• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's Playstyle: Linky's?

Danteh

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm planning to main Snake once it finally goes out in Europe, and I was wondering what kind of playstyle I can expect.
One of my mains in Melee was Link, I just loved all those boomerang-bomb-bomb-little bit of sword here mix. Is Snake similar? (meaning, for example: you throw a grenade here and there, plant a mine, and grab them just in time to make them eat that mine, finally smashing them close-combat to death.)
Or perhaphs is more like Samus? Well, give your opinion of which is more similar :p

PD: I heard it's very fun to play, is it?

Thx!

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
I think Snake is like Link. It takes time to do sequences with both of their items. But, it is more satisfying to do it with Snake in my opinion.

It's especially exciting to get the person in the way of all of your explosions. I love seeing my friend's jaw drop when they get hit by everything. :chuckle:

Also, yes, it is a pretty fun game. Hard to get used too though.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
You have the general idea but it's easier said than done against experienced players vs Snake nowadays.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
yeah, he's pretty Linky, except his close combat doesn't blow. Grenades+ tilts = your bffls (hahaha yeah i just said bffls)

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I used to main Link in Melee, but now I am all-Snake, all-the-time. I definitely think they are similar, but their "cage" is different. The "cage" is how I think of the range of projectiles. For Link, it is in front of him as all his projectiles (bow, arrow) are only effective on opponents in front of Link. Bombs are a little more tricky since they can be thrown over obstacles and such.

For Snake, his cage is all around him. Planting mines and C4 are stationary, but can damage opponents while you do other things. Grenades are pretty much like bombs and the Nikita can be aimed wherever you like. His game is based around mindgames, edge guarding, and brute force.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Yeah, he does kind of remind me of Link, in that he requires serious timing in his attacks, and he has great range.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Yeah I played Link in Melee and I'm starting to use Snake.
I played Brawl Link.. and he's terrible. Snake is just better lol

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
snake is a much better verson of link. lol but links still pretty good so....

its just things that make snake too good are just.. too good O_______o

Killress

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm planning to main Snake once it finally goes out in Europe, and I was wondering what kind of playstyle I can expect.
One of my mains in Melee was Link, I just loved all those boomerang-bomb-bomb-little bit of sword here mix. Is Snake similar? (meaning, for example: you throw a grenade here and there, plant a mine, and grab them just in time to make them eat that mine, finally smashing them close-combat to death.)
Or perhaphs is more like Samus? Well, give your opinion of which is more similar :p

PD: I heard it's very fun to play, is it?

Thx!
Well. He's mindgame based, i s'pose, like Link. His C4, mines , grenades and mortar help you get where you want your opponent. But, his aerial game sucks.

Top Bottom