• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I Played a Pro on For Glory

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sadly, the only really good players I've come across have also been super arrogant, teabagging and taunt spamming.
That sucks. Most "pros" that I encountered were Captain Falcons - I'm starting to wonder if falcons eat and hunt pheasants. One was a freaking blood knight - he wasn't using the Blood Falcon swap if anyone's wondering. This dude hunted down everyone and rushed against everyone. It would have been fun to try and stop a truck, but there were two other guys spamming moves all the time. So, I had to worry about a homicidal maniac and 2 spammers.

The other Captain Falcon, I think, I fought twice. He was good, but lag did prevent me from doing much. He didn't use many aerials though even if there were huge openings for him to just stomp me to death.

Anyway, I met a Rosalina who did nothing but juggle me. I couldn't do anything, but land a couple hits and get juggled. Hmm, is Rosalina & Luma that popular? It seems so, but I rarely ever fight one so, it makes the match up even worse since I'm not a great Falco player.

The coolest and most honorable fight was with a Little Mac - surprising huh? He didn't rush much and fought more like an out-boxer or a counterpuncher - defensive boxer styles. Lots of people complain about spamming, rusher Little Macs, but if you fought more of them like this guy, then it wouldn't be that bad since he waits for you, baits you, and punishes hard. The honorable part came when I screwed up and SD'd, so he SD'd to make it fair. I still lost twice, but it was cool to see a fighter like him.

Negoksai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Negoksai
3DS FC
3781-0352-9739
LoL, I think im that ganondorf, i wrecked jerm yesterday, with a red ganondorf nickname Brad
Chill when I go try hard I destroy you. :p But i'd say you are one of the better players I've faced. (Careful how you reply to tbis Mods are ban happy.)

SAX

Smash Ace
Nope. Most of my loses are due to me just quitting because of lag. I've faced decent players who know what they're doing, but my rob always wins on Glory. Haven't lost yet with him and I'm up to like 800 FG matches. FG is just terrible :/

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Anyway, I met a Rosalina who did nothing but juggle me. I couldn't do anything, but land a couple hits and get juggled. Hmm, is Rosalina & Luma that popular? It seems so, but I rarely ever fight one so, it makes the match up even worse since I'm not a great Falco player.
Would you happen to remember the name of the Rosalina player? It's just that it sounds a lot like my friend, who does nothing but juggle me when he plays as Rosalina, and he's really good at it and it frustrates me whenever I fight him. If you don't remember the name of the player, I could ask him if he remembers fighting a Falco with your tag.

One particularly good player I met on FG was a Yoshi. They knew the spacing of the egg throw perfectly, and knew how to combo with aerials and everything. Yoshi's are very annoying to fight.

Pryze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Apollon1an
I ran into one Xzax not too long ago; we played around ten games, all of which ended in his favor. They were all noticeably close and without lag, easily the best games I've played on FG.

Last edited:

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
... I think I fought Isai once.

He was default Link and had Isai as his tag. I played about ten rounds against him as Bowser and maybe won once. This doesn;t really surprise me considering that while I'm an acerage player, Isai hasn;t been doing anything professional for a while, at least to my knowledge. I would imagine he's rusty. Still, fun matches all around.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
... I think I fought Isai once.

He was default Link and had Isai as his tag. I played about ten rounds against him as Bowser and maybe won once. This doesn;t really surprise me considering that while I'm an acerage player, Isai hasn;t been doing anything professional for a while, at least to my knowledge. I would imagine he's rusty. Still, fun matches all around.
He's been playing Smash 64. But it wouldn't surprise me that, if it was him, he'd lose at least once, I mean Smash 4 is new to a lot of us.

M@v

Subarashii!
I only ran into one smash tag I recognized so far (8bitman); kind of disappointing otherwise as I was hoping to run into more pro smashers randomly in for glory. Yeah, I can play a lot of them over at smashdojo, but still I want the fun part of getting then in a random match make haha. I thought I had Will one time, but the guy wasn't good at all and wasn't him. (I also checked with Will later on facebook to make sure xD)

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Alot of the 'pro' players I see always use Captain Falcon. I haven't the faintest clue why. Guess his knee is too good. I've seen a pretty skilled Toon Link player about a week and a half ago. I could barely do anything against him. He predicted pretty much everything I was going to do and was completely helpless. I was particularly impressed with the way he threw the boomerang diagonally in anticipation of me mistakenly jumping in order to attack him, thinking I could go right over it. He was really good. Too bad I forgot his name.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Would you happen to remember the name of the Rosalina player? It's just that it sounds a lot like my friend, who does nothing but juggle me when he plays as Rosalina, and he's really good at it and it frustrates me whenever I fight him. If you don't remember the name of the player, I could ask him if he remembers fighting a Falco with your tag.

One particularly good player I met on FG was a Yoshi. They knew the spacing of the egg throw perfectly, and knew how to combo with aerials and everything. Yoshi's are very annoying to fight.
Nope, I don't remember and I rarely if ever meet a Rosalina player for some weird reason. Most of the time, I fight Link's who spam Hero's Bow, Gale Boomerang, and lag, especially freaking lag. I think I fought one Link wearing the Skyward Sword beginning clothes named "Chris" 5 times over a course of about a week or two - there has to be more than this Chris in the freaking world - and every time, it's laggy as hell. I don't know what the hell this dude is doing with his internet. Anyway, I digress.

