• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Mention in the Nintendo Direct "What Do You Think It Means?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Snake being third-party DLC certainly isn't out of the question. I actually half expect 2 at most currently un repped third parties having DLC characters. Snake would be the perfect candidate for one of them. Kojima even pretty much told Sakurai that he has the OK to use Snake too.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai KI bias?
Have you even played Uprising

90% of gameplay is dialogue

I'm literally so sick of people calling out Sakurai's bias just because "oh Kid Icarus content must be bias!" when heavy dialogue in a certain stage makes 100% sense. Those who have played Uprising seen this coming.

Last edited:

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
He should have said "like Fox's smash taunt." Now they got everyone thinking :snake: is a special unlockable character like Mewtwo just because he mentioned Snake in a video about SSB4.

Last edited:

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Just what I've come to expect from Jawmuncher, and snake fans in general nothing, but straw grasping at its' finest this is the same guy that was convinced Nintendo was holding snake back from the 3ds version. just so they could release him for the wii u version, and maintain hype for the game.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
@Vaidya
Just what I've come to expect from Jawmuncher, and snake fans in general nothing, but straw grasping at its' finest this is the same guy that was convinced Nintendo was holding snake back from the 3ds version. just so they could release him for the wii u version, and maintain hype for the game.
Stay Classy man.
Like everything else when it comes to unconfirmed characters in smash it's all theories.
Also can't call me out on that when that was the thought for a lot of people when they didn't see certain characters in the 3DS version. Don't understand why this thread is so hostile over what some people are thinking.

It's not like I came in here and went "GUYS SNAKE WAS MENTIONED 100% CONFIRMED, ALSO I HATE YOU ALL"

I even mentioned in the first post that while it's not likely it's still something perhaps worth discussing.
Thus why I asked what other's thought of it.
But you and others are too busy throwing up "Grasping at Straws" that basic reading is just too much to handle. You don't have to like snake and his fans. But I don't see the point in being mean to them since they will exist. You would have a case if he had never been in a smash game, and we were being a community annoyance with it. Which is far from the fact since Snake talk is basically kept to only the snake thread.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I hate that Snake fans are perfectly okay to crap on in the Smash community.
How are we straw grasping for Snake being DLC? He was a playable character in a Smash game before unlike a lot of the other DLC characters people are asking for, Smash fans act like we are just asking for him out of the blue.
Nothing is stopping Snake from being in the new Smash Bros game (at least not that we know of), he is a perfectly viable choice as DLC.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
@Vaidya

Also can't call me out on that when that was the thought for a lot of people when they didn't see certain characters in the 3DS version. Don't understand why this thread is so hostile over what some people are thinking.
It's not like I came in here and went "GUYS SNAKE WAS MENTIONED 100% CONFIRMED, ALSO I HATE YOU ALL"
The full roster had been leaked and you still kept spouting that nonsense with your only basis being Sakurai and Kojima are trolls therefore it could happen. While you may not have said snake was 100% CONFIRMED it is what you guys are implying snake fans are basically saying this OMG SNAKE WAS MENTIONED BY NINTENDO IT HAS TO MEAN SOMETHING RIGHT?

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
The full roster had been leaked and you still kept spouting that nonsense with your only basis being Sakurai and Kojima are trolls therefore it could happen. While you may not have said snake was 100% CONFIRMED it is what you guys are implying snake fans are basically saying this OMG SNAKE WAS MENTIONED BY NINTENDO IT HAS TO MEAN SOMETHING RIGHT?
Why yes, yes it has. Was Mewtwo on that leaked roster?

All the OP is saying is that he was mentioned in the official Smash Bros Wii U direct and asking people what they think of it. No need to be rude.

This is the exact hostility against Snake fans I'm talking about.

