• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010. *Registration CLOSED* Hype! 111 People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
As mentioned by Joe housing is solved. It is a case of people HAVING to sleep in specific bedrooms (bedrooms are good sized). A floor plan will be provided on this thread which will specifiy what bedroom you are to be housed in and whether you have a bed or floor space.

Even though the venue is very large the owners are not allowing us to sleep in the open spaces due to health & safety i.e. even though there is alot of floor space in these spaces. As such, you much be sleeping in a bedroom. Anyone that doesn't follow this rule is risking us staying there and if I find anyone sleeping elsewhere ill be taken my foot to their arse and out the door :chuckle

In terms of prices we are still arranging these. It is looking that we maybe getting the beds for a cheaper price per night and those sleeping on the floor we are negotiating between £4-£8 a night
:

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Scotland better be at this! Wales (who?) and Ireland as well (I know you has players!)!!!

Samochan

Smash Master
I'm happy with any location as long as people are not snoring loudly in the same room lol. =D

I'll prolly need to reserve a bed cause ryanair doesn't like be carrying big bags. But how are you guys gonna make sure those that buy a bed also get to sleep on the bed, what if some ******* decides "hey, no one is gonna look, I'm just gonna hop to this bed and sleep" and when beds are full and some unfortunate person is left without a bed even tho reserved, how are you gonna find this person who stole the bed? Are you gonna keep tabs on who occupies every room bed and such? People steal food and equipment in tourneys, I don't think it's farfetched to say someone won't steal (or try to) a bed as well.

Kone

Smash Master
I'm happy with any location as long as people are not snoring loudly in the same room lol. =D

I'll prolly need to reserve a bed cause ryanair doesn't like be carrying big bags. But how are you guys gonna make sure those that buy a bed also get to sleep on the bed, what if some ******* decides "hey, no one is gonna look, I'm just gonna hop to this bed and sleep" and when beds are full and some unfortunate person is left without a bed even tho reserved, how are you gonna find this person who stole the bed? Are you gonna keep tabs on who occupies every room bed and such? People steal food and equipment in tourneys, I don't think it's farfetched to say someone won't steal (or try to) a bed as well.
This is a very good point and something I have been putting alot of though into. The venue is rather unusualy laid out with very distinct/separate sleeping areas. Im going to place people into bedrooms with people from their own countries. This way, you should know each other a little bit more and be more liekly to trust each other. Also, I need to check whether there are locks on the bedrooms. People will also be able to suggest, during registration, who they would prefer to be in bedrooms with.

Also, there will always be members of staff on duties that will be contactable at any point. Someone is in your bed you will be told to contact them and they will deal with it.

Fuzzy got 2nd at TSL :)

Kone

Smash Master
Couple of updates;

1. We are able to get into the venue at 9.30 am on Tuesday. I have negotiated this dwon from 11am. We are 'meant' to be out of the venue by 7pm Thursday but I am negotiating (as in, it is likely) for this to be extended.

2. We need to be out of the bedrooms by 10am Thursday morning. Just informing people of this now so they are aware and prepared.

3.Most rooms in the house are lockable. This means we can safely lock away any possessions. Also, there are 24 single bedrooms with locks. So (for samochan) when I get the registration site up and if you paid your booking fee you could specify a single room to yourself.

4. Housing is definetly sorted. We can have all stay over night. Just now negotiating the price.

5. Armada is coming ^_^

6. I have ALREADY provisionally booked the venue for SNY2 in 2011

Tero.

Smash Champion
Kone is THE MAN at hosting tournaments, seriously I've never seen anything like this before.

Kone

Smash Master
Cheers dude =D. Im trying my best. I want this to be huge and the best ran large european tournament to date.

Going to get a large trophy sorted for interntional crews. It will become the new Jules Rimet/Webb Ellis/Stanley/Vince Lombardi/Larry O'Brien Cup of European Melee crews ;). Think Ill call it 'The Doug Cup' named after the UK's most infamous smasher, LOL.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
SNY2 GET HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i

this will be amazing and Armada confirmed now? I got dis!

Kone

Smash Master
Craiigg told me he would be able to do it and that it wouldn't be very difficult. Just waiting for it to materialise, though, there isn't any great rush.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir

Going to get a large trophy sorted for interntional crews. It will become the new Jules Rimet/Webb Ellis/Stanley/Vince Lombardi/Larry O'Brien Cup of European Melee crews ;). Think Ill call it 'The Doug Cup' named after the UK's most infamous smasher, LOL.
UK GOT DIZZ
well not rly but you know

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
The UK crew should be 3 players...

Calzum
Kmac
and...
M T R

but seriously that's really cool!

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
This is looking pretty interesting. I am interested as well. I am not sure if I could make it in the end tho.

This summer is going to be amazing.
Couldnt add me to the google map thingy. Any help here?

Kone

Smash Master
Dark - Why may you not be able to make it in the end? and you need to make a google account to edit the map. If you cant post or pm me your address and I can for you.

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Just added myself to the map, thanks. You can call me Usleon btw, nobody I know ever calls me Dark :D
My reasons for maybe not attending are mainly personal issues. I have lot of stuff to do during summer + uni exams. So I cant really confirm myself this early. I´d have to speak with some other germans too.
Thanks for the help!

Kone

Smash Master
No problem. Im not really expectign anyone to confirm themselves just yet, is is very early for that. Just making everyone aware and hyping this up. When Ryanair release cheaper flights/date starts creeping closer and we have a registration site site up things should start pikcing up :chuckle:

Tero.

Smash Champion
Ryanair flights will get cheaper instead of more expensive? I guess I'm going to wait a bit more then.

J03

Smash Master
the thing with ryanair is they only plan so far in advance with their cheaper flights. So if you want to book for the cheapest summer flights, you gotta wait a while before they actually update them and add the cheap summer flights.

Kone

Smash Master
Tero it depends. Basically, Ryanair *usually* have cheap no tax flights as advertised on their website (now) as sale tickets. However, there are restrictions i.e. tht you have to travel between a certain time. At the moment that time epriod is March-April. Come April/May it'll be June-August.

The problem with this is they only do it on certain routes and it is abit of a gamble. If you can find cheap-ish tickets now and have the money I would book to save yourself missing out. Waiting (and hoping) for the cheaper ryanair flights should only be taken by those that dont have much money. Also, coaches between airports and cities are cheaper now that they will be in the summer.

Just weigh it up. If you think its cheap now and definetly want to make it buy up. If not, wait, but you may end up paying more if you are unlucky or missing out :urg::psycho:

craiigg

Smash Lord
yo ed sorry dude but im mad too busy atm, only thing i can think of for a replacement if using tsl5's system isn't possible is an online event site but i dont know about fees for online payment besides using paypal

IVP

Smash Ace
i might come if enough people (including my brother ajp) from sweden will attend. otherwise i will probably see yall at ros5

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Definitely attending this :) first tourney ever too ^.^ advice?
That's great to hear! Where are you from though, and if you're in England then I recommend attending Smash GT2 on March 27/28th! Here's a link to the thread; http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261354

For advice I'd just say learn the basics such as L cancelling, Wavedashing etc and get consistent with it. Not the best advice as I'm not a great Melee player by any means, but I'm sure someone else is willing to help you!
i might come if enough people (including my brother ajp) from sweden will attend. otherwise i will probably see yall at ros5
Hope the Swedish come in full force, would be awesome meeting you all! :)

Kone

Smash Master
Im glad to see that you are interested. Armada and Aniolas have alrady said tehy will be making this tournament and I expect with how cheap flying to london is alot more swedes will come.

I'm really interested in this !
Kone, here I come ! :)
Yeay JD =D so glad you posted! would be awesome to see you again. Make sure you drag along other frenchies.

Im interested. I would have to go from London to Birmingham by train, any idea how much that would cost, approximately?
I will look into train prices for you but trains aren't that cheap in the uk. However, you can get really really cheap coach tickets rom london to birmingham and I expect alot of people will be doing this. You could also look into, when ryanair start posting cheap summer flights, flying into dublin then dublin to birmingham, This may turn out to be as cheap and quicker than going into london. Either way you can get from london cheaply!:lick:

Yeah washington :) bus to newcastle + megabus = cheap :)
Alreet connor. Sorry or not texting you back the other day I have let my mobile in Birmingham like a douche. Will text you from a different phone so you got a contact number for me for this weekend. Anyway, you can get megabus from sunderland to london for cheap and national express do cheap funfares aswell. If I were you Id get myself down to smashGT to start getting an idea of the community and start practicing. Shame I cant go to it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom