• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake vs. Diddy Kong

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
its even.

keeping bananas away from him is better than trying to use them against him.

once you've got him in the air, keep him there.

aggressively guard the ledge.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
its even.

keeping bananas away from him is better than trying to use them against him.
I disagree with this if your item control is better than the Diddys using the bananas against him is a plus for you and you should be using them to your advantage not keeping them away from him.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Diddy is naturally better with bananas than Snake though, so chances are you're going to want to just get rid of them or move them out of Diddy's way. Diddy gets pretty beat up by Snake without bananas.

Attila_

BRoomer
bizkit hit the nail on the head.

diddy's dash attack is only -5, making it amazing for picking up bananas. his aerial game is also amazing, so he can grab them that way also. this means he can also use them in the air, and use aerials to grab them, we cant. and its also pretty rare that we'll be able to follow up with anything other than a dash attack, because of our poor mobility, while diddy can combo into pretty much anything he wants.

ive played the mu heaps and consider myself quite good with bananas, but snake is crap with them.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
personally I favor using bananas as a way to edge gaurd, but not actually keep them for myself when we're level on the field.

don't we have an infinite on diddy with a banana?

Attila_

BRoomer
that infinite... its too hard. i spent about 30 hours trying to master it, and never did more than 5 cycles (about 40% worth).

even then, getting a footstool on diddy while holding a banana is hella difficult anyway.

diddy's infinite on the other hand, is apparently quite easy, and has set ups out of banana throw.

hmmm...

Attila_

BRoomer
The more I play this mu, the more useful I find nades to be.

Not in the traditional sense, but in the sense that they force Diddy to approach without a proper setup.

At close range Diddy wins, thanks to plenty of frame safe shield options and the ability to literally punish every attack on shield.

This how it seems at the moment anyway.

It is also super important to take the first stock, cause the other player won't be getting a kill for a very long time if defensive play ensues.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I have to agree with the statement that Snake should be playing Keep-away as opposed to using them offensively. Snake has no real follow ups from Naners aside from tilts. They are nice but they're nothing compared to the onslaught Diddy can bring. If I ever get a hold of a Banana, its going behind me guarded by a C4, up in the air, or off the stage if I think I can force Diddy to pull one while he's in close/mid range. Diddy is actually most vulnerable while he is pulling a Banana or while he off the stage. On the ground its actually really hard to get a hold of Diddy if he's stationary.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I think throwing the bananas high up in the air helps, as diddy cant get new ones then, and he has to wait for them to come down :O
I do this a lot, since throwing them off stage will just make him get out new ones =_=
When you have time to **** him, when there are no naners, you can mix-up grab/filts. Works pretty good IMO vs. Diddy.
And watch out for side-b, such a stupud broken move <_<"
Thats all that comes to my mind, but theorycrafting only, I dont truely now any useful tips in this MU, sry :x

Top Bottom