• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashmex 3

tsetse

Smash Lord
Bueno pos no soy el director, pero decidi poner el thread para que comienzen a moverse para el torneo de smash probablemente mas grande que se habra echo hasta este tiempo en el mundo smashmex3. El director me dijo que esperan arriba de 300 personas en el torneo. El local sera en Nuevo Laredo, Tamualipas. Alli estaran Los Gemelos y todos los mejores smashers de mexico. El Tiempo seria en el mes de Julio. Cuando el director se suba a smashboards el pondra mas informacion.

Well im not the Host but I decided to put a thread up for what could very well be the biggest smash tournament in history Smashmex3. They are expecting 300+ people at this one. The location will be in Nuevo Laredo tamualipas, in mexico. The twins(Mexicos Best) and all the best in mexico will be there. When the Host comes onto the boards he can update on info. The tourney will be In july of this year.

Entonces pongan sus preguntas oh post para hacerla emocionante. Prize money should be over 1000$ easily. Thats US dollars not pesos.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Bueno pos entonces que pasa, si este torneo va ser de mas de 300+ donde estaan todos. Por esta razon ha mexico no lo toman en serio en smash. No se mueven, y si se mueven es nomas en mexico, y luego le ganan ha sus amigos y dicen que son buenos. Nombre. Pongan su post para que sepan que si va ser grande smashmex3. Si no ponen informacion ho detalles nadie de los EUA va ha ir. Se necessita unos meses para hacer areglos.

Bueno los dejos hasta despues pero si no se ponen al tiro smashmex sera nomas cosa mexicana.

Kof-Ike

Smash Rookie
Jajaja me agrada el premio, no tienen una pagina o algo asi donde este toda la informacion, creo ke si lo kieres asi de grande tienes ke meterle mas propaganda ke un simple post, para ke se entere la gente de todos lados

tsetse

Smash Lord
esta no es mi torneo pero segun ellos dicen que es en julio. Yo estoy esperando que suban informacion. Son los de laredo que la estan haciendo.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Perdon... d>_>b... hasta ahorita ando checando esta seccion... no soy exactamente uno de los organizadores directos, pero aqui esta la info que se tiene confirmada...

http://smash-mex.tk - Foro de smash enteramente en español

---

So~...

Smash-Mex 3
Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico

Will be on 22 and 23rd of July

The first day will be the inauguration of the event, and there'll be tournaments of teams, crews, and other bonus events... On the next day will be singles tournament.

And well for all foreign people; we will rent a place for all those who come to the event to stay the two days, for a small fee, which will be for breakfast, lunch or stuff like that...
d >_>b...

The guest for this event include the Twins, and most of all Mexican smashers... hopefully Dorf 1223 might come... still pending his confirmation...

Well I'll be adding new and more info, later on... Since it seems some people from the event forgot to attend this thread...

tsetse

Smash Lord
Gracias Meme, pero tienen que moverse mas para que vayan los americanos. Donde estan los demas?

Doubletails

Smash Cadet
El evento es bueno, de calidad, y de muy altas recompensas, las personas interesadas estan apostandole a un evento que podria ser el mejor hasta ahora del smash en Mexico, ahora, con sede en frontera, las posibilidades se abren para el publico estadounidense, que sin duda se llevaran una agradable sorpresa con algunos jugadores mexicanos.

Me gustaria saber ya las reglas oficiales, no falta mucho y se debe saber

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
how many people are there to attend...maybe i can go to this one..........................................MAYBE!! ^.^

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
200 or even more.. thats what the rumors says XD. come on guys.. lets prepare for this one.. it will be a ****.ing event.. man.. this is the BIG ONE!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I probably won't be able to come, but what do you guys plan to do about recording? I want to see a lot of matches preferably recorded with a VCR. There's going to be some good stuff. Do any of you have a list of who's confirmed? I'd like to know if Muhsoce, Rkle, Bell, etc... are going to attend.

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
Is not confirmed but there is some names that could attend.

