• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake is broken on platform levels?

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Yes, I'm not the best, but I don't suck.

I just played a ridiculous match vs a snake on Battlefield. Grenade spam, a dash attack that crosses the level and immediately covers all the air above him, a dash attack that hits you into mines on platforms, and an utilt that out prioritizes anything coming down from above a platform.

How do you fight that? All what it was was me (Pikachu) running around getting owned by a grenade here or a mine there. All what he did was dash -> usmash back and forth and throw in a few ftilts.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
A good Pikachu is actually a bad matchup for Snake (well, for a couple of us, anyways). But let's go:

1) Spam thunderjolt (B). Snake has a hard time getting around that.
2) You're small. It's much harder to get you with nair than other characters.

And that's all I have for now. Just keep playing, and you'll figure out what to do.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
A good Pikachu is actually a bad matchup for Snake (well, for a couple of us, anyways). But let's go:

1) Spam thunderjolt (B). Snake has a hard time getting around that.
2) You're small. It's much harder to get you with nair than other characters.

And that's all I have for now. Just keep playing, and you'll figure out what to do.
Nair? lol, my friend only used nair once. Other than that it was just grenade spam and dash->usmash spam back and forth across Battlefield.

The only thing I can think of is to grab his nades and pressure him back. Though I tried that and he just rushed me with a dash attack->usmash >_>

sweetooth

Smash Ace
counter-pick a stage that gives you the advantage or makes the match more favorable. i do do very well on platformed stages with snake though

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Stay at the edge, jump, thunderjolt, and Snake can't approach. If you stay in the air and move in and out, he'll have a difficult time hitting you. If he throws grenades, thunderjolt cancels it. If he lays a mine, thunderjolt blows it up. If he's got C4, camp with thunderjolt until it's gone. If he fires a Nikita, use quick attack to get next to him and dsmash.

On the recovery, grab the cypher if he's close and use thunder if he goes over the stage.

At least that's what beat me.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Stay at the edge, jump, thunderjolt, and Snake can't approach. If you stay in the air and move in and out, he'll have a difficult time hitting you. If he throws grenades, thunderjolt cancels it. If he lays a mine, thunderjolt blows it up. If he's got C4, camp with thunderjolt until it's gone. If he fires a Nikita, use quick attack to get next to him and dsmash.

On the recovery, grab the cypher if he's close and use thunder if he goes over the stage.

At least that's what beat me.

So, thunderjolt spam like Falco laser spam in melee? lol. My friend only really places the mines on the platforms, and if I full jump to thunderjolt them, he does his DLX cancel thingy which either hits me if I fall down or hits me if I try to go over. After he's done that he'll plant C4 on the platform again and I DI to the other side. If I try to DI over the edge, he just bair's or utilt's me.

And you can grab the cypher? Like an item? Spiffy. The quick attack to avoid the nikita is genius though, I'll have to give that a shot.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Honestly in my oppinion battlefield is the best for snake for all the reasons Jazriel mentions plus if you full hop Nair someone you can hit people on the platform or below it and you wont land on the plantforms so you'll get all your kicks out

The platforms are the perfect height for your attacks to go though plus any explosives on the mid platforms will hit tall characters if they're under them

ALSO if you're on the mid platforms and you perform a Fsmash it can hit taller characters that are under it.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Just going to bring this back up for a second, but I'm guessing I should just ban Battlefield vs Snake? I've gotten a bit smoother with Pika and one of the things that really threw me off was the 1/4 second delay. Not enough to affect most gameplay, but enough to throw off all my grabs, so it was even harder for me to stay around him.

Anyone have more advice or info on Snake on platform levels or fighting Snake as Pika?

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
if you want the advantage get under him, he can't do much

and if your tournament has legit rules they wont let you ban neutral stages like battlefield

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Snake is broken in every level, just battlefield more. ^_^

Anywho, psycho's right. Stay under pika, choose platform level and throw out utilts.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Honestly in my oppinion battlefield is the best for snake for all the reasons Jazriel mentions plus if you full hop Nair someone you can hit people on the platform or below it and you wont land on the plantforms so you'll get all your kicks out
Yea, dear god I love Battlefield and on some occasions Smashville just for the platform. You gotta keep Snake on the bottom though, If he's on the platforms he's a walking target. Also, his Utilt or shorthopped Uair are great KO moves if your opponent hesitates.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Yeah I found out a while ago that battlefield was definitely my trump card/counterpick. My buddies just haven't realized it yet ;) Uptilt/Upsmash through the platforms, and if they're coming on the sides of the two lower ones, downtilt. I racked up so much damage on my friend's Pit this way, and he was having trouble getting at me trying to be aggressive. :p

Hax

Smash Champion
yep, battlefield is definitely my best stage. nair is perfect on it, you can drop a c4 on the floor perfectly when falling thru platforms, up-b slides up the edge (you dont get caught under it like on FD). all great. i think FD is his worst stage just cuz he's good with platforms.

Top Bottom