• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So how would YOU handle the daily updates?

Topaz989

Smash Cadet
I don't know about you, but everytime there is a new update, some people would complain it was lame and how they are tired of all these "tiny updates". After being a long time Nintendo fan, I find these daily updates a blessing and applaud the man for providing ANY info.

So here's the deal, if you had to be the one to put the updates, how would you handle it?

Kaburii

Smash Apprentice
Not show any daily updates at all. :)

That way, when the latest update is revealed in a meeting, Japanese blog, or a gaming site, people would get really hyped up about it.

burrito

Smash Lord
A new character every day!

Just kidding, I like the updates the way they are. I wish people would stop complaining about them.

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't do em at all. Seems like a lot of work that he doesnt have to do if he doesnt want to do.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You really think there's someone right now uploading an update? I've seen other Companies give way more info than Nintendo, so whatever.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
I'd give the fans what they really want! Namly us United States folk. I'd promise an inclusion of 60 playable characters tops! If DBZ Tenkaichi 2 can put in a $hit load of characters than so can Brawl! HOLLA!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Mine wouldn't be daily.

I would just post one big load of stuff every monday. Preferrably a big load of stuff that together seems really awesome, with occasional letdowns.

The problem right now is that we got too used to having updates. We already take them for granted, so now we don't feel "yay, we get updates" but "Today's update was decidedly unsatisfying."

I would also find a way to make it update at a time that's not really crappy for one half of the world... if that's even possible, that is.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
I wish people would appreciate each update as it comes. Imagine, I think 99.9% of the people here would choose updates such as these (including new characters, etc) rather than be left in the dark in terms of what the game is going to have in it.

Anyway, I think I'd keep it how it is. Yeah, I know that's an easy thing to say, but with myself being a musician and all, I ENJOY the music updates, when other people will be saything things like: "OMG what's this piece of shi'". But we're all in the same boat - things that won't be released during the build up will have to be discovered in the final version.

So hush.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i would make one gran announcement ( like the starting roster, followed by many many small updates. or updates on the characters like their b moves. the rest of my updates would be just like the ones we are getting now. items, stages, music....peace

-hiroshi

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
A Calendar before I release Updates
"How to Play Week 1"
"Starting Character Week 1"
"Item Week 1"
"Stage Week 1"
So I know which weeks I can lie in for :p

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I would keep it how it is....except that on Item Updates I would put 2 Items a day...

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'd start the week out with a minor update, then progressively get better as I end the week with something BIG!

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Though I lol at the clowns saying "EVERYTHING AT ONCE", I vote doing all returning characters in the starting roster in the first week, followed by one newcomer each week, other than that I won't change a thing.

Though I like the 5 shot weekly instead of 1 daily thing.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
This is what i would do:

1 Returning character a week

Said character's special moves (all of them, mind you)

A music update

An item update (two of them)

Last one a SE update or some new game mode stuff (my music, special brawl)

Of course all weeks wouldn't follow this exact pattern, i would probably switch items with some other stuff.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Most people here are gonna be dumb enough to get all of the good updates out first, then have a drought of mediorce updates from then till Dec 3.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'd probably have updates similar to these, except with more double updates, especially for item, how-to-play, and music updates. I would release all the moves for veteran characters soon after introducing them, but not necessarily for the newcomers. I'd probably also release move lists for A attacks and grabs too. Maybe like a "grab" or "arial" or a few "ground" updates. This would also primarily be for returning characters.

I would also find a way to make it update at a time that's not really crappy for one half of the world... if that's even possible, that is.
You know, you don't have to check the site right when they update. ;)

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I don't really care if I get a bad update, I just ignore it and get on with my life and do something else. I think it's just ridiculous that people here have temper tauntrums over a game update if it isn't spectacular and amazing. Frankly, I don't even put THAT much of an importance on these updates as most people here seem to do. If an update is bad, I ignore it and move on with my life. If it's good, I'm happy for about 15 minutes then I do something else, unless I have nothing to do that day.

Ryralane

Smash Rookie
Monday: Character, either starter or unlockable, whichever
Tuesday: Item
Wednesday: Music (Yay music! =D)
Thursday: Stage
Friday: Anything else
As far as I've seen, they don't update on weekends.

This way, people won't be hoping for a character but instead get an item. ^^

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
the way I think he does it, is he takes like 2 months of updates, makes them, writes them all on a piece of paper (leaves some for special days), then puts them in a hat. That would explain why it took so long for Meta-Knight to be updated, and why there were so many character updates in those weeks.

I, however, would have a poll on monday, with a list of characters and have the world vote on the top 4 they want to see fight. Then during the week I would do random updates. The next monday would be the choice of a stage. Then that friday, I would show a movie of the worlds choices

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
I would release all the characters in one day then post pictures of me making goofy faces for the rest of the updates

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Show Black Knight is in brawl, but instead of "New Challenger Approaching" I would put "None Shall Pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I'd have a schedule

Monday: How To Plays/Returning Characters+Items
Tuesdays: Subspace Emissary/Bosses
Wednesdays: Game Modes/Stages
Thursdays: Assist Trophy/Pokemon
Fridays: New Characters Or 2 non-character updates.

Monday: assist trophy of a character everyone thought was going to be in.
Tuesday: Stage where a character everyone thought would be in is in the background.
Wednesday: Pokeball of a character everyone thought was going to be in.
Thursday: YOU MUST RESPAWN
Friday: Music

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
the way I think he does it, is he takes like 2 months of updates, makes them, writes them all on a piece of paper (leaves some for special days), then puts them in a hat. That would explain why it took so long for Meta-Knight to be updated, and why there were so many character updates in those weeks.
yeah and then double updates are when he accidentally picks up 2:laugh:

garbage

Smash Journeyman
I like'em right now. There's always little something to look at every weekday, and if it's something "lame" one day, it won't be as lame the next.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'd make the updates completely random in nature, and not care what some spoiled whiners thought of them.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Hey hey, Americans get Brawl on December 3rd.

Australians get updates at 4:30pm, but our release date will be like, early January?

If you want, lets trade.

gnosis

Smash Lord
The only change I would have is make sure that the week progresses in quality to end with a bang. That's probably my only real disappointment - boring Friday updates.

Top Bottom