• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 10 (9/09) - Character's Serenade

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
We got a lot of character updates this week and the biggest music update of them all! Show Me Your News! is hitting double digits with its longest podcast yet!

F.L.U.D.D., Pokémon Stadium 2, and My Music are discussed in addition to a Brawl Viewpoint on the Subspace Emissary! Plus, “Who’s In” reviews the heavy-hitters still to come!

Sariku

Smash Master
I REALLY enjoyed this Episode Youko.

The Rundown was amazing, you covered EVERYTHING that anyone could think off PLUS Some. Flawless.

Who's In was the best episode yet, though I remember Wolf Killed SOMEONE related to Fox... his brother maybe?

Brawl Viewpoint? It was alright, didn't "light my fancy" so say, but it was nice. We need more recorded Brawl Viewpoints. -points at BlackAdder-

The easter egg was amazing. Though I'd still like to hear more Confirmed Music samples, OR a complete Original Symphony. It can have a.... Yoshi theme so say, but you MAKE UP all the notes and such. That would be awesome.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Or, you know, it's embedded in the blog post itself if you go to http://www.smashbrawl.com

But yes, if you're looking at this from the Smashboards, it's a sticky in General Brawl Discussion.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Nice post. You're doing a good service to the people Youko.

However there is something I have to say about the Who's in part. I understand Sariku Uchiha is doing the column in his free time and he's doing it for the prople but I believe if he's going to do the article than he needs to put more time into the section besides picking characters from the character support threads and copying an article from it. Take this as more supportive criticizism than anything.

The Krystal/ Wolf article was completely wrong and lacked any substantial research besides the fact that it was an overused subject.

Krystal and Wolf have the same priority in that are the same amount of games (Wolf came in during Starfox 64 but was absent from Starfox advenures when Krystal was introduced)

Krystal has more plotwise because for one Wolf was only a hired mercenary (he never killed anyone that we're aware of). So he's just a dark Fox that hates fox for unknown reason. Krystal is Fox's growing love interest and becomes a central part multiple games and has more history than wolf.

She is however a better choice for techniques. The rest of the info was overused info from the smashboards added with fan hype. That might be nice but since only smash boards viewers and smash blog users listen to this, It comes out bad.

Again please take no offense, just please do more research and preparation for next, Who's In.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
sry...but these pod casts are so superflous and annoying

just write an article...

it feels SO forced...instead of someone just talking about smash in a genuine way...

i think perhaps instead of an annoucement kind of format....you could have someone else with you yooko and just have a conversation

it;d be much more interesting to listen to

cause the way it is now ...it just sounds silly

or try sounding less BIG and mighty....

anyways yeh

love the articles on this site...am hating the pod casts

good content...bad presentation

--

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
I loaded up to 23 minutes of the podcast, but my evil Dialup connection had a buffer error and I have to start all over.

I enjoyed the podcast muchly. Even though it was a recap, it's fun to hear the oppinions and ideas of people in audio format instead of just reading it.

I'm a big Earthbound fan and I know that Sariku doesn't know a lot about the world of EB but I wanted to correct him. First, it's not Earthbound 3 that was cancelled, it was Earthbound 64, which really is Earthbound 2. So...

Mother = Earthbound Zero (Was translated, but never released in America)
Mother 2 = Earthbound (Was released in America)
Mother 3 = Earthbound 2 (Not released in America [yet?].)

Second... I highly disagree with Ness using a yo-yo, baseball bat, or sling shot as his theme for movesets; let alone as his final smash. Instead, he should use PK Rockin'. PKR is a basically like PK Flash is in Melee, but much has the potential to be much more deadly and would be able to cover the entire field. I don't know why PK Flash deals damage in Melee though. PKF only gave enemies status effects in Earthbound.

Still, it's understandable that someone doesn't understand something without experiencing.

Again, great podcast. It's fun to listen to over the weekend.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Still, it's understandable that someone doesn't understand something without experiencing.

Again, great podcast. It's fun to listen to over the weekend.
But you see that's the thing, if your going to do a podcast like this the caster has to do a little research before just blabbing on things that are already on the boards. It's understandable to make an error or two but The whole Who's In column is just errors and fan boy jestures. I understand that part of this podcast is to show the average man's opinion but if it's just that then let other people be a part of Who's In.

With Sariku making weekly appearances he should offer something other boardsmean cannot, Like Youko is.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Can u please give me the mp3 to it???
I agree. Youko can you post an mp3 of it for download?

Anyways, I loved this weeks podcast, and I loved how it was insanely long <3. Youko covered all the updates and possibilities and viewpoints of each. He even added some of his own ideas and suggestions on things like My Music, and Pokemon Stadium 2.

The Brawl Viewpoint didn't really interest me, considering it didn't bring anything new to the table. Well, Youko DOES already tell us everything we already know in the Rundown, but he adds his ideas to it as well. Unlike the Rundown, the BV just seemed like a waste of time to me.

Sariku, I know you're giving it your all and trying your best, but I agree that you should do much more research for your part. I mean, I loved it anyways and I clinged to every word in anticipation of your "Who's In" judgement, but I agree it was from a Fanboy's perspective, and there was little research involved.

All in all, I give this episode an 8/10 or so.

-Youko for win.

Top Bottom