• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I got some MetaKnight hatemail the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE IRON KENYAN

Smash Rookie
I am a MetaKnight main

This in turn implies that I piss people off

What im saying is, is do you get hatemail or get ridiculed for your usage of the finest character in the French Gourmet game that is Super Smash Bros Brawl?(Pardon my French)

Ive recently received hatemail from a Diddy Kong player for me using his own banana on stage to KO him(Set up the KO, he slipped on the banana, I did the forward smash yada yada) and then I did the ultimate invincible edge grab thing where I just go into an invincibility frame over and over again until the match was over.

He continued to slander my family and threatened to cut the chord on my wii mote and nunchaku(the controller I use to main MetaKnight with) so that I could not play smash anymore in the tournament and I would be FORCED to use a gamecube controller(ugh)

I complained to the judges, who were not pleased with his threats or my usages of these so called "cheater nub scrub techniques"(his own words) but in the end the judges could not find any rule prohibiting this so I ended up going onto the next round while he got banned from the next tournament.

For details on the tournament it was a 24 player tournament 9 of which MetaKnight players.

And this was a fairly low number of MetaKnight mains at this tournament.

What really worries me though is that we both live in Rhode Island. He may not know where I live, but its a pretty small state so this dude might be able to find me(15 miles wide last time I checked ?_?)

Do you guys experience any ridicule for being able to bone any other character in the game?
Have you gotten pseudo-death threats like I have?

Thanks for your time in advance.
THE IRON KENYAN

smashmachine

Smash Lord
lol SOMEBODY takes this game too seriously....

i could understand him complaining about planking, but the banana thing...really?!?!?!

EDIT: learn ice climbers and infinite him ^^

TP

Smash Master
Planking is banned at most tournaments. You should have been disqualified. The Diddy had every right to be pissed, since he lost in a tournament to someone with possibly significantly less skill than him due to a faulty ruleset.

:034:

THE IRON KENYAN

Smash Rookie
Planking is banned at most tournaments. You should have been disqualified. The Diddy had every right to be pissed, since he lost in a tournament to someone with possibly significantly less skill than him due to a faulty ruleset.

:034:

He came to a tournament that didnt cement that rule in place at all. This was just a game store and I was the only guy using wiichucks, but I still wooped his ***.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
Still, I'd say planking is a "scrub technique", and I agree, the diddy should be pissed because planking is cheap.

POKE40

Smash Lord
Your planking/stalling abuse was the main reason he or she got pissed off and sent hate-mail.

Usually planking/stalling is dubbed "illegal" to do in tournaments based off SBR's tournament rules.
You got away w/ it because the tournament didn't have "good" rules.

Good stuff.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Planking is like camping/baiting.

If someone was doing that against you, you'd be irritated, no?

You main MK, you won't need to plank, you've already got high priority attacks. Isn't that more than enough for you?

Aesthetic

Smash Cadet
The other guy had every right to be annoyed, but verbal abuse like that was taking it a bit too far.

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
Still, I'd say planking is a "scrub technique", and I agree, the diddy should be pissed because planking is cheap.
I'd suggest you look up the common definition of 'scrub'.

EDIT: Well, perhaps not the common definition, but at least as it applies to games.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Lol, planking wasn't banned, the Diddy player should've shut up. Serves him right for going to such a tourney anyways.

You won, thats' all that matters. >=D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't plank and you won't be raged at. Keep planking, then get used to being disliked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom