• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smoke ball

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I'm thinking you could use the different colors and the ability to walk around with them to design some really nice works of art :)

Frogla

Smash Ace
I thought Japan learned there lesson with "Electric Soldier Porygon". Oh well more nerdy kids getting flash sezures.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Wait just a thought since this item gives neither player an advantage wouldnt it be legal in tournament play.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Wait just a thought since this item gives neither player an advantage wouldnt it be legal in tournament play.
Nah, people would turn it off anyway just because it's an item. Besides, you can throw it at people :p

Plus, lag is bad for you.

SWORDMASTER66

Smash Cadet
I like this item, it is one of those items that you can just fool around with, which is what I do in a match with items on, fool around. I'm going to try writing my tag SM66 with it.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
Smoke Ball's and bombs on very high equals amazing fun. Think about a stage covered in smoke and you'll have no idea where the bombs are. Also I can charge Samus' laser in the smoke. I'm most excited about carrying the ball around the stage covering it in smoke.

Sugoi

Smash Apprentice
It could be an item that has the same effect as Togepis nightshade from Melee mabe...

Edit: I'm a Smash Journeyman now, interesting.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I like items like this and the Pit Fall because they don't heal nor hurt. Tactical aspect and functions always make combat more interesting and require more thought. Could just be me, but I like this update. Obviously just stading still in the smoke won't help with concealing your image, but it can help make things more difficult to predict. (Which can end up working against the player who dropped it.)
I totally agree with this. I hate healing items, and damaging items always just seem like an extra way to attack, which we don't really need. Items that are fully strategic are my favorite too. Lets all prey for more!

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
The more interesting items IMO are the ones that allow you to control space with. This opens up opportunities for combination attacks.

ATs, Pokeballs, the Bumper.

Items that give secondary effects are also good on a tactical standpoint. But be sure to make the effect good enough so that the item doesn't become obsolete.

Smoke Ball is kinda meh... hiding the whole screen with a Nintendog is much more cooler IMO.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
IMO, it looks like a fun but useless item. I don't see how it could benefit anyone.
Also, I think we don't need a thread for every little update. ***What's going on with Smashbros.com*** works just as well.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
IMO, it looks like a fun but useless item. I don't see how it could benefit anyone.
Also, I think we don't need a thread for every little update. ***What's going on with Smashbros.com*** works just as well.
not really since people get off topic alot in there

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
It seems fun to use and to look at,but kind of boring.I think the main reason Sakurai showed it was because most people though he would show Peach after friday's update,so he showed this instead to mindgame us!(Sakurai trying to mess with,no,I've never heard of such a thing!)

Diemonds

Smash Apprentice
^^^^ LOL

the whole point of the smoke ball is fo offense not defense say im chargin up a Smash Attack the smoke makes it so u cant see wat im doin

Adi

Smash Lord
Why? nothing should be banned, even the smoke ball or the banana peel. If the SB is banned, then we'll start banning all the disturbing items, and that means lack of strategies.
In case you've been living in a cave during melee's lifespan you would have noticed that most of the items and some stages are banned from tournament play..

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
If u are good, then you won't have problem playing w/ them.
That's a good frame of mind to have. . . .

Until an explosive crate pops in front of you as you're loading up a Falcon Punch.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
LOL, yeah I know....

and thats a HUGE mistake. If u are good, then you won't have problem playing w/ them.
Wrong. Items introduce chance, which means luck, to a game. You can cite Poker till my head explodes, but that doesn't change the fact that the more luck is in the game, the less skill is in the game. The chance spawns and exploding capsules, as well as the randomness of the items themselves make them really bad for tournament play.

In any case, it's a non-issue. Some people will leave them on, others will turn them off. Choice is good.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Wrong. Items introduce chance, which means luck, to a game. You can cite Poker till my head explodes, but that doesn't change the fact that the more luck is in the game, the less skill is in the game. The chance spawns and exploding capsules, as well as the randomness of the items themselves make them really bad for tournament play.

In any case, it's a non-issue. Some people will leave them on, others will turn them off. Choice is good.
that's Smash :)

Top Bottom