Javi
Twin
Jonas - Muhsoce
Bell
Uruz -KC
1233 - Matarel
Jov
Reed
Majoras
X-Venas
and more.

But sooner a have the full list i try to post it.

Come Guys.. this is smash-mex 3.. one of the biggest tourney in mexico.. is the chance to come and tryout with mexican smashers.

Bytes!:D

tsetse

Smash Lord
Ok so these are the rules?

I gaurantee no american smasher besides laredo and majora will show up if these are the rules.

You guys need to change them. 5 stock ten minute time limit really needs to be changed.

Of course this is your tourney so you guys decide what you want but just as advice americans will not show up with these rules.

Also for what you guys claim is the biggest oturney ever 300$ for 1st place is bad really bad.
Ok so this is whayt is on wikipedia-american smashers post up and let us know your opinion.

Smash-Mex 3 is the third of a series of tournaments that will be held in México, Club SD, Nightmare CORP are the hosts for this tournament.
This tournament will feature unique organization, including patronage by Nuevo Laredo Government, Domino's Pizza and Coca-Cola.

Contents [hide]
1 General Info
2 Tournament Agenda
2.1 Doubles
2.1.1 Ruleset & Misc.
2.2 Crew Battle
2.2.1 Ruleset & Misc.
2.3 Bowser Challenge
2.3.1 Ruleset & Misc.
2.4 Singles
2.4.1 Ruleset & Misc.
3 Prize
4 VOD
5 External Links

[edit]General Info
Date: July 22 & 23, 2007
Place: Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, México.
Venue: Civic Center of Nuevo Laredo.
Schedule: 9 to 20hrs.
General Entrance Cost: $10 Mexican Pesos (1$ USD)
Incription Schedule: 9 to 12hrs.
Tournament Start: 12hrs.
[edit]Tournament Agenda
[edit]Doubles
July 22nd, begins at 12hrs.
[edit]Ruleset & Misc.
5 stocks per player (10 stocks per team)
Ten minutes limit.
No Items.
No Pause.
IC Glitch and Peach Bomber stall banned.
Spectators are not allowed to distract players.
Set best-out-of-three.
Random Allowed Stages: Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Dream Land, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield.
Free registry
[edit]Crew Battle
Begins just after Doubles
[edit]Ruleset & Misc.
6-7 Players per crew.
4 stocks per player (24-28 stocks per crew)
No Items
No Pause.
Random Allowed Stages: Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Dream Land, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield.
Free registry
[edit]Bowser Challenge
Begings just after Crew Battles
[edit]Ruleset & Misc.
4 stocks per player
1 vs 3 Bowsers (MEME, JC, KISA)
Fountain of Dreams is the only allowed stage.
Only one chance per player
No Items
No Pause.
Free registry
[edit]Singles
Registy starts just after the Boswer Challenge
July 23, begins at 10am.
[edit]Ruleset & Misc.
Double Elimination
4 stocks per player.
8 minutes time limit.
Set best-out-of-three
No Items.
No Pause.
Registry Cost: $70 Mexican Pesos (7$ USD).
[edit]Prize
1st Place: $3,000 Mexican Pesos (300$ USD).
2nd Place: $1,500 Mexican Pesos (150$ USD).
3rd Place: $500 Mexican Pesos (50$ USD).
[edit]VOD

X-Vena

Smash Cadet
Hi everybody, Come to nuevo laredo, the tournament wil be very interesting, also the twins will asist to this tournament, and of all my crew ( X-mashers ), if you want to taste the mexican power of the X-mashers, come to this tournament,

X-mashers crew (just the people who will asist)

1- X-Twin
2- X-Javi (the other twin)
3- X-Vena
4- X-Dexter
5- X-Loko
6- X-Hyde
7- X-Awelo
8- X-Maximus
9- X-Kuku
10 - X-Rodo

tsetse

Smash Lord
so what are the chances of the rules changing. Cuz as they stand they are pretty wierd.

defsithe

Smash Ace
so the fee for everything is $8 (USA) this includes singles, doubles, crews, and bowser challenge? and is the bus station in Laredo within walking distance of the border?