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
Umm, what they said in the direct is exactly what they meant. Don't pull another ridley from the last direct. I don't understand why people are over analyzing SIMPLE quotes.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Anything can happen in the world of smash.
Everyone thought Mewtwo was out and then we got the direct.
At the end of the day it probably does mean nothing. But for discussions it gives us something to talk about.
As seen in the ridley threads people can piece a lot of stuff together that seems perfect even if its all false.
Honestly if you ask me the theories the fanbase comes up with is part of the fun.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I do miss Snake, though rest in peace.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Yes, go ahead and ignore the dozens of other fanbases who did the exact same thing, but call us out on it. How exactly are we implying it? If anything the hope that snake will return is primarily based on the fact that there will be dlc, this mention is just a little icing on the cake. This could mean something, or it couldn't. It's a pleasant surprise indeed to see them mention snake, and all Jawmuncher asked were some views on it. All he mostly got were people telling him he was grasping at straws and throwing insults at him.

Why do you have to be so rude towards us and only us? What did we do to you? Why does us supporting a character get your jimmies rustled to the point where you start directing rude behavior towards us? You can play devil's advocate, but at the very least you could do it respectfully. I mean, you don't see any of us go in the Layton thread(which is a character you support), and start being rude to you.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Snake would be too much work for Sakurai and Namco. There's a reason why Mewtwo is taking so long to develop. Not only do they have to make the character, they have to worry about making the custom moves, fitting that character into modes like All-Star, and even having to record banter between Pit, Palutena, and Viridi.

They could easily reuse Snake's codecs from Brawl in Smash 4, but there's the problem of making new ones. David Hayter isn't a part of the series anymore and Takeshi Aono (Roy Cambell's Japanese voice actor) died back in 2012. They could rerecord lines for the codecs, but Kiefer Sutherland is expensive from what I've heard. I think bringing back Snake seems more of a hassle than it's really worth for Nintendo. I have doubts Sakurai will contact Konami again, but it'd be much easier to go with characters like Simon Belmont or Bomberman for Smash this time around. Might be smarter for Nintendo to just make DLC out of characters they own.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Yes, go ahead and ignore the dozens of other fanbases who did the exact same thing, but call us out on it.

Why do you have to be so rude towards us and only us? What did we do to you? Why does us supporting a character get your jimmies rustled to the point where you start directing rude behavior towards us? You can play devil's advocate, but at the very least you could do it respectfully. I mean, you don't see any of us go in the Layton thread(which is a character you support), and start being rude to you.
Which fanbases are those huh you probably can't even name one good job on you for playing the victim card tell me in what part of my post was I being rude. Was it the part in which I called the snake fanbase nothing but straw graspers because after months of debating you guys that is what I have concluded.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Which fanbases are those huh you probably can't even name one
Those fan base debate every single Hint they could found :

-Ridley Fanbase ( Now hope for DLC orther M design )

-Mewtwo Fanbase ( remember me how it´s end ? )

-Wolf Fanbase ( Hope DLC )

I'm not from any Of those fanbase and YES you was pretty rude

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Which fanbases are those huh you probably can't even name one good job on you for playing the victim card tell me in what part of my post was I being rude. Was it the part in which I called the snake fanbase nothing but straw graspers because after months of debating you guys that is what I have concluded.
How about the dozens of times you went around calling snake fans ignorant? And Generalizing on us? Calling us all straw graspers is pretty much generalizing us. Who gave you the right to do that? There is also a certain tone in your posts that don't come of very friendly.

Ridley,Mewtwo, and other fanbases have done it before. And I'm not going to insult them for it. If anything a very well crafted theory is pretty fun to discuss, and people from those fanbases have crafted some really interesting theories.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
How about the dozens of times you went around calling snake fans ignorant? And Generalizing on us? Calling us all straw graspers is pretty much generalizing us. Who gave you the right to do that? There is also a certain tone in your posts that don't come of very friendly.

