• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake is a CLONE!?

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Don't kid. The MGS series is a must-play for anyone who even considers themselves a gamer. It's one of the best of all time, and to not play it, is an injustice to Kojima. And it's not nerd-knowledge, it's basic. Nerd-knowledge would be a long the lines of knowing what that last chunk of dialog from MGS2 means.

courte

Smash Lord
pwnage on epic

i also feel bad for those who didn't play Metal Gear Solid AWESOME AWESOMES Twin Snakes

Snowman9666

Smash Cadet
i dont get it, is it just to see how angry and annoyed people get when ur obvouisly joking?

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
That's what Liquid thought but it's actually reverse. Solid was the garbage clone while Liquid was the superior one.
Ugh, I hate it when people make this mistake. Snake has dominant genes, Liquid has recessive. Liquid's genes turn out to be better than Snake's. That's all there is to it.

Also, this topic rocks and OMG A SURVEILLANCE CAMERA?!

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I hate it when people make this mistake. Snake has dominant genes, Liquid has recessive. Liquid's genes turn out to be better than Snake's. That's all there is to it.

You sure about this? In MGS1 they make a remark about liquid saying something similiar to "He still thinks he has the recessive genes?".. This implies liquid really got the dominant genes and only thinks otherwise.

Though now that we've seen Big Boss we can see that Snake does have the dominant genes... I don't think that was the original intent in the first game though

Also..

Solid Snake: I'll only accept orders directly from you, Colonel. No cutoffs involved, okay?
Roy Campbell: Agreed. That's why I was called. But one thing...
Solid Snake: What?
Roy Campbell: I'm not a Colonel anymore, just a retired old warhorse.
Solid Snake: I understand... Colonel.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
*faceplam*

OK, dominance and recessiveness of genes do not determine their superiority. And how can you say Liquid doesn't have the recessive genes when he freakin' has blond hair? Liquid was given the recessive genes, which happened to be good. Snake got the dominant genes, which weren't as good.

Seriously, take a biology class in high school. It works wonders for getting rid of Kojima's ignorance of genetics.

cynar

Smash Apprentice
*faceplam*

OK, dominance and recessiveness of genes do not determine their superiority. And how can you say Liquid doesn't have the recessive genes when he freakin' has blond hair? Liquid was given the recessive genes, which happened to be good. Snake got the dominant genes, which weren't as good.

Seriously, take a biology class in high school. It works wonders for getting rid of Kojima's ignorance of genetics.
psst, Metal Gear is just a video game and isn't real.

You didn't see the proper ending then with Ocelot talking about it. I made no mistake unlike yourself but at least it gives you a chance to go and replay one of the best games ever made. :chuckle:

You sure about this? In MGS1 they make a remark about liquid saying something similiar to "He still thinks he has the recessive genes?".. This implies liquid really got the dominant genes and only thinks otherwise.

Though now that we've seen Big Boss we can see that Snake does have the dominant genes... I don't think that was the original intent in the first game though
The whole point Kojima was trying to make with the recessive/dominant genes and other mentions of DNA throughout the twin snakes is that just because you have something written into your DNA doesn't mean you should be resigned to your fate.

ie. Otacon pledging to stop nuclear weapons even though his history is involved in making them
Solid Snake having the recessive genes yet overcoming the dominant genes of his brothers

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
psst, Metal Gear is just a video game and isn't real.

You didn't see the proper ending then with Ocelot talking about it. I made no mistake unlike yourself but at least it gives you a chance to go and replay one of the best games ever made. :chuckle:

The whole point Kojima was trying to make with the recessive/dominant genes and other mentions of DNA throughout the twin snakes is that just because you have something written into your DNA doesn't mean you should be resigned to your fate.

ie. Otacon pledging to stop nuclear weapons even though his history is involved in making them
Solid Snake having the recessive genes yet overcoming the dominant genes of his brothers
...Are you even in high school yet, or did you just sleep through biology class all year? Ugh, I didn't want to do this, as I already have to post the same thing all the time at gamefaqs, but here goes:

There's a difference between dominant and recessive genes. The main, and pretty much only difference, is that dominant genes are always going to be expressed in an individual if the gene is there. And example is, lo and behold, BROWN HAIR. If a person has the gene for brown hair and blond hair, the brown hair will be expressed, because brown hair is a dominant trait. Likewise, if a person had the gene for blond hair, and lacked the corresponding dominant gene for a particular trait, the blond hair will show up. So, in a nutshell, recessive genes are the backseat genes; they are no better/worse than dominant genes, only the particular gene matters. If someone has a dominant gene for a particular trait, even if they got another, more awesome gene for that trait, if that gene is recessive, the dominant one will be expressed. The dominant genes are always expressed if they are there. That's how it works.

Now, onto Liquid Snake and Solid Snake. Snake got all the dominant genes, as represented through his brown hair (Snake is a natural brunette, that's canon). Liquid has all the recessive genes of Big Boss, as represented through his blond hair. Now, this does not mean that Snake lucked out against Liquid, as we were told the whole game. In fact, Liquid's recessive genes just so happened to be the better genes or Big Boss. Snake's dominant genes were not as good as Liquids. It's as simple as that. The whole theme of the game was how Liquid had better genes than Snake, how Liquid thought that his genes sucked, and Snake still beat him. Genes do not determine a person's fate, as evidence by Liquid being killed due to "following his genes," while Snake lived his life the way he wanted to. Snake, the inferior clone, beat the superior clone, thus stating that a person controls their fate. Not their genes.

Ugh, God, I hate having to go through all that. And if you're still not convinced, look it up. I really shouldn't have to do this, but with people always trying to get their information from video games, there will always be someone who forgets to learn from the real world.

P.S: Ending phone call had Ocelot talking about how Liquid was the superior one after all. This is Kojima trying to cover his tracks about how he goofed up earlier in the game. Still, the damage has been done, and we know he originally had no idea of how genetics worked before MGS1, at least.

cynar

Smash Apprentice
...Are you even in high school yet, or did you just sleep through biology class all year? Ugh, I didn't want to do this, as I already have to post the same thing all the time at gamefaqs, but here goes:

blah blah blah no one cares
You obviously didn't understand my point, it's a video game. I was trying to explain it in relation to the video game and how the game explains it, not the real world. Snake hides in a box, it's not realistic. Do you possess poor reading comprehension perhaps due to not graduating highschool or something? Again, it's a video game, don't take it seriously. (Since you seem to like to flame) :)

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
No, it's just that people not understanding that tidbit about MGS is a large pet peeve of mine. Sorry. Didn't mean to be offensive. I just put up with it so often, it drives me a little bit insane every time I see it.

No hard feelings man.

Also, hiding in a cardboard box is a really cool thing to do. It's worked for me a couple of times.

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
He's A captain falcon clone! everyones a captain falcon clone omg!

Crom

Smash Journeyman
No, it's just that people not understanding that tidbit about MGS is a large pet peeve of mine. Sorry. Didn't mean to be offensive. I just put up with it so often, it drives me a little bit insane every time I see it.

No hard feelings man.

Also, hiding in a cardboard box is a really cool thing to do. It's worked for me a couple of times.
Not understanding MGS? When I originally brought it up it was in the context of the game, not real life.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
*high fives everyone who:
A: figured out the joke on their own
B: didn't ruin it*

*slaps everyone who:
A: ruined the joke
B: got angry*

But Snake lived in the end. Maybe having great genes isn't so good after all...

How about:
Naomi: Well, if you come back in one piece, maybe I'll let you do a strip search on me.
Solid Snake: I'll hold you to that, doctor.
or:
Liquid Snake: Did you like my sunglasses?

Diggerzz

Smash Cadet
LOL good one x D took me a few seconds to get it though ...first thought its some n00b again x D

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
If only naked snake was a playable character.. Then snake being a clone would have a double meaning :)

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
smash bros 4 is supposed to have star wars crossover, you can be snake still, but at the same time, you can be an army of clone troopers...with heavy laser blasters and plate armor.

So, would you rather be snake...the army of one?

or the clone trooper army...the army that took over the galaxy...
just think olimer/ice climbers only 1,000,012 troops at once.

Top Bottom