• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Brawl Has No Tech Skill? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Smash Master
Why are so many people such sandy crotch ******s.
Brawl is an amazing game and just because you get your *** handed to you does not mean you should come to the boards and rag on Brawl. Its different than Melee just as Melee is different than the original smash. If you want to rag on a bad sequel go to the Halo 3 boards please, and join your ****ing noob friends there.
We don't hate brawl because we're bad at it. We hate brawl because immature 10 year olds who think swearing makes them cool, like you, are the main people who play the game.

That, coupled with the fact that the lack of hitstun, combo's, and fun, makes it barely even a fighting game. Almost all the pro's like melee better, they just play brawl easy money kicking kid's like you's *****.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
We don't hate brawl because we're bad at it. We hate brawl because immature 10 year olds who think swearing makes them cool, like you, are the main people who play the game.

That, coupled with the fact that the lack of hitstun, combo's, and fun, makes it barely even a fighting game. Almost all the pro's like melee better, they just play brawl easy money kicking kid's like you's *****.
Fun is opinion based, but the other two are correct.

Brawl still has to develop..It could get better(if you don't think it's good). I personally don't know why you guys keep bringing Melee up though..everyone knows it's more technical. Just drop it *please*.

And just because hitstun and lacking combo's are present doesn't mean it's not a fighting game..but I get your point.

Instead of insulting, bringing down, whatevering(...)Massiveguns[and MassiveG's in return], how about just give him tips on what he should do instead of, "Brawl sucks", "n00b", etc.
Say what you want to this, but I'm on no ones side and I'm CERTAINLY NOT getting into this useless bickering.

@Massiveguns:
Taking notes? You should be from some of what people are saying is bad in your video(Ex- Ice Climbers. Execute better and do it on a smaller, DI'ing opponent/s). If you want to do the best you can to at least try and prove Brawl has considerable tech skill as of now(which I think you should), I would get started immediately. When your done, LOOK IT OVER and see if your repeating things too much or executing them badly. If you don't think so, then upload it..I want to see your fullest technical ability in brawl with a PLETHORA of characters! Until then, I'm done.

- Nice video Silent wolf. ^_^

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
I liked the video. It was technical enough.

I still don't understand this stupid obsession with what game has more technical **** that nobody can even give a clear definition of. How can you say that one game is better than another based on how many things can be done in that game, that was not supposed to be used in such fashion in the first place. I swear it's a mystery how some of your minds work.

It's funny how the melee fanboys talk of how melee is fun with all those neat techs but the more I play it the more bored I get. I am not the only one who thinks this way. Considering melee has one of the worst buffering systems /gameplay mechanics I've EVER experienced in a fighting game. But that's my own opinion. I dare say it is FACT. But that's an argument for another day.

I'm so sick of the "smash community" and its inability to get along or shut up. Constantly trying to put each other down is extremely laughable from a third party view.

I think it's about time to separate the brawl and melee boards into two different web sites.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
E.M., all I have to say is you are ****ing stupid. Your sig is just further proof of it.
Nah you're stupid son. You have no good reply. You fail.

What's wrong with my sig? Oh that's right, you're too slow for that kind of gameplay.

Oracle

Smash Master
We keep bringing up melee because this guy is basically like "lolololol melee has no tech skill brawl is technical" when everyone who is educated knows that this is not true.

EM, I gave you the definition of tech skill in the last thread. Quit asking for it to piss people off.

blackfox2765

Smash Rookie
So who the **** cares if brawl doesn't have tech skills. No one that's who should care. OMFG I cant shine as fox OMFG there is no tech OMFG. I myself entered several Melee tourneys well known ones too. I did fine and I never used any of this gay **** in your vids. I used Fox and Falco if any one is wondering. So play Brawl and stop crying every time a camping R.O.B. or chain grabbing DeDeDe beats your *** b/c it involves no tech skill. STFU. I agree Melee may have a lot more tech skill, but like I said who the **** cares just a bunch of winie *****es that didn't get what they wanted out of a game you all are so ****ing jaded so go play your stupid Melee, I'll continue chain grabbing your *** off the edge in Brawl.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I'm not on Massiveguns side or anything but I'd like to point out that he was doing an icicle lock. A combo used by Ice Climbers is dthrow > nana fair or footstool > icicle. <---this combo FORCES the victim to get up normally because of missing a tech and getting hit by the icicle shot. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Melee terms but the Ice Climbers combo is similar to a Thunders or Mango combo. All three combos abuse the fact that getting hit by a jab (Melee) or icicle (Brawl) after missing a tech forces you to stand up regularly.
You can still get out of a Thunders combo in Melee. IIRC you have to be holding left or right on the frame of being jabbed and you'll roll to one side or the other. I'm pretty sure you can do a get-up attack too.

