• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

takoyaki

Smash Cadet
the last dragon went to the last hsam tourney but i had to leave...otherwise i woulda ***** him lol

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
First
I'd like to confirm that I'll be at home the weekend this tournament takes place so I'll help staff your event boy.

Second
Here's a solution to your universal remote crisis:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2724~r.87871236~r.91142929

However you may wish to consider the following:
"I got something similar to this in Poundland as well. The Poundland one seems to have more buttons though"
and if you do purchase a universal remote make sure you bring the original one on the day in case the universal remote doesn't work.

Try this instead, the same thing but £2.50 delivered + UK based:

Third
Who's up for a side tourney?
Guitar Hero, Wii Sports, etc...

Or are you planning to have crew battles allocated to spare time?
Just a heads up to spectators such as myself there will be a 'spare TV' with a 360 hooked up to it.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
*brainstorm*

Could do a little catering for people.
-Sandwiches
-Crisps
-Biscuits

Would charge though, but prices would be according to amount paid for food.

Alternatively there is always the high street and its masses of takeaway places. I'll be bringing lots of flyers to hand out if people wish to opt for fast food delivery!

The_Rake

Smash Lord
First
I'd like to confirm that I'll be at home the weekend this tournament takes place so I'll help staff your event boy.

Second
Here's a solution to your universal remote crisis:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2724~r.87871236~r.91142929

However you may wish to consider the following:

and if you do purchase a universal remote make sure you bring the original one on the day in case the universal remote doesn't work.

Try this instead, the same thing but £2.50 delivered + UK based:

Third
Who's up for a side tourney?
Guitar Hero, Wii Sports, etc...

Or are you planning to have crew battles allocated to spare time?
Just a heads up to spectators such as myself there will be a 'spare TV' with a 360 hooked up to it.
Dude, guitar hero would just be me ****** everyone. so yes to that =D

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
^ why dont you enter the tournament ?
A lot of people are unaware of this especially the newcomers so sit down and marvel upon this story:
Years ago there used to be a London Smash scene that was a mere fraction of what it currently is. Now this smash scene used to have some of the greatest players:
AntD, imoneofthem (myself), Spkz, ShadowLaw, BrTarolg.
Yup we were pretty much the UK elite. No-one could provide me and my mewtwo a decent matchup as well as AntD's fearsome Pikachu.

Every month it was tradition that we host smash sessions and perfect our gameplay and mind games.

Sadly though it all eventually to an end due to circumstances:
Darvor disappeared and now lives in a cave somewhere in Essex
AntD is now one of the leading figures for the Economy of London
imoneofthem is now a first year university student in the middle of nowhere aka the Midlands

...and the legacy of the smash scene lives on
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
In other words I am not entering the tourney + I'll be doing all the background work, that way I'm a winner at something ;)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
This thread is growing boring with all this brawl talk and just random boring posts which I skim through lol.

Who actually thinks they have stepped up quite a bit and is looking to make a (dramatic) change in their placing overall and thinks they are capable.
If so also state roundabout where you think you could place.

I think the highest I can place is prob 1st.
And the lowest I could prob place is something like....1st :)

Last Dragon said if I beat Fuzzyness and if Gantz beats Bullet Bill that he will full return to the community, I can't let my crew member down so now i'm on a mission......
^_____________^

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
imoneofthem said:
imoneofthem is now a first year university student in the middle of nowhere aka the Midlands
Midlands is hardly nowhere dude :p

@brado about the halo idea:
nah dude halos gay gotta get some blazblue there

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Crews will be WAYYYY more interesting then 64 tournament.
Something like the amazing but never happened yet....

London vs. Out Of London

Which is funny because one region which is London is likely to beat Out Of London people which is a combination of every region.

I would say top 7/8 from each region and this can obviously vary depending on who attends

London Team
- Professor Pro
- Fuzzyness
- Retroking2000/Edwin
- Frostbyte
- Chrisboi
- Gantz
- ??????< have to see on the day who is better then who
- ??????< have to see on the day who is better then who.

Out Of London
- Vanity Angel
- Jo3
- AmcD
- Bullet Bill
- Tamoo
- Aiko
- ????? < dunno whoelse to put on their list
- ????? < dunno whoelse to put on their list

Our team actually looks stronger though as all our players are generally better then Out Of London's and place higher overall.
The only person who beats 4 of our players on that list is Vanity Angel while the rest of the players have only beat Chrisboi or Gantz or both....or neither :ohwell:

J03

Smash Master
SWIZZEEHH and COEEEHHH, dunno if coey will be going, if not then Blinky.

if you take pros massive ego out of it i reckon itll be close =).

we dont need to beat your top 4 with our top 4 because everyone on our list would **** gantz and the other 2 losers you choose.

also i reckon swizzy could easily beat the london marths, not saying he will, but he 100% has the ability to.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The fact that Me and Fuzzyness beat EVERYONEEEE on that list and Frostbyte and Retroking ONLY lose to Vanity Angel on that list is enough to know that we could run a train through all of your players and not even have to use our other players.

You can attempt to insult our other players even though when they are chosen they will just add to the already dominant team we have but we all know that our Top 4 players are literally just gonna take a massive chunk out of the whole of your crew.

But of course if you disagree there's always this lovely thing that we could do and put £15 down on it :)????

L-J

Smash Ace
I'd like to play for OOL against London, sounds like fun. I've placed pretty well at the last two events I've gone to...I can't do much more to stake a claim than that lol. Not a big deal anyway, whether I'm in it or not I'll be cheering for our crew as underdogs - it's always more fun supporting the underdogs anyway :p

Jolteon

Soooo lol....state it then.
I made a deal with Robby a while ago. I get 7th; he gets 1st.

But now there's a more people attending than I thought (including out of england) so I don't think I can do it anymore lol :(

fu noobs for coming

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'd like to play for OOL against London, sounds like fun. I've placed pretty well at the last two events I've gone to...I can't do much more to stake a claim than that lol. Not a big deal anyway, whether I'm in it or not I'll be cheering for our crew as underdogs - it's always more fun supporting the underdogs anyway :p
Well maybe it can be done by the placing of Out Of London and London people at this event.

Meaning that people can come along and prove their worth and earn the spot in the team instead of it being already picked and people not being able to be in it even though there might be better people who aren't in the team.

I made a deal with Robby a while ago. I get 7th; he gets 1st.

But now there's a more people attending than I thought (including out of england) so I don't think I can do it anymore lol :(

fu noobs for coming
loool At that deal.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well you lot would have to sort that out yourself as i'm gonna be sorting out the top people and if you wan to be doing it then you have to sort out the list yourself lol.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
i would gladly help set up a almost pro one on behalf of team london, that is of course if im not in the london top 7 by that tournament which i probably will be cause i **** :p (nah i kid the top 7 in london who will **** the top 7 OOL) but yeah that would be a good idea i think.

Jolteon

Yeah I agree; the deal is missing something. I'm going to put 50 pounds down on it!

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
whoever usually who ever nominates themselves to play 1sat will go first and then say 1 team loses to a fox player simply wudnt u throw in your player who feels most confident against a fox? or sumint i dunno usually there is a captain or sumint

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
in crew battles do you play weakest players first or best players first?
You basically get to counterpick whoever is one with who you think can beat that player who is currently on.

Even though there is usually a captain of the team theres usually a a team decision on who goes in but the top people kinda dominate who goes in because they usally know best lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom