• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake vs. A Tornado Spamming Metaknight

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I know that grenades stop the tornado, but usually that just makes things end up worse, because half the time the grenade will hit both of you. I've tried Tilts and the sometimes work (but hardly ever). And thats not the only bad thing, tornados can be followed up with lightening-fast smashes, or even another tornado. Rolling/Side stepping doesn't do much either, because the metaknight player could just chase after it. Seeing a tornado coming could be so easy to predict in some situations and I just have no way of stopping it. All thats been working is sheilding it (which ends up getting dsmashed after trying to get out) and grenades, which do help a little bit, but only get me to even higher precents then i would be if i didn't use the grenade at all.

I get the feeling that the amount of Metaknight players are only getting higher, and I want to have more counters for some of the things I could be seeing in some of them for any tournaments I may attend in the future.

Help plz.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
The grenade technique will work if you just shield or dodge right afterwards.

1. Pull out grenade and shield drop it. But, keep the shield up when the MK is approaching.

2. Shield drop a grenade, jump in the air, and press Z. It will drop right on top of the MK.

3. Shield drop a grenade, Jump and press shield away from the tornado, and throw. Jumping and shielding will make you do a spot on air dodge which could give you some space to dispose of the grenade.

4. If you know the MK is going to use it, I would suggest you turn around and bair by sliding from the jump button to A while having a backwards momentum.

5. If you think you have a lot of time before the MK hits you, you can get the Nair ready and attempt to hit the MK with the last kick.

6. Use Usmash frequently against the MK. It stops a lot of MK's attacks which includes the tornado, I think.

7. Try crawling? :laugh: I dunno.

I'm not sure if these will work. But, just try them out.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but thats only if he lands within grab-range, because if your not and you go for a grab, you get dsmashed/another tornado.

I've done a little bit of testing and a retreating back air stops the tornado, although i haven't used it in a match, so I don't know. I'm sure there are better options.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Haha, just get your side step dodging ready for the Dsmash's I guess. But, I'm glad that the indirect attacks break the tornado. I would just practice those. Because, there isn't much else you can do to stop it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Grenade to bair.
Grenade to Uair.
Also, why the **** do you care if you get hit by the grenade, because he does too. And he is much lighter then you so he loses, you don't.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
whenever i play a MK, I constantly shield drop grenades and roll away. after they get hit by the zillionth one, they try to adapt by not spamming, which they are generally unfamiliar with, thus, i wreck them

napZzz

Smash Hero
uhh yeah shield drop your nades like everyone else is saying. Correct me if I'm wrong but does your utilt stop it with the right timing?

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm pretty sure U-tilt does get through at the right timing. But it doesn't always work.

Anyways, I'll try out some new things, filling the stage up with grenades might be a good idea.

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
Grenade is what I depend on when they use tornado. Also if they are EXTREMELY predictable. As in they use it somewhat far away and approach you with a tornado, fsmash =D

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I play against one last tourney i went to, all i did was drop a lot of grenades, planted mines every time i could also C4, and when his tornado stop in front of me i just down grab them and chase them around they're easy to tech chase

SAID!

Smash Rookie
time an utilt as he approaches since that moves hit box is pretty far in front of snake as well as above him not to mention huge priority. TBH most of snakes moves have more priority than nado.

ElectroBlooper

Smash Cadet
Follow the advice here, but keep in mind that if both you and MK take the damage from every grenade, that will work in your favor more than in his because MK dies much earlier than Snake, especially against a heavy hitter like Snake.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
Say I somehow got caught inside a tornado during a match. Would it be best for me to try and DI out of it, or would it be best for me to just mash the B button?

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
The higher up you are, the more you should DI and airdoge rather than use the grenades. Because, if you both get hit in the air with grenades, he can use UpB and kill you easily. You just need to judge for yourself whether to use grenades or not.

Venom NY

Smash Lord
The grenade technique will work if you just shield or dodge right afterwards.

1. Pull out grenade and shield drop it. But, keep the shield up when the MK is approaching.

2. Shield drop a grenade, jump in the air, and press Z. It will drop right on top of the MK.

3. Shield drop a grenade, Jump and press shield away from the tornado, and throw. Jumping and shielding will make you do a spot on air dodge which could give you some space to dispose of the grenade.

4. If you know the MK is going to use it, I would suggest you turn around and bair by sliding from the jump button to A while having a backwards momentum.

5. If you think you have a lot of time before the MK hits you, you can get the Nair ready and attempt to hit the MK with the last kick.

6. Use Usmash frequently against the MK. It stops a lot of MK's attacks which includes the tornado, I think.

7. Try crawling? :laugh: I dunno.

I'm not sure if these will work. But, just try them out.
very nice man im defiently gonna use this for me =]

Top Bottom