• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I Played a Pro on For Glory

Designs

Smash Cadet
Just looking to see who the best player you have run across so far.

I have played around 300 matches so far and have won a decent majority of them(My 3DS tag is G).

Last night I was wrecked by half the cast after coming off a win streak of 6 games.

The players tag was Gallo, whom I do believe to be the Project M player from Youtube. I have yet to come across someone with as good of spacing as this guy. He was pretty cool. We had a match where we just footstooled each other and did tech stuff (etc.)

Anybody else play someone notably awesome randomly online?

Spirst

Sometimes. More often now than before. Whether that's the product of an actual matchmaking system being incorporated or people just getting better as the metagame progresses, I'm not sure.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I consider myself as being a below-average to average (at best) player right now, so it's pretty easy to figure out who is better than me... and yesterday, I faced a Ganondorf who 2-stocked me and I maybe put 20% on him. He then immediately quit, which makes me think that he was looking for a real challenge. Wish I'd remembered what his name was, as I would have checked to see if it it was somebody who's a pro.

Oh, I also played Jerm on his Twitch account a few days ago- he's done some pro stuff in the past. He gave me a round beating, too, although I did better against him than I did against that Ganondorf. Marginally.

Last edited:

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice

I have played around 300 matches so far and have won a decent majority of them(My 3DS tag is G).

Last night I was wrecked by half the cast after coming off a win streak of 6 games.

The players tag was Gallo, whom I do believe to be the Project M player from Youtube. I have yet to come across someone with as good of spacing as this guy. He was pretty cool. We had a match where we just footstooled each other and did tech stuff (etc.)

Footstool match ended with Ganon utilt? If so, GGs!

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
i have fought a lot of good players in FG i have saved some of the replays, but im the same sometimes despite me winning like 3 times in a row they stick around and use other characters againts my Yoshi, or i begin to switch my characters around since there really good, but i can name a few, one that really sticked to my mind was named Isaac he was the first Little Mac player who i had to bust out my yoshi to even win a few matches, because he was just so good at spacing and countering my atttacks, i often google search or visit around the forums wondering if i will ever find someone who has commented fighting me or maybe i find someone too, only time will tell

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
I went against a Megaman that destroyed my Little Mac. So much projectile spam...., which was then followed by dash attacks, uppercuts and a not bad airgame that ended the match pretty fast.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Best player I've played so far was some guy named Mo24367 (something). Out of the 845 matches so far; he's the only one I've faced who was clearly better than me in almost every way.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
I played a Falcon main last night who was absolutely incredible. I said out loud to myself "...Who is this guy?" Their tag was in Japanese, just three characters, and my replays were full so unfortunately the magic is lost, unless we just so happen to cross For Glory paths again some day. I went and deleted some of them just in case I meet someone like that again. They were definitely the best I've played yet (played about 500 FG matches).

Last edited:

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
All I get are DALMS (Dash-Attacking-Little-Macs) and ignorant Ike players who open up every match with "I fight for my friends"
dang thats some terrible luck if thats all you get, D: i rarely have fought Ikes, and when i do they dont even taunt, Macs though is a different story

ThatManMa

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2380-5034-8443
I remember that during one of my first few games in For Glory mode, I faced a Greninja player with a Japanese name. All he did was spam water shuriken to get me to approach, then proceeded get me off stage and gimp me with his up-b. I believe I did like 15% total on him.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I think I fought (and got wrecked by) Gallo also xD The name looks familiar.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
I played Dabuz' Shiek on For Glory today. Made me feel so scrubby (because I am). I struggled one match and he left.

Last edited:

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
I played Qerb last night, I was actually just trying out randoms and I got DK and I got murdered by his Doc.
I changed to G&W so I could show that I acknowledged who he was, and see if he got the hint, and he wrecked me with Wario.

He played G&W next and I played my main Rosalina and narrowingly won, and though I'd probably never have a chance against his Melee G&W I felt pretty proud for beating his Smash 4 rendition.

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
I played a a Captain Falcon and let's just say.... He showed me his moves....

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694
I consider myself as being a below-average to average (at best) player right now, so it's pretty easy to figure out who is better than me... and yesterday, I faced a Ganondorf who 2-stocked me and I maybe put 20% on him. He then immediately quit, which makes me think that he was looking for a real challenge. Wish I'd remembered what his name was, as I would have checked to see if it it was somebody who's a pro.

Oh, I also played Jerm on his Twitch account a few days ago- he's done some pro stuff in the past. He gave me a round beating, too, although I did better against him than I did against that Ganondorf. Marginally.
LoL, I think im that ganondorf, i wrecked jerm yesterday, with a red ganondorf nickname Brad

Last edited:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings

I have played against two pros before and they were crazy good. I once played against Zef who is one of Shofu's friends and one of the few :4littlemac:with actual skill,and I played against AbdallahSmash026 who is a guy on Youtube and he use :4mario:against me, he was freaking amazing at getting the spikes.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I don't know about pros, but I played once, maybe twice (I might have randomly encountered him in For Glory again today), against a good player called Shadow...something.

He used a black Yoshi, and his reaction speed was 2good.

I couldn't even beat him with Villager.

I love players who absolutely kick my ass with how good they are, because I love seeing just how high the ceiling is, and just how much one can do.

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
I love players who absolutely kick my *** with how good they are, because I love seeing just how high the ceiling is, and just how much one can do.
love this mentality and mind set, it can be difficult for some, like me, i can only appreciate a good ass whooping if its a friend or someone i know, if its a complete stranger it can be a frustrating experience for me, since usually when i get owned they instantly back out of the room, not giving me a chance to try again and figure out what i did wrong or why their skill was just much better than mine, other than that, people like you i respect a ton :3

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
love this mentality and mind set, it can be difficult for some, like me, i can only appreciate a good *** whooping if its a friend or someone i know, if its a complete stranger it can be a frustrating experience for me, since usually when i get owned they instantly back out of the room, not giving me a chance to try again and figure out what i did wrong or why their skill was just much better than mine, other than that, people like you i respect a ton :3
I've GOT to start saving games I lose, I sometimes just move onto the next one right away, excited about giving it another shot.

When I throw everythin I got at someone, and they 2-stock me regardless, I feel that there's a lot of room to improve, which is always great.

And the only real way to get to that mentality, is to keep in mind one thing: No matter how good you are, there will always be someone better.

Unless you're Mang0- *shot*

It's a bit frustrating sometimes, but that's only because I'm frustrated at myself, for example, for not being able to beat someone's Dark Pit after 6 times, using all 3 of my mains, when I know I can do a bit better XD

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
I've GOT to start saving games I lose, I sometimes just move onto the next one right away, excited about giving it another shot.

When I throw everythin I got at someone, and they 2-stock me regardless, I feel that there's a lot of room to improve, which is always great.
And the only real way to get to that mentality, is to keep in mind one thing: No matter how good you are, there will always be someone better....Unless you're Mang0- *shot*
It's a bit frustrating sometimes, but that's only because I'm frustrated at myself, for example, for not being able to beat someone's Dark Pit after 6 times, using all 3 of my mains, when I know I can do a bit better XD
heheh yeah i know what you mean, though Hungry box got close on making a comeback on EVO 2014 and he used friggin jigglypuff, but anyways, i know how you feel, im the same i usually keep replays where i 2 stock, and out of tapping A to get into the next match when its me who gets 2 stocked, i forget to save the replay, just sucks when they leave though hehe, if we end up having a good connection maybe we can have some games, as you can tell from my Sig i have a variety of characters Yoshi being my best, and i think thats why i get so frustrated/salty because i get angry at myself D: unlike any other game though Smash saltyness last very little and i get over it quickly, since i know i can do better X3

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Best way to deal with Smash saltyness:

Play a free-for-all with your buds, with items on.

