• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake vs. Toon Link

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I never said the grab was easy to get. *shrugs*

Powershield the projectile spam, watch out for zair, remember if he airdodges he still can zair (I sometimes forget.. haha), know the length of his sword.

Don't get dsmash gimped -_- I still see this way to often.. stay in the center til you get hit to like 10%..

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
No I'm just saying that in previous posts there's like "oh grab is going to be easy", so I wanted to clarify that TL can play a very frustrating keep away game that is likely to only land you a grab by either:
-him making a mistake
-reading him near the ledge or something similar

trickyghost

Smash Cadet
This match up is really annoying for Snake, you have to pretty much constantly adapt to changing situations (when is a good to go aggressive or stay camping) because TL has a great camping ability like snake. It's not worth just littering the stage with nades, TL can just detonate them with his bombs or even better, his boomerang. I mostly stick to just cooking them and trying to get the time perfect so they explode on contact. The rest of the time is spent tech chasing and keeping pressure on TL before he can get away and use his projectiles to screw you over. It's a really close match up between the two because both characters have to keep moving and pressuring the other. 55:45 Snake I guess would be the best bet. Someone also mentioned prone to approach, for me it hasn't worked well with the boomerang, but it was useful if the TL was spamming arrows :D

Top Bottom