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
rey its not our tourny we cant ask them to change it just cuz were used to something else. plus it looks like doubles is free :chuckle:

he is used to 4 stock
That explains it.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
so what are the chances of the rules changing. Cuz as they stand they are pretty wierd.
the rules are not gonna change rey, like you, i find the doubles and crews tournaments lacking to prove the level of a smash player, smash team or smash crew, since there is no compromise of oneself wallet neither to get a prize...its easy to sandbag.

however i would like to believe the singles tournament will be able to fulfill high expectations, since Laredo tought of doing it Single Elimination, but they back off from that idea, that leads me to think they had to think of single elimination because the shortage of time or lack of tvs...

it will be a good singles tournament that i can say, let them put 10 lives each player on teams rey, anyways we are not paying for teams, nor getting a prize...recognition?!? pfft getting recognized on a game?...i prefer to rule over the otakus and nerds and have snake voice as my spokeman

defsithe

Smash Ace
the rules are not gonna change rey, like you, i find the doubles and crews tournaments lacking to prove the level of a smash player, smash team or smash crew, since there is no compromise of oneself wallet neither to get a prize...its easy to sandbag.

however i would like to believe the singles tournament will be able to fulfill high expectations, since Laredo tought of doing it Single Elimination, but they back off from that idea, that leads me to think they had to think of single elimination because the shortage of time or lack of tvs...

it will be a good singles tournament that i can say, let them put 10 lives each player on teams rey, anyways we are not paying for teams, nor getting a prize...recognition?!? pfft getting recognized on a game?...i prefer to rule over the otakus and nerds and have snake voice as my spokeman
american mexican flag waving in the backround

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
american mexican flag waving in the backround
if you keep making fun of my mexican status mikey ill post your "mexican" outfit picture ^.^....i liked that outfit, i need to try it.

about the tourny i think that ill try to make a thread in the southwest area concerning the people who would like to go since this is after FC, and maybe helping them cross and help them while on the mexican side.

defsithe

Smash Ace
if you keep making fun of my mexican status mikey ill post your "mexican" outfit picture ^.^....i liked that outfit, i need to try it.

about the tourny i think that ill try to make a thread in the southwest area concerning the people who would like to go since this is after FC, and maybe helping them cross and help them while on the mexican side.
im not making fun or ur mexican status, i did that cuz this is the central and south america regional zone. and either way i look TOO GOOD in the "mexican" outfit:laugh: hahaha anyone with my myspace has seen it.

and i agree about the thing with southwest forums. spread the love.

tsetse

Smash Lord
So ROBMONEY went to smashmex 3 and he will be playing the twins today. My prediction is that it will be close but ROBMONEY will win. I played javi yesterday and JAVI is real good but, ROB$ is my boy and he is vastly experienced so i think ROB will win. Any other predictions.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Please tell me that match is going to get recorded. I'm just going to go ahead and guess that Javi will win, just because he's so pro. However, Rob$ was ranked in the power rankings, so I would not be at all surprised if he won. Should definitely be a good match, regardless.

Has the tournament started yet? How many people attended, and who are some notable names (from both Mexico and other places)?

tsetse

Smash Lord
crystal City, Texas-Rob$, Leprechaun
Mcallen, Texas-Majoras
Mexico-(twins) Javi, Tuga, guilligon the best mexican players are there since this is their big tournament.

Basicly whoever wins this thing will be considered the best in mexico. Right now Javi is considered the best in mexico

tsetse

Smash Lord
Update 1

Leprachuan was sent to losers bracket by mexico's best peach. From what i heard Lep had to deal with comments against him from the crowd such as beat him so he does not come back to mexico. (in spanish)

Lep and Rob wanted to play some team friendlies with the twins but the twins did not want to.

Neither Rob or Lep have played any matches against the twins. More to come soon.

Top Bottom