I go by "Vnaatus" and I've been using blue Falco a lot lately... I remember when SSB4 online wasn't laggy... Those days seem so far away even though it's been like 3 weeks!

Last edited:

lunarum

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4055-3233-5833
Best player I've met on For Glory mode, was someone named darK, who used Shadow Link of course. I only beat him once, when he used Lucina against my Lucina, and if I remember it correctly, it was because he SD'd. He was really in control of Link, and utilized all his projectiles well.

ellord

Smash Apprentice
Ally (the 1st day it came out) on for glory then later Mr.R in with friends (nintendodojo ladder). I consider my skill to average 90% ratio win on for glory but 50% on nintendojo (I recommand this ladder for anyone looking for challenge with minimal lag).

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Welp ignore what I said before. Just ran into Dabuz and we played for an hour straight.
GGs ;)

I remembered your tag from playing brawl so I decided to say for out matches. You might of been able to tell that I was testing the applications of Rosa's fair when fighting you with...scary results.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Managed to face this Scary Marth player who knew his footsies VERY well. I still managed to win the match but oh boy. That was the hardest match I ever fought in online mode out of my 750 matches.

RoronoaTREY15

Smash Cadet
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
I think I played you!!! I am [TK]_Trey (name is cut off though) I may have picked Ike/Link

M@v

Subarashii!
GGs ;)

I remembered your tag from playing brawl so I decided to say for out matches. You might of been able to tell that I was testing the applications of Rosa's fair when fighting you with...scary results.
GGs likewise :). I feel like I ultra leveled in the Rosa mu because of it...learned a lot of useful things (Ways to deal with that fair was a big one for me). Also got to see what nair was like; almost no rosa's I've run into have used it much. Was worth the 4 hours of sleep I got xD. Also, you have any idea what my best character is? I still have a cluster of like 5-7 I'm using...didn't even play them all vs you (I didn't use Robin at all vs you). I think at this time Docs my best, but that may change on wii u when I can control people like Fox and Lucina better *shrug*. Time will tell.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
@ dr_six dr_six are you the pacman I played for like an hour and a half tonight? I was Mav on the 3ds and I used little Mac, doc, Falco, and a few others too. If I got the right one, ggs. Would of loved to keep playing even longer but I needed to sleep, and I had a few things to do before bed. If your not, well just ignore this then :3

Last edited:

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
The best player I've played against that I remember anyway was probably another Greninja main named pHaZe (spelled with a bunch of odd characters I'm not even going to try to figure out how to input here). Sadly I was only able to save four replays from him before my replays filled up. We played for a good hour or so and I actually managed to steal one match away from him. If I remember right we ended up switching around characters a bit and he was really good with a couple of my secondaries too. I really wish we could send out friend requests to recent players. :/

Last edited:

dr_six

Smash Cadet
@ dr_six dr_six are you the pacman I played for like an hour and a half tonight? I was Mav on the 3ds and I used little Mac, doc, Falco, and a few others too. If I got the right one, ggs. Would of loved to keep playing even longer but I needed to sleep, and I had a few things to do before bed. If your not, well just ignore this then :3
Yeah, great games man! We should play again some other time.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I played a Falcon main last night who was absolutely incredible. I said out loud to myself "...Who is this guy?" Their tag was in Japanese, just three characters, and my replays were full so unfortunately the magic is lost, unless we just so happen to cross For Glory paths again some day. I went and deleted some of them just in case I meet someone like that again. They were definitely the best I've played yet (played about 500 FG matches).
I played a a Captain Falcon and let's just say.... He showed me his moves....
So what i'm learning here is that if you fight a Captain Falcon in For Glory, you're in luck?

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah, great games man! We should play again some other time.
If you don't go to tourneys, you really should. You have an extremely solid pacman;easily the best I've run into so far. Keep practicing like that and you can wind up doing quite well. I feel you're a little weak in the little Mac matchup but that's cherrypicking

Last edited:

Marth Regalia

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4871-4228-5850
I've come across one guy who completely wrecked me with a Greninja. He was doing things so fast that I forgot it was Smash 4 and not Melee.

I'm pretty good though, and I'll pick an extremely underused character and just go on a rampage. (Yesterday was Game and Watch)

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
If you don't go to tourneys, you really should. You have an extremely solid pacman;easily the best I've run into so far. Keep practicing like that and you can wind up doing quite well. I feel you're a little weak in the little Mac matchup but that's cherrypicking
(Confused) Are you talking about me or the other guy?

NVM. I know who you're talking to. I do play a mean DK though. Surprisingly, he's not my main.

Last edited:

dr_six

Smash Cadet
I appreciate the compliment. I live in Georgia, so I'll probably go to some tournies there.

LightLV

Smash Ace
I'd praise falcon players, but honestly most of them online are pretty scrubby. His Fsmash has hilarious range now and raptor boost actually catches rolls AND KOs. But i'm very happy he's a good pick in this game.

I think the most wrecked ive ever been was against an Ike. I laugh about how trash he is in Smash4, but one of the few Ikes i encountered bodied me so hard I wished I could send him a message.

Top Bottom