• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake vs samus- samus matchup listing

ADHD

Smash Hero
I need to prove that this matchup is in snake's favor.

This is what I notice.

Samus cannot kill snake until 150 and usually only by a charge shot because its very hard to approach him.

Samus' ground game sucks againsts snakes.

Spamming missles doesn't work for long.

Samus is floaty and gets killed by snake at around 150ish.

Anything wrong or should be added to this?

Samus does have the ability to stop him from mortar sliding but spiking him is out of the question against a smart snake. Otherwise you have to be extremely patient and kill him with a dtil or utilt at a high percent. This guy is very difficult to kill.

YellowSnowDemon

Smash Rookie
Snake isn't hard to approach as Samus. Samus should be zairing everything Snake throws at her, and killing him with dair.

I think the match is about even, though.

Phazonin

Smash Cadet
It's definitely in Snake's favor. Zair doesn't work for long, and you have to be EXTREMELY persistent with it for any effect, which is difficult. Snake never dies, his recovery is incredible, his jabs and kicks outrange her's, etc. It's rather frustrating when you get killed at 100 damage with Snake's up tilt, and he doesn't die until 150%+.

-Ran

Smash Master
Pretty easy to prove it to be in Snake's Favor.

1. Snake's Jab cancels all Missile attacks from Samus. Samus MUST approach Snake.
2. Samus kills Snake at 150% if she's lucky enough to land one of her laggy/predictable Smashes.
3. Snake kills Samus at 110% with a Utilt, and that's not counting the other kill moves.
4. This means Samus needs to do 120% more damage to Snake over the course of a match to keep him in a killable area.
5. Samus has laggy throws, Snake has a tech chase throw, and very little lag when missing a throw.
6. Samus takes -forever- to get back from getting knocked of the stage. This gives Snake plenty of time to set up stage control.

I've never had a problem vs Samus. It's always been pretty one sided.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
Samus is floaty and gets killed by snake at around 150ish.
more like at 100. the main reason I see why snake has such an upper hand in this matchup is 2 reason
1)even though samus has a great long range game with her missiles, they become inferior if the snake player knows how to control the stage (c4) and use grenades smartly.
2) Samus has one of the hardest times killing her opponent, even if its a very light character. It doesn't really help that Snake is the HEAVIEST player in the game and that Samus has one of the worst killing abilities.

-Ran

Smash Master
Snake isn't the heaviest. He's the third heaviest, but has the best weight to hitbox ratio in the game. <3

Top Bottom