• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfest Niagara Results

Percon

Smash Lord
Well, well, here we are. What originally started out as a small smashfest ended up becoming a decent-sized tournament. I never knew that there was so much interest in the Niagara region! We got a few Toronto players, too, so it's all good.

I'd like to shout out to everyone who came - thanks for showing up! And of course my staff, Tourniquet and Steph, I'm endebted to you guys. Also, thanks for bringing your gear, everyone. I hope you all had fun - I know I did.

Anyway, the way we run the tournament was a bit weird. Our tournament software crapped out on us after the first round or two, so Tourniquet and Steph had to convert to paper, and managed everything while I was playing. It got a bid odd during the final rounds...

There were no doubles, as I don't recall there being enough interest, so singles is it.

Note that this is the first tourney experience for most... heck, all of us. Many people hadn't even made up SSBM player names. We're not the best, but I bet there's a few rising stars over here.

Anyway, without further ado...

1: Percon
2: Casey
3: Jarred
4: 9000/Miller
5: Garet
8: pyrnight
8: Trev
8: Nate
14: Xero
14: Rob
14: Tony
14: Shayne
14: Red/Mr.Red
14: Sputnik/Sebastian
22: Chief
22: Marble
22: John
22: Connor
22: Peter
22: McG Dynasty
22: AlexW
22: Llama

Um... this is the first time I host a tourney, so I'm not 100% on how to post results. It's customary to not go much farther than that, right? I see many lists not going past 17, so I'm going to stop there. I've got another 20+ people... but I guess you don't add the lower half? Can someone experienced help me with this...?

I'm surprised we got so many peeps for a small local tourney... in Canada! Next time I host one of these, it'll be at my place with less peeps... but actually have sufficient prize money.

EDIT: Vids'll be up ASAP (of most finals).

EDIT2: Fixed some stuff... anything else I should know about?

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Hmm...Wasn't it

1. Percon
2. Casey
3. Jarred
4. 9000

?

I would have thought 9000 would place higher then Garret since Garret lost to KC before quarter/semi finals ? Bleh. Hope theres another tournament soon. Because next time I will be placing in the top 4 at least :p For all the people tied, they should have played eachother. Because then I would have ended up 5th or 6th.

Miller

Smash Lord
Man that was amazing, and Percon, I think it goes like this.

1: Percon
2: Casey
3: Garet
4: Jarrod (Jared?)
4: 9000/Miller
6: pyrnight
6: Trev
6: Nate
9: Xero
9: Rob
9: Tony
9: Shayne
9: Red/Mr.Red
9: Sputnik/Sebastian
15: Chief
15: Marble
15: John
15: Connor
15: Peter
15: McG Dynasty
15: AlexW
15: Llama

And Lawlb0t, I have no idea how that works >_<

It was a Three way to get into the finals against Percon, Myself and I cant rememeber exactly who but he played as Doctor Mario. I lost against both of them.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
To end the confusion. My buddy's name is spelt Jarred. Lmfao. Did he not tell his correctly spelt name? Haahah that kid is a handful, he is so random in RL. That list looks about right. Shoulda played for 5th place.

TJJ

Smash Cadet
It was fun. You have to host another one in the future. It's too bad that in almost every tournament I get into I always end up making stupid mistakes early in the actual tournament and playing my best in friendlies..

..and maybe it was also because I was matched up only with people that made it higher than sixth place..

..and because I wasn't using my main character half the time.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Who were you TJJ? I have floated around here for the longest time, but didn't make an account till this year, so I don't know anyone by there real world names.

TJJ

Smash Cadet
Who were you TJJ? I have floated around here for the longest time, but didn't make an account till this year, so I don't know anyone by there real world names.
I was JuiceJuice, I played fox in the tournament.

I wavedashed and waveshined alot, if that helps..I don't remember going against you.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Yo, Jarred whats up. Yeah. I don't know. I would think Miller would be ahead of Garret. W.e don't matter. I just want another tourny to happen NAO!

Percon

Smash Lord
Spelling and Placement errors:

When the computer crapped out on us, we switched everything to paper. Tourniquet eventually ended up spelling everything phonically (for example, Perkon instead of Percon), so that's why there's some errors there. If there's a problem with your name, post it and I'll fix it tonight.

Also, all I had to decipher everyone's placement was a really messy spreadsheet, so I'll fix that when I get back from school.

Peace

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Um... this is the first time I host a tourney, so I'm not 100% on how to post results. It's customary to not go much farther than that, right? I see many lists not going past 17, so I'm going to stop there. I've got another 20+ people... but I guess you don't add the lower half? Can someone experienced help me with this...?

Also, can someone tell me is I qualify for the "smash director" title, or do I need to host more/bigger tournies?
Hi Percon,

There isn't really a formal way of creating a results thread, you may go about it any way you wish. Most people post full results, because - even though in the long run the lower results don't really matter - people usually want to see where they placed. It's also sort of cool if you post brackets as well.

Sometimes tournaments don't show past a certain amount because there is actually a link showing a round robin previous to a bracket, or a full bracket, etc.

As for the Smash Director stuff, I don't know exactly how it works, but I believe there's an option somewhere that says "Apply to become a smash director" (might be in the User CP). Point to the tournament/results thread. I don't think it's that difficult.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Lulz. You know your addicted when :p I am trying to quit drinking pop. I had one can at the tournament, pretty good if you ask me. Except I drank a 2L bottle and 20 wings when i got home, LOL.

Top Bottom