/quote]

No one gave me any right is called an opinion If I believe snake fans are ignorant then so be it that is my own opinion tell why are you so hung up on one man's opinion or are you snake fans that sensitive

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
No one gave me any right is called an opinion If I believe snake fans are ignorant then so be it that is my own opinion tell why are you so hung up on one man's opinion or are you snake fans that sensitive
Time to learn how to write a message my boy .

Well you can have an opinion . But comming in a specific character possible hint débate and Call them "ignorant" It's purely for taunt . Just insulting and stupid , who are you for comming here and try to crash everybody dream and Hope about thème favorite character ?

You think they stupide and ignorant ? Remind me Nintendofag who was saying Sonic Will Nevers be in Smash before his annoncement in Brawl .or if he Will came back in sm4sh "BECAYSE MEGAMAN , ALLREADY 3RD PARTY SORRY SEGAFAG"

Or Those stupid guys with them "tears" Joke about Mewtwo and saying " LEL FINAL ROSTER ! NO MEW2 FOR YOU HAHA !! THERE WILL BE NO DLC BECAUSE SAMURAI SAY SAME ROSTER "
We All know how it's ended

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm not really hung over your opinion, I'm just sticking up for my friends and myself. There isn't anything wrong with that, is there?
I know it sounds cheesy, but that's what it is.

Also, for the record, you really don't have the right to call someone ignorant when you can't even use proper punctuation. If English isn't your first language, then I apologize.

Last edited:

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
I'm not really hung over your opinion, I'm just sticking up for my friends and myself. There isn't anything wrong with that, is there?
I know it sounds cheesy, but that's what it is.

Also, for the record, you really don't have the right to call someone ignorant when you can't even use proper punctuation. If english isn't your first language, then I apologize.
That is fine you are entitled to do what you want and your second point is even funnier to me considering you're lecturing me on English the guy who constantly makes spelling errors in his posts is lecturing me hilarious.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
That is fine you are entitled to do what you want and your second point is even funnier to me considering you're lecturing me on English the guy who constantly makes spelling errors in his posts is lecturing me hilarious.
Ever heard of a typo? And did I make one in my previous post? I don't "constantly" make them. The number of times I've made a typo is far, far less than the number of times you forget to include a coma,period, apostrophe, etc.

If I had a nickel for every time you made a punctuation error, I could buy Konami.

You are being rude, but not only that, you aren't even making a good argument. The first part of your sentence in general, is very off putting, as if you are trying to beat someone to the punch, and you're speaking like you're having an in person conversation? Lol, I digress.

Second, you are just throwing out terms you don't fully understand instead of just speaking in laymen's terms. If you are trying to imply something, say it. Again, I digress.

But you don't need to talk **** to people who support a certain character, and to go out of your way and tell people that they should feel the same way you do and dismissing them as some sort of a bitter player is pretty ****ed up. If you're happy with the game, why do you need to insult people?

Sounds like you need to take your own advice.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
what is a period how do they work in any language please help i'm new to period

i think it makes most sense to release the "classic" third-parties first than to add Snake in there to begin with so it is highly possible he'll come in a "badass" pack with wolf while Lucas returns with Mewtwo in a "tele" pack type thing wishful thinking but possible what is a period

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Fun fact -Wolf was considered as a Fox clone in Melee but Sakurai opted for Falco considering Falco was more visually diverse with Wolf (at the time) looking like a Fox recolour.
This is why Wolf must come back as DLC. Otherwise his exclusion is unjustified even more, and Dark Pit's inclusion is unjustified alot more.

what is a period how do they work in any language please help i'm new to period

i think it makes most sense to release the "classic" third-parties first than to add Snake in there to begin with so it is highly possible he'll come in a "badass" pack with wolf while Lucas returns with Mewtwo in a "tele" pack type thing wishful thinking but possible what is a period
Lol right homeboy wanna talk about spelling be everything is saying is just organized word vomit.

I'm down for a bad ass pack. Snake would look amazing in this game no lie, especially if he looks close to how some of his action figures are with his wild hair and long bandana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom