• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So dair really isn't that great, what do you use instead?

splat5

Smash Rookie
So here's the situation, I always find myself getting up-thrown or up-smashed or up-something'd during a match whilst my opponent is just waiting for me to land to up-smash me again or something to send me straight back up and after playing a lot of fox, i can't help but immediately dair and up-tilt. however, here's my problem, IC's dair has a lot of end lag even after you land it and not much knockback so it's easily punishable. i was wondering what do you guys use instead? right now i'm just air-dodging and DI-ing away til i get my feet back on the ground.

thanks in advance.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I use a mix of D-airs, air dodges, or N-airs to get back on the ground. Sometime's I will use the Ice Block to give myself a little height before landing to throw off my opponent's timing, and then land. Or I use Squall hammer to try to out manuver and land to their side, since it can make you drop like a rock.

You have to find ways to keep your opponent guessing. That's generally what I do, but other's have different ways of dealing with landing on the stage.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
agreed.
dair is effective as it out prioritizes many attacks, but you still need to mix it up with air dodges. a synched squall is also a good means of getting back to the ground.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Dair is a very good surprise attack, but don't use it too often!

Side+B & down+B should be used from time to time!

Include DI and airdodge in the mix too and you have a nice, versatile, falling bag stuffed with candy for you opponent! :)

Rykard

Smash Ace
dair cuts through metaknights up b which is always a plus.

the only problem with blizzard is your opponent can just run to the non blizzarding side and punish you when you land or get right under you, sheild and then punish you from there.

Miller

Smash Lord
Honestly, you should wonder why you place Iceys if you use Dair >_> It's a horrible, horrible move. Use anything but dair >_>

Slush

Smash Cadet
Haha! thats just the thing though, you fake them out by using aerial blizzards and the aerial Forward-B then when they don't expect it, DAIR!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Use it if you are definitely going to connect and you won't be punished for it.

Duh.

Hint: No move is useless. Not even Warlock Punch.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I use Dair if my opponent lacks enough ground speed to punish me, or if they're right under me and not expecting anything. Otherwise, I'll just FF an airdodge or toss out a few ice blocks to slow them down.

If all else fails, go for the ledge.

On another note, Choknater wins this thread. Every move has a purpose, but many are just highly situational. Ganon's Up Tilt is an extremely good shield breaker, which of course leads into a reversed Warlock Punch, and Warlock Punch can also be used as a substitute recovery move from up high.

Top Bottom