• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfests at FullMetal's (Next: June 3rd or 4th!!!)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Chaddd - Dude. How can you even think that I would ever go to a, as you put it, "less difficult" tournament because I think I have a chance at winning? I have never played this game in an outright attempt to weasel my way around into easy winnings.

Didn't I mention Alpha was going with me? I've never beaten Alpha in a tournament set, no matter how close I've gotten. It just doesn't happen. Mike G will be there too. And I'm quite sure others will go as well. I play Smash for several reasons, and winning is nowhere near the top. If it was about winning, again I'd just go back to Halo.

I left the "winning" aspect of playing a competitive game behind because I wanted to be part of a closer community. I had noticed Alpha playing it a lot and I asked him to teach me. Thus here I am. I enjoy hanging out with you guys all the time, and I'm not in this whole thing for the sake of winning. So please don't use that angle on me dude, because you have it entirely wrong.

As far as "columbus" following my "numerous posts" I don't say **** for anyone. What they think is what they think, and what I think is what I think. Often times I wonder why I get involved and then I remember, oh yeah, my morals tell me to try to keep the peace and avoid stupid stuff. If you've noticed, noone in COlumbus who has seen this has backed me up except Jared, but it isn't because he is from Columbus, it is because he's been a great friend for the past 4 years.

Again, I speak for noone.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
i'd like to say:

who the **** would back up new venues that rip off people? there's a difference between expanding the community and advocating crappy tournaments.

hai guyz *** 2 mai nu sooper smak bros toornamant. I huld it at mai dad's howse and its in a baysmant biger tahn sleepy's!

BTW TOOWENTEE DOLLAH DOOR FEE!!!!!!111!!!11!+!+1+ELEVENTYONE!!!!1!!

Prac352

Smash Lord
i'd like to say:

who the **** would back up new venues that rip off people? there's a difference between expanding the community and advocating crappy tournaments.

hai guyz *** 2 mai nu sooper smak bros toornamant. I huld it at mai dad's howse and its in a baysmant biger tahn sleepy's!

BTW TOOWENTEE DOLLAH DOOR FEE!!!!!!111!!!11!+!+1+ELEVENTYONE!!!!1!!
Topic pwnt!

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
I don't think you do. You're not stopping . . .
Perhaps you should take your own advice and stop posting

I'm under the impression that you simply don't want to come because you feel you might have a better chance to win this Waba Games tournament, but you're quite obviously naive if you think that the VENUE is any factor in the growth of the Ga smash community. Venues are trashy, and always function as a direct result of some uninformed game store owner trying to cash in on a popular tournament scene. Because we deny them the chance to charge double entrance fee simply to stand in their presence is insulting. I don't care too much for your attitude about the Ga Smash scene as though you have this huge influence or something. Not all of Columbus follows your long and numerous posts as a holy scripture.

If anything, we NEED to be shunning tournaments like Waba Games to illustrate that extortion through Smash Brothers is not something the Ga Smash community tolerates. Instead, you're sending the message that their door fee is a small price to pay, and to please continue and charge outrageous amounts of money for sub par smash tournaments. You know what my last tournament cost me? 10 dollars. All day, teams and singles. Why the hell would I pay that one weekend, and then spend 5 dollars in gas getting to duluth to play in a smaller tournament that's twice as expensive as any other? If they could at least offer a higher number of people in attendance, or something to make the experience worthwhile, instead all they offer are rude comments and money grubbing tendencies.
Gerbil has went to tournys in the past with little to no chance of winning i doubt this hasnt change a bit, also gebil tends to speak for himself though i agree with most of what he has to say so saying he speaks for CDE is rather dumb. I also dont get why he have to SHUN waba games? what have they done so wrong that we must bash there thread, honestly your blowing the whole door fee/ email thing out of proportion. your whole hate for waba seems random at best

Chaddd - Dude. How can you even think that I would ever go to a, as you put it, "less difficult" tournament because I think I have a chance at winning? I have never played this game in an outright attempt to weasel my way around into easy winnings.

Didn't I mention Alpha was going with me? I've never beaten Alpha in a tournament set, no matter how close I've gotten. It just doesn't happen. Mike G will be there too. And I'm quite sure others will go as well. I play Smash for several reasons, and winning is nowhere near the top. If it was about winning, again I'd just go back to Halo.

I left the "winning" aspect of playing a competitive game behind because I wanted to be part of a closer community. I had noticed Alpha playing it a lot and I asked him to teach me. Thus here I am. I enjoy hanging out with you guys all the time, and I'm not in this whole thing for the sake of winning. So please don't use that angle on me dude, because you have it entirely wrong.