I don't know about brawl though johnsssss.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
blackfox people like you make Brawl players look bad. =(

Oracle

Smash Master
So who the **** cares if brawl doesn't have tech skills. No one that's who should care. OMFG I cant shine as fox OMFG there is no tech OMFG. I myself entered several Melee tourneys well known ones too. I did fine and I never used any of this gay **** in your vids. I used Fox and Falco if any one is wondering. So play Brawl and stop crying every time a camping R.O.B. or chain grabbing DeDeDe beats your *** b/c it involves no tech skill. STFU. I agree Melee may have a lot more tech skill, but like I said who the **** cares just a bunch of winie *****es that didn't get what they wanted out of a game you all are so ****ing jaded so go play your stupid Melee, I'll continue chain grabbing your *** off the edge in Brawl.
Tech skill is what makes this series competitive. Without it, its a gay party game. That's why very few intelligent people play brawl.

The other reason we don't play is because little kids like you make up the majority of its players. And you can't call anything in melee gay because BRAWL IS THE GAYEST GAME EVER. The two techniques that let you win involve either pressing one button and a direction over and over again, or z->down->z->down...

You clearly sucked at melee. Don't lie about this crap that you did well at tourneys, because it's really stupid and we can ALL see that you're lying.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
keep it about my movie and brawl... and not about who plays better games ....... probably the 10th time i have said this. I agree HRC can be very technical and i respect those perfecting it.

You can still get out of a Thunders combo in Melee. IIRC you have to be holding left or right on the frame of being jabbed and you'll roll to one side or the other. I'm pretty sure you can do a get-up attack too.

I don't know about brawl though johnsssss.
You can stand up from the jab without having to roll at any %.

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
keep it about my movie and brawl... and not about who plays better games ....... probably the 10th time i have said this. I agree HRC can be very technical and i respect those perfecting it.
by titling the video and thread the way you did, you're basically asking people to start a brawl vs melee discussion

you're an idiot

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
by titling the video and thread the way you did, you're basically asking people to start a brawl vs melee discussion

you're an idiot
no i am asking them to push the metagame of brawl further. Nothing about proving brawl is a good game,should make people think melee is worse. Same goes to people who are saying brawl is better then melee. PEOPLE JUST WANT to create controversy. also make sure you understand what happened before you say its easy ... some of your guys sound like idiots.....

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
the OP said:
If you are a melee fanboy
Expect to be bashed.
Don't call other people idiots.
Nuff said.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I think people are just people downright mean and stupid in this. Half the point in this was just to do something techincal in Brawl... Some of the stuff he did was at least higher level play stuff. All of you are liars saying you did it on your first day. Most of the techniques weren't even out at the time so shut up you pompous *****. For Brawl I say it was enjoyable but you definitely could have polished it and planned some things better.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Okay your post is just downright stupid I hope you leave Smashboards immediately. We don't need your type of people.

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
no i am asking them to push the metagame of brawl further. Nothing about proving brawl is a good game,should make people think melee is worse. Same goes to people who are saying brawl is better then melee. PEOPLE JUST WANT to create controversy. also make sure you understand what happened before you say its easy ... some of your guys sound like idiots.....
the thread title was obviously directed towards people who don't think brawl is a technical game. the people who don't think brawl is a technical game are the ones who enjoy and play melee over brawl.

so when you title a thread the way you did, you cause said arguments to take place

why is this so hard to understand?

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I think people are just people downright mean and stupid in this. Half the point in this was just to do something techincal in Brawl... Some of the stuff he did was at least higher level play stuff. All of you are liars saying you did it on your first day. Most of the techniques weren't even out at the time so shut up you pompous *****. For Brawl I say it was enjoyable but you definitely could have polished it and planned some things better.
woah someone who actually understands......

No, here's someone who understands:

the thread title was obviously directed towards people who don't think brawl is a technical game. the people who don't think brawl is a technical game are the ones who enjoy and play melee over brawl.

so when you title a thread the way you did, you cause said arguments to take place

why is this so hard to understand?
Comparatively, Brawl doesn't have much technical skill at all. That's usually what people mean when they say it has "no tech skill", they're comparing the games, and judging from this video, it's still very true. Compared to other games it might, but obviously those games weren't meant for technical skill.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
No, here's someone who understands:

Comparatively, Brawl doesn't have much technical skill at all. That's usually what people mean when they say it has "no tech skill", they're comparing the games, and judging from this video, it's still very true. Compared to other games it might, but obviously those games weren't meant for technical skill.
i have stated several times that i am well aware that melee has more technical skill ..... i cant believe this argument is still happening.

You must be missing my point. How can you not believe this is happening? Do you not comprehend the primary implication of the title, and what the purpose of the video seems to be getting at? What more would you expect than what has happened in the thread.

blackfox2765

Smash Rookie
Tech skill is what makes this series competitive. Without it, its a gay party game. That's why very few intelligent people play brawl.

The other reason we don't play is because little kids like you make up the majority of its players. And you can't call anything in melee gay because BRAWL IS THE GAYEST GAME EVER. The two techniques that let you win involve either pressing one button and a direction over and over again, or z->down->z->down...

You clearly sucked at melee. Don't lie about this crap that you did well at tourneys, because it's really stupid and we can ALL see that you're lying.
little kids I'm 34. Not intelligent im in MENSA that means I have an I.Q. of over 140. I am just tired of people complaining about how Brawl blows blah blah blah. Its the new game for smash competitions so play it or don't we don't need to hear all you ***** about how ****ing bad it is.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
You must be missing my point. How can you not believe this is happening? Do you not comprehend the primary implication of the title, and what the purpose of the video seems to be getting at? What more would you expect than what has happened in the thread.
i expected people to critique my performance and possibly suggest how to improve what i have done. Silent Wolf you are better then me at technical skill, but melee technical skill can not be useful to brawl players.

This movie is in the brawl video's section and thus is meant to be only about brawl, i am sorry if this name is annoying, but i am just showing that BRAWL DOES HAVE TECH SKILL and nothing else no other claims at it being better then melee or me being the best brawl player or me being the best at technical skill.

i hope this clears things up...

blackfox2765

Smash Rookie
I mean I get it I miss Melee too. You can't sit here and complain and expect anything to happen. So go play Melee I will agree that it has more tech skills. But Brawl is still amazing for what it is. I just don't want to get on the forums and see all these Melee fan boys dramatize how good Melee was. Its probably the fact that your more familiar with it than you are Brawl. So stop complaining and labeling people who play Brawl as unintelligent party gamers. I'm done arguing about this. If you want to argue some more I have a fence post I would be glad to mail to your house, you can argue with that if you like

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Why are so many people such sandy crotch ******s.
Brawl is an amazing game and just because you get your *** handed to you does not mean you should come to the boards and rag on Brawl. Its different than Melee just as Melee is different than the original smash. If you want to rag on a bad sequel go to the Halo 3 boards please, and join your ****ing noob friends there.
little kids I'm 34. Not intelligent im in MENSA that means I have an I.Q. of over 140. I am just tired of people complaining about how Brawl blows blah blah blah. Its the new game for smash competitions so play it or don't we don't need to hear all you ***** about how ****ing bad it is.
Intelligence reached a whole new level.

blackfox2765

Smash Rookie
Ah what ever I don't even care any more all I am saying is both games are good in different aspects. So what ever. There is no way to know if I'm lying or not I will give you that, but I'm not. The point is that you can complain all you want doesn't make the game any different. I enjoy a Melee competition every now and then. And the tourneys I entered where very real, I didn't place first ever but third most of the time. The only thing I can compare this too is like when counter strike source came out. A lot of 1.6 players hated it. You have to be able to adapt to a new form of game play.

Not every Melee - Brawl debate is about which is a better game, and neither is this one. You're pretty much blind to what I'm actually saying and I'm sure if I explained it anymore, it wouldn't make much of a difference.

blackfox2765

Smash Rookie
Not every Melee - Brawl debate is about which is a better game, and neither is this one. You're pretty much blind to what I'm actually saying and I'm sure if I explained it anymore, it wouldn't make much of a difference.
So your automatically assuming I'm not going to understand. I'm not going to lie I didn't read all your post. I already said that I agree Melee involves more tech skill. I understand that, what I am upset about is people who said Brawl blows when it doesn't. There are a few in here who have said that. That is what I am upset about, I actually find myself agreeing with what I have read of your post

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I have a great idea!
STOP POSTING OR CLOSE THIS THREAD!
@Silent Wolf-
I agree. It is pointless.

I gave what advice I could Massive. Obviously, this failed in many ways to a lot of people. Stop wasting your time with this and start making a new, BETTER video..like I suggested a while ago.
Then make a new thread for your(Gosh let's hope)triumphant return.
Anyone with half a brain that read my post should understand to not continue this pointless bickering any longer.
I'm done.

- Kooloo-Limpah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom