• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake clan?

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Let it be so. ;)

Most other character sections have a "loyalty fan club" sort of thing going on.

I'm not exactly sure why, but I think its better if one for Snake is not made.

Snake asks nothing of others, asks loyalty from no one, and if anything values individualism.

I do however think that in the future (when we have the game) pro-Snake members and Snake mains, should make a thread for setting up Snake vs. Snake matches, with the intention of helping one another's game.

Edit: Disregard OP

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I've never played a Metal Gear but plan to main Snake out of sheer explosive fun.
I might buy the PSP Metal Gears just to get some back story behind him.

LUwEEdGI

Smash Rookie
i am probably going to main snake and i like concept behind your idea.... but i think it will put us snake players at a disadvantage if we dont share our strategies and ideas.

Kruton

Smash Ace
I've never played a Metal Gear but plan to main Snake out of sheer explosive fun.
I might buy the PSP Metal Gears just to get some back story behind him.

Yeah, like Wind Owl said, Twin Snakes will definitely open you up to the Solid Snake character more than any other game. The Portable Ops games revolves around 'Naked Snake', which isn't necessarily the Snake in Smash (although it's debatable).

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
If you want to be real hardcore buy the original MGS for the playstation

If you can handle those graphics now you're a true Snake fan haha

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
If you want to be real hardcore buy the original MGS for the playstation

If you can handle those graphics now you're a true Snake fan haha
I think the question is not being able to handle the graphics, but actually finding a copy since no one sells PS games anymore.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I think the question is not being able to handle the graphics, but actually finding a copy since no one sells PS games anymore.
A true Snake fan would know that MGS: The Essential Collection is coming in March wich has Substance, Subsistence, and the original PS1 version of MGS.

Anyway, back on topic. A Mirror Match thread or a VR Training thread would be a great way to help others. :chuckle:

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I don't even really care/agree with my own thread, so meh if I created a P A R A D OX. lol

If a club/clan is made, then we all have to refer to each other by our 'Metal Gear names'. :chuckle:

-You can call me Contagious Raven. ;)

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
sorry to break it to you, but Snake isn't "real"

I don't think he cares what we do
Which is why a couple posts up, I said that I didn't agree / care for my own thread.

People sometimes post silly things when they are sleep deprived, wasn't even taking that seriously while I was typing it. :bee:

Sorry for the spam thread. lol

Hutsetsugen!

Smash Apprentice
SNAAAYYYKE?!

I plan on maining Snake myself and the occasional Snake V Snake against other mains is an excellent idea.

And Outer Haven it is.
You can call me Gigantic Beaver.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
SNAAAYYYKE?!

I plan on maining Snake myself and the occasional Snake V Snake against other mains is an excellent idea.

And Outer Haven it is.
You can call me Gigantic Beaver.
Okay Gigantic Beaver! I like the name Outer Heaven/Haven, but are we sure we don't want to use The Sons of Liberty, The Cobras, Foxhound, or something else?

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I think Psycho Midge should have the say in this matter. He is one of the leading snake players atm.

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
How about this
We also start a ranking thing for Snake mainers
The top guy gets to use the name "SOLID" in wifi
high placers get to use the codename "FOX" or perhaps "BOSS"
It'll be just like the ranking in the games

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
How about this
We also start a ranking thing for Snake mainers
The top guy gets to use the name "SOLID" in wifi
high placers get to use the codename "FOX" or perhaps "BOSS"
It'll be just like the ranking in the games
Meh, we don't need some elitist system of ranks. The best players will be identified as the best anyways.

saud

Smash Lord
Elderly Python

Not bad :)

Yes, us Snake players will need this to help each other out improve :D

At the moment, Snake is just one of my secondary characters that I love messing around with in 3-4 player matches, his mines, the range of his charged up smash, and the nikita gave us many many laughs :D

Would love to improve with him in order to main him :D

Anti-

Smash Rookie
Bubblicious Poodle.... thats just not fair....
MGS3 names would be much cooler, you could classify how people play using the different names (i.e. Agressive players = the Fury, Projectile users = The End, Trap spammers = The Fear)
Anyways, it would be awesome to be able to play against other Snake mains, share techniques and what not.

link2213

Smash Cadet
A snake clan would be awesome. I would love to set up 1v1 snake matches. My vote for clan name goes to Cobra Unit. MGS3 was too good. I even named my pokemon team after the Cobras. As for my randomly generated name....Grandmaster Raven.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
If I put in my real name, I get Holy Hawk.

If I put in my Forum name( first name Sir, last name Bedevere) I get Infamous Dung-Beetle.

I CAN'T DECIDE.

ZeronX

Smash Cadet
Wow count me in!! This would be so awesome!! Guess I'd better get that go**** tricky wi-fi USB adapter thing for my Wii working... -_-

Please, call me Carnivorous Bullfrog

:)

Damax

Smash Lord
Wow count me in!! This would be so awesome!! Guess I'd better get that go**** tricky wi-fi USB adapter thing for my Wii working... -_-

Please, call me Carnivorous Bullfrog

:)
Get yourself a Lan adapter from nintendo. (don't buy the one you see at eb games or futureshop what so ever) Wifi USB adapter is.... slower than the wired lan adapter.

I'm just saying, will we see some snake clan rising? I'm really looking forward to it, even if he'll only be my secondary

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
If I put in my real name, I get Holy Hawk.

If I put in my Forum name( first name Sir, last name Bedevere) I get Infamous Dung-Beetle.

I CAN'T DECIDE.
I like Infamous Dung-Beetle.

And hey yo, apparently no one wants to make the clan thread including myself, so I don't know when this clan is going to be born if ever. lol

-Contagious Raven

Top Bottom