Always a riot.

I'd like to face you someday, heard you were a pretty well-known Yoshi main. My internet connection is glitchy right now, but Im totes gonna add ya when I get the chance.

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
Best way to deal with Smash saltyness: Play a free-for-all with your buds, with items on, Always a riot.
I'd like to face you someday, heard you were a pretty well-known Yoshi main. My internet connection is glitchy right now, but Im totes gonna add ya when I get the chance.
heheh if only i had friends to free for all with items on, so i just go "For Fun" and hope i dont get a laggy match hehe, which i have gotten some decent games and did had fun, so it really does help, and probably why i enjoy smash so much, theres always a way to relax and cheer up, or get hyped and grow stronger

best of wishes on your connection, it sucks when the internet doesnt work properly, D: thanks on the compliment though, just to feel recognized makes me feel very humbled, thank you, that just made my day :)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I know right! The only bad part is, that you can only do time matches >:

Also you're welcome ;P haha. Did you get recognition from frequenting tournaments, or streaming matches?

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
more like uploading videos to youtube and playing a lot of people online, back in the Brawl era, also trough many matches on another website called All is Brawl, i been wanting to do the same with the new smash, but like i need to find a ranking website to fight tons of people and get recognition like that hehe, but im still uploading videos recently, but with a variety of characters, in fact i started doing it to find those who beat me in FG and well post them around here, like this topic suggested XD

OhPzNerd

Smash Rookie
i consider myself a average player, played couple of amazing players that totally destroy my hopes becoming pro. #sadboi2014 :'''( but glory is my favorite online mode for the 3ds. im pretty sure i played Gallo also just dont remember the match, but im sure he was one of those guys that was racking wins against me Q.Q also played Peachy~ dude that was most skilled peach i've ever played on glory couldnt even **** with her made me rage out of the game :(

Last edited:

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
against good players I feel my weaknesses get exploited, which helps me to improve greatly. But losing to scrubs because of lag is really frustrating. The character I play is light and mobile and need precision to be effective, but I love to play against skilled opponents that can wreck me or make me play my best.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Online i haven't really played against someone I'd consider a "true Pro". I've fought many who were on my level and a few slightly above, but nobody who I really felt was outstanding.

I guess the toughest guy was that Yoshi player who 2-stocked me twice even though I played my best characters, but that was more me screwing up due to not knowing Yoshi then just completely being outplayed. I don't remember his name ATM but I might look it up on replays and post here

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I got wrecked by a standard Link by the name of Lazu. 5 or 6 matches, I came closer every time and removing his stocks for a change, but he left. If only I could play more people like that. He had a lot of moves that weren't just the normal spamming nonsense you see all day every day. Let's just say losing was still satisfactory, unlike losing to nonsense.

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
If anyone on their way through this thread sees my message, I am Zane, and am known to play :4link:(main), :4marth:(secondary), :4ganondorf:(for great justice!), and:4myfriends::4megaman: to show they're not trash.

Too many good opponents to list (or remember for that matter), but one such player was a :4falcon:/:4link: whom I went fairly even with (like 6/4 me^) that gave me some amazing matches, and put up with a lot of lolzy SDs. Wherever you are MR. or MRS. "Drewboy...", I salute you and your great manners. Everytime there was a serious lag spike we both retreat and test frames till both of us begin to approach. GGs and I sincerely hope to play you again sometime.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I probably came across some pro player in Japan. I deleted the For Glory videos, though, because I needed room for other matches. I don't do For Glory anymore because I'm playing in the NintendoDojo ladder.

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
Seems like 75% of the people I play against are "pro" like that. I never get matched with intermediate players like myself and it's infuriating. They're always trying to do their fancy no-escape combos and it just makes me mad because of all the button lag I get.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Sadly, the only really good players I've come across have also been super arrogant, teabagging and taunt spamming.

Top Bottom