• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So......Angel Island?

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that there aren't any posts that debate that The Research Facility looks suspicoiusly like Angel Island from the Sonic Series.

Think it was a coincidence or Sakurai did a little tweaking?

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Sonic was added to the game when it was almost already complete, because Sakurai was too stupid to realize how much people wanted him until it was so late. Fortunately he was got so many death threats he changed his mind. Just a shame that Sonic was given a terrible stage, a lacking moveset, and no place in the story.

So, chances of that being Angel Island = 0.5%

Nice thought though, I had the same idea for a second or three.

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
I thought sonic was voted in, but still, it's just very odd that an island would be shaped that way although sonic was added at the last minute

Ange

Smash Lord
Wasnt Sonic the cause that Brawl was once again delayed for release (In the US that is)? It was something like that.

Hmm it actually does look like it a bit. Isnt too much into Sonic so I havnt thought of it, but now that you mention it. o_o

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yes he did cause some delay somewhere, don't remember dates exactly though. Yes he was added due to some form of popular demand, I like to think it was a lot of death threats. It needs to be death threats.

Also, any island floating in the sky will look like Angel's Island, because the primary description of Angel's Island is "An island floating in the sky".

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Sonic was added at the very last minute, which is why his role was particularly small in SSE.

The Research Facility resembles Angel Island a lot and I know that was my first guess when I saw it, but it's obviously not Angel Island. There's too many things going against that argument to consider it.

Top Bottom