• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So 3 Pikmin confirmed, ordered Plucking, and Pink for recovery...

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
This is absolutely true, but at the same time, why hurt a character just so they can be played on the version of the game that people won't be playing the most.

I find that both versions of the game should've had a handful of exclusive characters, Olimar being a Wii U exclusive of course.
They want both versions the same. Olimar was my main in Brawl

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
It seems like a lot of changes were due to the 3DS, if there was just the WiiU version I could of seen Olimar having an unchanged moveset form brawl. I can see they are trying to keep him balanced out even though they had to nerf him for technical reasons.

To put it simply changes due to technical issues causes changes in gameplay/movesets.

Improved recovery is a godsend. The problem is that you now how to get rid of your pikmin to recover. Isn't that the EXACT OPPOSITE of what Sakurai was promoting in Brawl and what Pikmin is ACTUALLY about? Oh well. The only 3 is such a power nerf, but hopefully the pikmin can endure more. Only time will tell. Hopefully they'll keep my little buddy strong enough for me to main him again. Hell, i probably will anyways, i love him too much.
I look at it like this, in Pikmin if you were being attacked by a nasty creature would you throw the Pikmin you have with you and save yourself, or would hold onto them for dear life? Throwing the Pikmin sticks with the game in that sense: it's about keeping the Captain alive to fight another day. Also, I'm hoping now that there is only three of them fully grown flower Pikmin actually have a massive stat boost and pack a wallop when thrown. That way throwing them to recover is actually a big sacrifice. Do I keep these Pikmin that live longer and do a ton of damage, or do I throw them to better my chances of survival?

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I look at it like this, in Pikmin if you were being attacked by a nasty creature would you throw the Pikmin you have with you and save yourself, or would hold onto them for dear life? Throwing the Pikmin sticks with the game in that sense: it's about keeping the Captain alive to fight another day. Also, I'm hoping now that there is only three of them fully grown flower Pikmin actually have a massive stat boost and pack a wallop when thrown. That way throwing them to recover is actually a big sacrifice. Do I keep these Pikmin that live longer and do a ton of damage, or do I throw them to better my chances of survival?
I would like that. It does fit thematically.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I think Rock Pikmin should be a customizable aspect. Possibly the ability to swap Purple and Rock Pikmin, even if it's only visual difference?
with custom movesets, i dont think rock pikmin will be just a visual change

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I know everyone thought having only three pikmin at a time would be a power reduction. But from the looks of the tournament, he plays just as well as before, and having fewer pikmin didn't really seem to affect his gameplay much.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Went to Best Buy yesterday. God he feels so bad now. Hopefully better in the released version.

Last edited:

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
Well olimar can attack out of his recovery
But he goes helpless after his attack
Some of his moves were overall powered up but I think hey added lag after his smash attacks so
Now again he is vulnerable to quick aerial characters again so peach and metaknight will still counter him
I don't know about Marth since he isn't as fast anymore and can only single fair per jump

Top Bottom