• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's worst matchups.

Okesoke

Smash Apprentice
All the great snakes i saw @ MM didn't camp but F TILTED!!! and mortar walked practically, and all the campy ones kinda sucked. Cort's Snake kicked my Luigi's *** kinda hardcore :/

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Me I am a good snake. Ask colorado.

ROB and Pika are Snakes hardest mus.

Nava

Smash Journeyman
I have some trouble with Falco.

Chaingrab 0-40, with a possible spike at the end if you don't DI correctly.
Jab to Shine/FSmash.
Can take out proximity mines with shine.
Laser spam forces you to jump or crouch, limiting approaches. Snake's aerials are too laggy to be used for approaches, and dtilt is predictable since you're crouching and you're obviously setting up for it. Basically have to jump near him, then ftilt/utilt/grab/etc.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662

Jab to Shine/FSmash.
Laser spam forces you to jump or crouch, limiting approaches. Snake's aerials are too laggy to be used for approaches, and dtilt is predictable since you're crouching and you're obviously setting up for it. Basically have to jump near him, then ftilt/utilt/grab/etc.
Don't forget you can mortar slide (non-contact) straight out of prone position. Also, if you double jump your nair and fast fall it you can auto cancel it. Still, Falco is a tough matchup.

Statistics

Smash Cadet

Jab to Shine/FSmash.
pull out a nade after a grab. He can't get more than two throws in a row this way. If he d-throws you again, you'll both eat the 'nade and you can try to add pressure.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
I really have only had trouble with Wolf. I hate his lasers and smashes.

ZSnake

Smash Cadet
The only opponent i'm having trouble with is Falco, He can chaingrab you all the way to the end of the stage and then spike you to your death, Does anyone know a way to counter this???? I'm having troble finding this out lolz.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
<--- wolf main. Wolf does not counter snake, at all. Half of wolf's move snake can get hit by and ftilt in response before wolf finishes end lag. You can ftilt cancel any of wolf's non laser attacks and land a follow-up ftilt before wolf recovers, from any of wolf's moves. Laser isn't that hard to get around if you throw grenades such that if I shoot it blows up grenade, lets u get in close. Once ur in close just ftilt wolf to death. Then u can utilt wolf to death at like 90%, wolf has short jumps so you can recover way above the stage with cypher and be nearly safe from any attack.

Learn to cancel wolf's attacks with ftilts and use running shields etc to approach and you'll win the majority of times.

OmgItsWill

Smash Cadet
MK is hardest for me. He absolutely slaughters Snake in the air, and to make matters worse, his stupid shuttle loop is the perfect KO move against Snake. That and his dash attack/ dash grab speed is ridiculous. Tornado's annoying too =/

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, seriously. And I'm the type of that guy that just masters ONE thing or in this char ONE char. So no counterpicking for me >_>;

ih0tfirei

Smash Rookie
can someone help me deal with kirby. he is the hardest for me to deal with. him along with king dedede.
what are some good tactics for them

parisite

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna go with R.O.B because my friend is just as good as me but once I'm off stage and under the ledge its a automatic spike and it gets a little fustrating when I'm at like 50%

Top Bottom