• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Date: Double Tuesday

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
This update was so awesome, I can't even express everything that made me happy. In game footage, comedy, possible intros returning, awesome stage, more moves, this update had it all and more.

FutureBrawlOwner1413

Smash Apprentice
Did anybody else catch the quick shot of the baseball bat and Mr. Saturn? Guess that means there in. First post here!
That was comfirmered in the konomi tgs booth from a screen shot from the same sceen it looks like we finnaly got that movie. also mabye we will get "(Character Name) Joins the Brawl" uptades for all the newcomers now *cough* Diddy *cough*.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Those people playing Mario and Snake looked perfessional, but I could be wrong. o_o.
You are. Those players were bad, but that update was funny with the whole Mario and Snake fighting each other and the other videos, too. Oh, and this update makes me want to tear Snake players to shreds with Mario because of what happened to Mario.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Awesome update! The stage looks great, the gameplay looks amazing... the sound sounds great...

EDIT: Cna the box be used as an item? I heard the sound effect when you pick up and item from Smash 64 when Mario picked up the box.)

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
this was an amazing update the conversations were prety funny to and they get me even more excited about brawl ! SNAKE: "samus took her clothes off!" .. "maybe if i take of all my gear i could catch her.."
hahahahahaha

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
I love how they kept the MGS humor as if it was just like playing the actual MGS games. It makes the jokes that much more funnier, I lol'ed the hardest at the Yoshi comments though. XD

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Yea, once those videos went up everyone was on that website's balls like none other. I got the 3 snake movies to work, but the first one showing actual game footage was stalled. I had to try for like half an hour to get it to work.

I guess people are still trying to access it with all the people saying they can't stream it. Now you know this game is going to be badass.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i was able to look at the japanese movies too. i heard earlier from someone that the grunts were from the japanese actor and the cutscenes were David Hayter. well, whoever thought that...you're WRONG!

although watching the japenese vids were pretty hillarious. they put so much emphasis in their dialouge. i still like David Hayter's voice more, though

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
You are. Those players were bad, but that update was funny with the whole Mario and Snake fighting each other and the other videos, too. Oh, and this update makes me want to tear Snake players to shreds with Mario because of what happened to Mario.
Meh... The point of the video wasn't to show their skills.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
What did he say?

In the Japaneses version of the "Roast Yoshi" video, Otacon said a lot more than in the English version, can we get that translated?

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Let me give my guesson on other characters:

Snake: What the heck is that? A puffball with a sword?
Colonel: That's Meta Knight. he's Kirby's rival and he wields a magic sword.
Snake: What's so magic about it?
Colonel: It shoots tornadoes.
Snake: .... Crap...

Snake: What's a kid doing here?!
Colonel: That's Lucas. He has psychic powers and is very deceiving in appearance.
Snake: Right. What exactly CAN he do?
Colonel: Kick your *** if you're not careful.

I got nothing else, that's all I can think of for now.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm still stoked about this update

Stage with walls? WIN
Humorous character-specific back-and-forths with Snake? WIN
4 videos? WIN

All of this in ONE update? Priceless, but for everything else there is master card to help purchase your copy of Brawl

Fixed.

This Update is awesome

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Colonel gives Snake info about Zelda

Snake: Colonel, whos' the Elf Chick??
Colonel: Thats Zelda, Snake. Princess of The Kingdom of Hyrule
Snake: A Princess??? Then most likely she wont be any threat....
Colonel: actually Snake....she's been known to help a certain Hylian Knight defeat a Dark King by using magic..
Snake: so whats she gonna do...pull a quarter out of my ear??
Colonel: that would be funny if it were true...No She's more likely able to Burn you, Electrocute you, levitate you, Transformation (this is if Sheik is confirmed ppl!!!!) and Teleportation ...
Snake: All that?!?!?
Colonel: Oh and a spell that protects her from nearly all projectile attacks and reflect them back at the user while damaging her enemies with crystals at the same time...so be careful when using missles
Snake: ................................
Colonel: Snake??
Snake......y-yeah...I-I Got it.....................

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Know what I just realized from watching the AWESOME new Snake trailer for the millionth time today just now?

Look at the short snippet just before the Super Smash Bros. Brawl logo flashes. That isn't a edited animation, it's the second half of Snake's dSmash. Now, without a doubt, I know Snake will have a SUPER disjointed hitbox now. Basically, it's another way for this guy to have another special move! Sure it's awesome, but... unfairness much? And it looks like Snake's Box acts like an item. But I don't see how it could be so heavy that Mario needs to bend his knees to hold and throw it.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Do a barrel roll?
FOX! GET THIS GUY OFF-A ME!
THIS BABY CAN TAKE TEMPERATURES UP TO 9000 DEGREES!
IT'S TOO HOT! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!
NO MERCY!

I'M HUNGRY!
THERE'S SOMETHING NEAR!
LOOK AT THIS!
I'M NOT DOING IT!
WAIT UP, FOX!

HEY!
LISTEN!
LOOK!
WATCH OUT!

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
FOX! GET THIS GUY OFF-A ME!
THIS BABY CAN TAKE TEMPERATURES UP TO 9000 DEGREES!
IT'S TOO HOT! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!
NO MERCY!

I'M HUNGRY!
THERE'S SOMETHING NEAR!
LOOK AT THIS!
I'M NOT DOING IT!
WAIT UP, FOX!

HEY!
LISTEN!
LOOK!
WATCH OUT!
All right well th first 4 were from Star Fox.... the Last 4 were from Navi the fairy in TLoZ: OoT

but the second 4.....no idea what game there from XDDD

EDIT: oh well i guess thee seocnd 4 was from SF as well.....wait does that mean all the quotes u just posted were from Star fox????

Puffs

Smash Ace
All right well th first 4 were from Star Fox.... the Last 4 were from Navi the fairy in TLoZ: OoT

but the second 4.....no idea what game there from XDDD

EDIT: oh well i guess thee seocnd 4 was from SF as well.....wait does that mean all the quotes u just posted were from Star fox????
First set of quotes were from Slippy Toad in both Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Assault.

Second set were from Tricky in Star Fox Adventures.

Third set were from Navi in Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
The videos were not working for me in the morning, and the rest of the day I was away so I couldn't comment, but what can I say that hasn't already been said? Just WOW. Gameplay video=WIN, Shadow Moses looks like a kickass stage, and I'm really liking what Snake brings to the table. I'm not very familiar with MGS, so from his special moves update a while ago I'd thought he would be a very slow, kind of awkward character, but he seems to have some awesome moves overall.

And the Codecs. Oh-so EPIC. XDDD I wonder exactly how they will work out, though. It says they pop out on the stage...

No matter what we get for the rest of the week, just because of yesterday's and today's updates, it would still count as an amazing week. ^_^

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
What's the deal with the wierd red little pop when he grabs Mario.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Know what I just realized from watching the AWESOME new Snake trailer for the millionth time today just now?

Look at the short snippet just before the Super Smash Bros. Brawl logo flashes. That isn't a edited animation, it's the second half of Snake's dSmash. Now, without a doubt, I know Snake will have a SUPER disjointed hitbox now. Basically, it's another way for this guy to have another special move! Sure it's awesome, but... unfairness much? And it looks like Snake's Box acts like an item. But I don't see how it could be so heavy that Mario needs to bend his knees to hold and throw it.
You mean that half second when Snake... blows something up in front of him?

clowsui

Smash Legend
attn: this post runs off the assumption of di= yes and l-cancel = yes (it's there in the vid, when snake does that ultra quick nair somewhere, i forget)

i'm gonna guess that the sleeper hold is snake's special neutral grab; that is, instead of having just the standard hold + punch/kick/knee/whatever snake will be able to spam a to put people to sleep.

bthrow looks amazing. if snake has a good bair (why not? his fair, which is a clone of falcon's ssbm fair and nair, which is a sex kick already are proven to be pretty good based on previous experience), that automatically makes snake a killer on three platform + flat center (e.g. FD-esque or battlefield) because no matter where you DI snake can set up for a bthrow-bair combo; possibly bthrow-dair combo.

@whoever that was asking about those caps!words: last four were Navi's, from OoT

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
You mean that half second when Snake... blows something up in front of him?
I think its a two part V-Smash, Snake plants the bomb, then you press V-Smash again and he detonates it. Thus, you need skill to use it (no auto detonate), and you can only plant one.

Also;
Snake: Otacon, what is Sonic doing here? I thought this was for Nintendo characters only?
Otacon: It was, but Nintendo made special admissions for you and Sonic to be here. Also, watch out for his Spin Attack Snake, Its like being hit by a bowling ball moving at 700mph.
Snake: Its nothing a good Land Mine can't handle.

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
I was too lazy to search but...

anyone notice this?

At about 1 minute 6 seconds I saw this.
So Wario can also absorb Snake's grenades in addition to items?

Check the Dojo, that's his grenade alright

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Yep, bunch of people noticed that Wario ate the grenade. If he took any damage, it's unknown, but who knows what else he can eat.

Top Bottom