As far as "columbus" following my "numerous posts" I don't say **** for anyone. What they think is what they think, and what I think is what I think. Often times I wonder why I get involved and then I remember, oh yeah, my morals tell me to try to keep the peace and avoid stupid stuff. If you've noticed, noone in COlumbus who has seen this has backed me up except Jared, but it isn't because he is from Columbus, it is because he's been a great friend for the past 4 years.

Again, I speak for noone.
Gerbil rulez

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Judge not, lest ye also be judged.

However, forming opinions based on solid information that I'D refer to as "facts" is acceptable.
Waba may be a new venue, yes.
But the simple numbers and truths speak for themselves-
10$ door fee, 5$ singles, 5$/person doubles
Waba is a BUSINESS. They operate based upon the fact that they provide jobs, and raise income for their owner and employees. Even if they're not trying to "grub money" off of a popular tournament scene, they are in fact charging money simply to attend.
That, as opposed to going to someone's house, and simply paying to enter the tournament, seems like a bum deal to me, if all you want to do is play smash.

So, I'm assuming everyone who reads/posts here can think for themselves to SOME degree, just choose.
I'm not going to be pissed at anyone who goes to Waba, although I'll probably question your cognitive thinking skills.
So look carefully at both tournament's layouts and conditions, and pick where you're going to go based upon what YOU yourself want.

I hope to see some of you at my place, we'll have a good time. ^_^

GA Peach

Smash Lord
LOL, i <3 you guys. entertainment via smashboards ftw. seriously, go to the tourney which you will have more fun at. for me, it's the one where it costs me less money to attend and playing on non-HD/DLP televisions, as they cause fighting games that aren't on new-gen systems to lag, which was my issue with WABA and just about any other gaming establishment that i've been too.

P.S. - Fullmetal, GGXX? :)

Somasu

Smash Ace
112 is too good.

Marty, I'll play some GGXX with ya! I never sat down and played at Sleepy's tournament, so we'd better play a little while here.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Alpha's **** is HUGE, guys. Ever wonder about the Bathroom **** alley at cyberLANding?
That's the distance Alpha has to stand back in order to pee safely.

Prac352

Smash Lord
Alpha's **** is HUGE, guys. Ever wonder about the Bathroom **** alley at cyberLANding?
That's the distance Alpha has to stand back in order to pee safely.
It's true . . . any of you guys seen "Bro ****?"

. . .*sniff* . . . *hick* . . . don't look at me.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Doubles results:

1st: Jungle Fever (Chaddd+Marty) - 36.00$
2nd: Wes is a *****, England sucks (Renegade+Cornell) - 18.00$
3rd: Change (Hidden+Soft) - 6.00$
4th: Jams can suck a fat **** (Sleepy K+Elliot)
5th: GPC Rage (FullMetal+TBag)
5th: Fear (Somasu+BDown)

Singles Results:

1st: Chaddd - 63.00$
2nd: Hidden - 63.00$
3rd: Cornell - 14.00$
4th: Marty
5th: FullMetal
5th: Tong
7th: Sleepy K
7th: Renegade
9th: Elliot
9th: Desu
9th: Somasu
9th: TBag
13th: Laijin
13th: Soft

Thanks everybody for coming! We had a great time!
Sleepy K has vids.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Lol I placed well and did all right in matches! happy am i.
Mike, send me the .tio file please.

the only vids we recorded were the crews and the cornell vs martin sets.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Didn't save the .tio file, except the brackets pictures... I can send you those, if you like.

Also, I KNOW for a fact that Eugene vs. Me in losers brackets got recorded SOMEWHERE. =P
Hopefully I can track it down, since I'd at least like to watch those again.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
ah well.
I can copy it from the bracket pictures.

Maybe it's on the tape martin gave me.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Possible date for next smashfest:

November 3rd~

Does anyone want me to host one on that date?

With Smashtaclysm coming up and all, we ALL need to step our games up to be REDDAY!

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Since we've all been Reflex-cancelled...

Who would show up if I hosted a tournament on October 20th?

If I can get at least 20 people (GPC regulars not included) I'll do it.

Respond sie vu ple?

Prac352

Smash Lord
Since we've all been Reflex-cancelled...

Who would show up if I hosted a tournament on October 20th?

If I can get at least 20 people (GPC regulars not included) I'll do it.

Respond sie vu ple?
Respondez-vous sil vous plait*

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Low Tier tourney first
Teams.
Singles.

Start at like 3 or 4 maybe? I dunno. But definantly do a LTT :o

please no more low tier tournaments at places i can't go to!
DK is technically top tier so I want to try out my ness/G&W

wish i could go, but i got prior engagements on the 20th...

Top Bottom