• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's C4 cancel

Staco

Smash Champion
I thought this was known already for a long time.
It´s pretty useful to recover and to switch directions close over the ground with no lag, ending up behind the opponent (if he shields, expecting a bair).

Fork

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't it be more effective to just fall through the platform?
It's 90% Flashy 10% Useful, I get it right about the same as I get Marth's DSC to work. Maybe if someone can actually implement it in-game it would be cool to see :p

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Without the fastfall before the C4 you get a b-reversal that is about BF platforms length.
But with the fastfall its pretty fast.
I already known for very long of course, as its just normal gameplay LOL
But maybe snakes should start to use this more, you be handy.
Especially since flashy stuff can mind**** people pretty good and quick.
Just think you getting grabbed like the lucas in the vid, I for a few seconds you would just think "WTF man" xD
Will try to implement it into my gameplay :x
As I normally also just drop through them most of the time :s

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
You have 3 frames to b-reverse.

So just do Nade, Nikita or C4, and press to the other side within 3 frames.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
So if you breverse you'll just move in the opposite direction without pulling out an explosive?
Not quite. If you C4 from a certain height while fast falling Snake with either go through the beginning of his C4 animation then land with no noise or he'll go through the beginning of his C4 animation and make the planting sound and land without actually planting his C4. This should be possible on all stages.

Edit: On Halberd you get a pretty decent slide when you do it due to the slope right below the platform.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Ff wavebounce c4 cancel is an amazing way to land.

Even without the cancel it's still good if you drop it.

No lag and you weave away from things.

Wish I could do it consistently.

:phone:

Top Bottom