• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHERS UNITE! ... in Celebration. Brawl is Online, and I'm just paranoid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Any one who says this thread is pointless is still wrong, no matter what. JohnKnight1 said, 'better be safe than sorry', and thats what this thread was, safe, not sorry. We tried, because we weren't sure. Hell, who knows, maybe the petition helped changed Nintendo's minds! I kinda doubt, but still...LOL... idk if there was a point in this that is worth saying right now, but eh...
p.s. AWESOME, confirmed! hehe

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
IM SO SO HAPPY THAT THIS THRAD WAS JUST FOR NOTHING

Now for real... good job guys we did our best lol.... but im more please to know that AT LEAST we will have online play!!

I just cant wait for this game to be out........

definitely will be one of those games which wil leave a great mark in video game history!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Any one who says this thread is pointless is still wrong, no matter what. JohnKnight1 said, 'better be safe than sorry', and thats what this thread was, safe, not sorry. We tried, because we weren't sure. Hell, who knows, maybe the petition helped changed Nintendo's minds! I kinda doubt, but still...LOL... idk if there was a point in this that is worth saying right now, but eh...
p.s. AWESOME, confirmed! hehe
^ Dead on correct. There was a point, and this just shows we were ready for ANY SITUATION. Better prepared for the best/worst, then not at all, and better safe then sorry. ;)

IM SO SO HAPPY THAT THIS THRAD WAS JUST FOR NOTHING

^ Exactly wat I mean. Nintendo has mindgamed us soo much, it is impossible to know. If it was Microsoft, online would be confirmed before the game! :laugh:

Now for real... good job guys we did our best lol.... but im more please to know that AT LEAST we will have online play!!

I just cant wait for this game to be out........

definitely will be one of those games which wil leave a great mark in video game history!
It wasn't for nothing. If you ask me, we should send it to Nintendo anyways, showing our "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection" Brawl support, and our happiness. You know, to show our appreciation! :)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I have seen 3 - 4 Nsider in the past 1/2 hour... that was just a warning guys....

Online 4 brawl... o wait...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i also plan to fight you lego, and your taunts are bound to be funny/annoying as hell. one of mine will probably "ooooouch" or "NOOOBZ I PWNZ YUZ" and maybe just "heres 5 $, go down to Kmart and buy yourself some skill". heh, that will be a fun option.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ I've seen like 50=njk. They were meeting in the meet and great section. ;) Apparently the guy who made the ever famous smash MOJO! site just joined the SWF, and he's a Nsider. :laugh: Love that site=Bill Cosby in Brawl FTW! :)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Nintendo sucks at online. The random matches sound like you will have very little control over their settings, and not being able to see who you're playing or talk to them is ********. How about headset support and other things that have been standard for the past six years?

Edu

Smash Rookie
At Least I hoped to know who I am fighting , I dindnt expected voice chat or leader boards , just to know who I am fighting.
But SIGHT

any one interested in interchanging friend codes whith some one who love competitive smash and dont visit the boards :ohwell:...........................................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Like me:laugh:
Third post since 2006

Kentalish

Smash Lord
Nintendo sucks at online. The random matches sound like you will have very little control over their settings, and not being able to see who you're playing or talk to them is ********. How about headset support and other things that have been standard for the past six years?
we dont know all that about brawls online yet READ THE WHOLE UPDATE

Masahiro Sakurai said:
We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
More like you lack the mental capacity to respond.

You obviously don't understand the argument, which is the fact that we've been given what's been expected, and that features like voice chat aren't required - therefore you're being picky, and somewhat unrealistic. Also consider that 90% of the people on voice chat wouldn't be asking "Hey! Great move!! Teach me how! I love being friendly!!". It's more like slanderous yelling because that 14 year old on the other end can't stand your technique. You'd understand if you've played an online game to any degree of dedication. Even games like World of Warcraft which are based on friendly progression, and is governed by a set of rules preventing negative and hateful remarks is PACKED with trash-talk and immature or offensive statements from aforementioned 14 year olds. In fact, the new implementation of voice-chat in the game is generally not welcomed by players becasue of these things.

And honestly, I'm personaly not playing for social reasons. I'm playing to play a game. If I want to hang out with poeple I'll do it in reality, thank you.
I don't know why I'm bothering... these internet debates never go anywhere. You've just reiterated your previous argument, which was that "voice chat is not required". No ****. Did I not just totally agree with you on that? I said it's an added feature that's there to enhance game play, and should be an option to anyone who wants it. If you can't handle the trash talk of a 14 year old, choose not to wear the headset. Simple, no? Are you following me here? You're a big boy, you can choose whether or not to subject yourself to their insults, or perhaps take them like a man, the same way we should be able to choose to have the ability to talk to whoever the hell we want online. Here's what you do: find some friends that you know and trust, who won't hurt your fragile feelings, and talk to them. Does that sound reasonable? You say you prefer to do your socializing outside of video game time.. well I suppose that's your preference. I can do both. I enjoy playing games more in the company of friends. What an outlandish concept! Are you saying I shouldn't have the right to do that because people like you don't know how to deal with a 14 year old? If they implemented the right tools, you wouldn't even have to listen to him (muting player, parental controls etc.)

Once again, this is a feature that SHOULD be expected, because every other console has voice chat capabilities online in this generation (including the DS -- a handheld). You say I'm picky? LOL. If we all had your mindset we'd still be searching for the wheel.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
^ Dead on correct. There was a point, and this just shows we were ready for ANY SITUATION. Better prepared for the best/worst, then not at all, and better safe then sorry. ;)

It wasn't for nothing. If you ask me, we should send it to Nintendo anyways, showing our "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection" Brawl support, and our happiness. You know, to show our appreciation! :)

well the for nothing was not said ina abd way... just to point out that we were all paranoid but in the end it was gong to be online sin elong time ago!.

But of course.. how we could be sure1!!... because of that im glad that this effort was in vain!. Just imagine anotherreality: that in fact tghe game was not going to have online and they were thinking to leave it out until they saw some of ours petitons , but it was alreayd too late!.

I definitely prefer our actual position than that one ;)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I don't know why I'm bothering... these internet debates never go anywhere. You've just reiterated your previous argument, which was that "voice chat is not required". No ****. Did I not just totally agree with you on that? I said it's an added feature that's there to enhance game play, and should be an option to anyone who wants it. If you can't handle the trash talk of a 14 year old, choose not to wear the headset. Simple, no? Are you following me here? You're a big boy, you can choose whether or not to subject yourself to their insults, or perhaps take them like a man, the same way we should be able to choose to have the ability to talk to whoever the hell we want online. Here's what you do: find some friends that you know and trust, who won't hurt your fragile feelings, and talk to them. Does that sound reasonable? You say you prefer to do your socializing outside of video game time.. well I suppose that's your preference. I can do both. I enjoy playing games more in the company of friends. What an outlandish concept! Are you saying I shouldn't have the right to do that because people like you don't know how to deal with a 14 year old? If they implemented the right tools, you wouldn't even have to listen to him (muting player, parental controls etc.)

Once again, this is a feature that SHOULD be expected, because every other console has voice chat capabilities online in this generation (including the DS -- a handheld). You say I'm picky? LOL. If we all had your mindset we'd still be searching for the wheel.
Yeesh!! Hate to be on ur bad side!! haha

slevin

Smash Apprentice
umm

YOU GOT OWNED

NeoFalconHavok

Smash Cadet
Including online doesn't mean nintendo cares about their hardcore audience. It's majorly to get more money from it.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
hells yea lol

i hate how peiple are saying that litle kids talking ruined xbox live im giving you 3 tutorials how to stop that.

tut 1
Step 1 DONT WEAR THE HEAD SET!!!

Tut 2
Step 1 look at the part of the headset with the volume ajustment.
step 2 turn it low

Tut 3 (this is my fave one)
Step 1. Go to players list
Step 2. Select the player 14Yearold
Step 3. Hit Mute

ITS THAT SIMPLE zomg

thats how most of us roll

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Yes, Wiseguy, you are paranoid. And this just goes to show that my image from the Nintendo conference on one of the first pages was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom