• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Smooth Lander and Heavy Gravity (SLHG)

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
By the way, I'm pretty positive that +speed affects the Floatiness of floaties, by making them fall slower.

I tested Jiggs on +31 and she was significantly floatier in that build, compared to +22 speed.
Palutena gets pretty messed up too.
+speed also increases a characters fall speed too. Which also means we'll have even more trouble killing without moon launcher. I really like the added run speed and mobility, but we don't wanna go overboard.
I'm confused. Is fall speed increasing or decreasing here? I don't think it can be both.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I'm confused. Is fall speed increasing or decreasing here? I don't think it can be both.
"Increases walking, dashing, air speed, jump height, and fast-falling speed, but does not alter passive falling speed." - http://www.ssbwiki.com/Equipment

Okay, so it increases fast fall speed but not normal fall speed, my mistake.

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
So Jiggs is definitely floatier with higher speed, although I don't know why.

She can now (31+ speed) Double N-air from a short -hop, when she couldnt even do that with a full hop in the original SLAJ build. This would also explain why Palutena is drastically floatier when comparing SLHG and SLAJ; it's because SLHG originally had low speed stats.

Compare for yourself, 31 speed feels way slower in the air for Jiggs, Palutena, Rosalina etc.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
So Jiggs is definitely floatier with higher speed, although I don't know why.

She can now (31+ speed) Double N-air from a short -hop, when she couldnt even do that with a full hop in the original SLAJ build. This would also explain why Palutena is drastically floatier when comparing SLHG and SLAJ; it's because SLHG originally had low speed stats.

Compare for yourself, 31 speed feels way slower in the air for Jiggs, Palutena, Rosalina etc.
It must be the higher jumps and the same fall speed so they would hit the ground slower.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
Art you tried to sneak this by me you playing with my boy Ganon now xD
Nice game dude I love how fast Ganon can move now thanks to smooth lander plus the extra speed boost he seems a whole lot stronger due to those additions wish I could play SLAJ d**n
Lol, dude Ganon is one of my most played characters in SLAJ. He can actually get guaranteed stuff off his down-air now. And followups off down-throw. You have to be really good with your tech chases and reads, but when you do you get a lot of damage in a few hits.

Also that up-tilt. Sickest read of my life.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
Sorry for the double post but I have an announcement.
SAHunterMech SAHunterMech , I believe we have come to a consensus with the official build.

Smooth Lander, Anchor Jump, Generic badge for stat balancing.
0/0/+22 speed. Everyone enjoyed the added speed it gave us, and no hassle or argument with keeping it that way.

Thank you so much for all you've done for us by the way. This should be the final hoorah.

Just remember to name the sets "SLAJ", and have all characters set to default colour. (R.O.B.'s is grey. I made the mistake of setting him to Famicom before)

Last edited:

{C]rown

Smash Rookie
NNID
PJSALTY
Um excuse me but what exactly is the Generic Badge? Is it an actual badge or do you mean just some random badge?

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
Um excuse me but what exactly is the Generic Badge? Is it an actual badge or do you mean just some random badge?
A basic brawn, protection, or agility badge that will help balance the stats out. It won't have any affect on it.

Last edited:

BlueFury

Smash Cadet
hmm so the hard breaker didn't really help out that much like I thought it would, well that's cool glad to see that the build is set in stone.

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
Can someone send me their pre-hard braker save? I don't think my janky custom sets should be in the official build.

Last edited:

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
Why dont you just use the original SLAJ package save? Just remove the Moon Launcher effect...

Last edited:

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
Yeah, as soon as you post the build Ill import it.

Then we can organize another complete SLAJ package.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Sad that the new package isn't quite complete yet. Our weekly coming up tomorrow is having voted for brackets and it might actually be SLHG this time.

Do you guys feel the previous build posted on page 38 is alright to use? Or should I find a generic badge and replace the moon launcher and try to keep the stats the same? If I have to, I'll just run it with HG instead of the new AJ build.

EDIT: Actually, if I use Method 3, couldn't I just modify the badge myself and it would be good to go? We aren't going online with it so I don't have to worry about that atm right since it'll work just fine locally?

EDIT 2: Ah, so there might be a small problem of not wanting to port the sets to the Wii U if they're flagged as illegal huh. Do we know the values the badges need to be set to so they don't get flagged?

Last edited:

ZADD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zaddthemadd
SAHunterMech SAHunterMech Just want to clarify is a 0/0/+22 speed build possibly legit with a generic badge?

When i tried to edit it I got the equipment, but it wouldnt let me transfer over to a Wii U. I suppose i probably messed up somewhere, but I wasn't using my own computer so I was somewhat rushed.

Last edited:

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
Okay, original SLAJ save is also giving me trouble, don't know why. I'm just going to have to use my own save, I guess. I also ran into huge issues with trying to make a non-effect badge, so I resorted to making a Super Final Smasher badge instead, since it has similar stats to Moon Launcher. Unfortunately, speed has to be at 23, instead of 22, but hopefully that's a non-issue.

Attachments

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
IMPORTANT

If you haven't installed the save file yet, DO NOT update your 3DS. It blocks both menuhax and browserhax.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
idk if the newest firmware blocks the browser of older ones, but if it does we can't spread SLAJ anymore without making people pay money

rip l0l

Not_Indigo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Same as username
idk if the newest firmware blocks the browser of older ones, but if it does we can't spread SLAJ anymore without making people pay money

rip l0l
If you set your system date to January 1, 2000 and initialize the browser data, you can use the QR code on 10.5.0-30. I was able to get it done last night, so as long as you don't have the most recent update, it's still possible to set SLAJ up through browserhax.

Bombar

Smash Rookie
yeah I updated my 3ds today and found out about this hours later I'm not too happy. But if I had to pay for all the dlc again it's bodied anyway

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Question about SLAJ: Is it possible to just unlock the required badges manually on 3DS or does it have to be through the starting kit?

biribiri

Smash Cadet
Same boat here; updated 3DS but discovered this SLAJ thing here just now. I was running a version of it already (0/0/0 with just the effects by using a PowerSave) but it'd be nice to transfer SLAJ to my Wii U.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
It's technically possible to unlock the badges manually, but since you would have to rely on Smash 4's awful random drop system...it'd be practically impossible to get the exact set we're using.

Until another homebrew exploit comes along or you get access to a 3DS that has homebrew on it, the only other possible way to get these sets would be to copy the save file over using 3DS Powersaves. I've ordered one myself that I'll be using to test SLAJ with once it arrives, but it'll set you back around $20-30. However, it does have the benefit of not requiring homebrew, and could be used with other games such as Pokemon.

So you're pretty much out of luck unless you're willing to spend money or have a buddy who keeps up with homebrew.

biribiri

Smash Cadet
It's technically possible to unlock the badges manually, but since you would have to rely on Smash 4's awful random drop system...it'd be practically impossible to get the exact set we're using.

Until another homebrew exploit comes along or you get access to a 3DS that has homebrew on it, the only other possible way to get these sets would be to copy the save file over using 3DS Powersaves. I've ordered one myself that I'll be using to test SLAJ with once it arrives, but it'll set you back around $20-30. However, it does have the benefit of not requiring homebrew, and could be used with other games such as Pokemon.

So you're pretty much out of luck unless you're willing to spend money or have a buddy who keeps up with homebrew.
I have a PowerSave, is there a SLAJ save to copy over to?

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
So I have just tried it...the power saves file is different from the save data provided by homebrew. I was able to successfully install hacked files by homebrew, and then back up that file using powersaves, but I couldn't transfer it to another Smash cart.

Basically, the file backed up by powersaves is for your cart and your cart ONLY. And as you can't make custom codes through power saves (because that would be a useful feature), there's nothing we can do unless we can convince Datel to add the SLAJ equipment as a specific set of codes.

I will continue doing google fu to see if there's another way, but for now it looks like the powersaves route is a dead end. :(

EDIT: I don't think it'll go anywhere, but if they see there's a lot of demand for this we might be able to get them to make the codes.

https://powersaves3ds.maximummemory.com/coderequest/

It does require you to have the device (supposedly), but I asked them for a code that generates this equipment with compatibility for online play:

Smooth Lander Brawn Badge, 6 Attack, -22 Defense, 0 Speed
Anchor Jump Agility Badge, -6 Attack, 0 Defense, 50 Speed
Super Final Smasher Protection Badge, 0 Attack, 22 Defense, -27 Speed

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Oh, then use these:

Smooth Lander Brawn Badge, 6 Attack, -22 Defense, 0 Speed, Range 13
Anchor Jump Agility Badge, -6 Attack, 0 Defense, 50 Speed, Range 5
Super Final Smasher Protection Badge, 0 Attack, 22 Defense, -27 Speed, Range 9

Sm4sh Pit

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sm4shPit
I finally got the equipment for SLAJ thanks to the starter kit! Now I'm having trouble transferring my custom characters to the Wii U. I'm sure there's been discussion on this, could anyone help me out?

Last edited:

{C]rown

Smash Rookie
NNID
PJSALTY
Just connect the 3DS and Wii U through Smash and then on the Wii U pad select 3DS on the Connection screen and it gives you the option to transfer customs

Sm4sh Pit

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sm4shPit
Just connect the 3DS and Wii U through Smash and then on the Wii U pad select 3DS on the Connection screen and it gives you the option to transfer customs
I should've been more specific and I sort of found out the problem

I was trying to make 3 smoothlander badges that balance out to 0 but I don't think the game accepted the stats I put. I also tried to make a set with 1 SL, 1 AJ, and 1 tough edge badge. Any idea on what stats I could use for this and have +22 speed?

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I should've been more specific and I sort of found out the problem

I was trying to make 3 smoothlander badges that balance out to 0 but I don't think the game accepted the stats I put. I also tried to make a set with 1 SL, 1 AJ, and 1 tough edge badge. Any idea on what stats I could use for this and have +22 speed?
Impossible I'm afraid. You have to follow very specific guidelines for equipment so they are recognized as legitimate, and allowed to be transferred over. Thats why we went with Super final smasher, a skill you're never gonna use unless you're playing with items.

That's how we got 0/0/+23

Sm4sh Pit

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sm4shPit
Impossible I'm afraid. You have to follow very specific guidelines for equipment so they are recognized as legitimate, and allowed to be transferred over. Thats why we went with Super final smasher, a skill you're never gonna use unless you're playing with items.

That's how we got 0/0/+23
Is it really impossible? What are the guidelines?

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
Just to clarify, do you want to transfer over the official SLAJ set at all, or just your custom sets? For the latter, I can show you the guidelines for making transfer-legal sets, it's not too difficult. There's no guarantee though, that you'll get the stat numbers you want, but usually if I can't get exact, I can get pretty close.

Sm4sh Pit

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sm4shPit
Just to clarify, do you want to transfer over the official SLAJ set at all, or just your custom sets? For the latter, I can show you the guidelines for making transfer-legal sets, it's not too difficult. There's no guarantee though, that you'll get the stat numbers you want, but usually if I can't get exact, I can get pretty close.
Custom. I have the official SLAJ set but I wanted to try some experimenting on my own. The first set is just 3 SL badges with 0 0 0 stats. The second is 1 SL, 1 AJ and 1 Tough Edge badge equaling to 0atk 0def 20-25spd

Top Bottom