• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So. Ca Super Smash Bros Tournament-Saturday Sept 8th at CSUN University in Northridge

MikomiCon

Smash Rookie
Don't miss out on the MikomiCon 2007 Super Smash Bros Tournament

The Place: MikomiCon 2007-CSUN University-Northridge, Ca
The Date: Saturday, Sept 8th 2007
Time: 11:00am-7:00pm.
Entry to the tournament is free with the purchase of a one-day con membership $25 . We suggest that you pre-register online to reduce wait times.

Click here to pre-register: http://www.mikomicon.com/Reg.php

[Tournament Registration]
Registration starts at 10am, tournament starts at 11am.

[Rules]
1. One on one, best of three, double elimination.
2. Stages will be RANDOMly selected from the following: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64 and Pokemon Stadium.
3. Items will be ON, set to MEDIUM. All items that give health or prevent damage will be turned OFF.
4. Stock will be at 4 lives.
5. Pause will be OFF.
6. Time limit for each round is 8:00.

[Prizes]
1ST- Nintendo Wii
2ND- Nintendo DS Lite
3RD- Super Smash Bros. Brawl

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
i came to this 1 last year it was too fun..I got top 15 :) it was my first tourney..I don't think i'll be going to this 1 but i say more people will show if you turn items off

MikomiCon

Smash Rookie
Glad that you are all coming:) If you live in the area, my advise would be to come on either Thursday, Sept 6th or Friday Sept 7th to purchase your one-day pass.

Saturday morning is typically the busiest day for registration, and we had some people who came later in the morning Saturday, had to wait in line at REG then sign-up for the tourney.

They ended up cutting it pretty close. The best way is to pre-reg online, so all that you have do is pick up your badge. Much faster that way and $5 cheaper.

But, if you plan on paying at-con, Thursday or Friday is the best day. REG is located in the CSUN USU. That is the Student Union area. In the middle of the USU is an open plaza called the Plaza Del Sol. We will be located near that area. The video gaming room is located in a building directly off of the Plaza, right by REG.

Oh, and for anyone who purchases the full con pass, we just found out that we have the okay to show the Transformers movie. The movie will be screening on Friday. I am very jazzed about it! Loved that movie.

MikomiCon

Smash Rookie
Hi,
I am not the one running the tourney, you are more than welcome to address those questions to the person in charge of console gaming.

If you go to our forums, i'm sure that he'll be more than happy to answer any additional questions you might have.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
This sounds like something we cant miss...Front page it!
On another note...We have successfully 2nd paged the S&C tournament thread!
^^(In one day)

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol morb nobody cares about your idea's know why? its because you dont have a pimp a** haircut like me,now let me try........ take off items pleas :) lmao

MikomiCon

Smash Rookie
MikomiCon Gaming Room

Glad you are all planning on coming. The video gaming room this year is going to have even more stations than before.

James, the person in charge, has got some really great stuff planned!

The best place to ask specific tourney questions is on our forums

Off topic here: For our gamers XSEED Games will be hosting a panel on Saturday, and Red vs Blue will be doing a panel on Sunday.

We will be giving out XSEED's newest games: Brave Story & WildARMS as prizes, so some lucky con-goers wil when an XSEED game as well:)

2 WEEKS AND COUNTING UNTIL CON!!!!!

festizzio

Smash Champion
If the guy running the tourney changes his mind on the items, I might go. But there's not a chance in hell I'm going with items on, they were always my least favorite part of the game and I'm sure there would be a much larger turnout if items were off. But hey, it's not my decision to make.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
When are you going to post the rules for the Mario Kart tourney?

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
well im sure a lot of ppl are going
just not posting it
cuz i mean... if no good smashers go, and one does, he has the sickest chance of winning a Wii

Top Bottom