• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SmashDash!!] - I HAVE BRAWL! YES, A DELAY :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Why did he sound disappointed when he said Olimar D:
needs moar enthusiasm

Well, duh. "Its the Pilot Racer we all wanted, its CAPTAIN F-..Olimar..."

Because its exciting to have Captain Falcon in the game, and Olimar isn't really the type of character normal men would want in Brawl. Yay, a second Ice Climbers! No, thanks, I want Falcon.

BigK

Smash Rookie
I think both myself and second, about 3-4 pages back, have stated:

"Some of it was direct rips from David's voice acting, other than that, it wasn't David."
Sorry guys, but the show isn't exactly super popular that David Hayter would want to be on a show where he's getting nothing out of it.
Now that the activation code has finally reached my e-mail, address, I can settle the David Hayter business. Hehe, I'm not sure why Hayter is credited in the end, but to answer all your questions folks, I was the guy who voiced for Solid Snake. "TheBigK."

I didn't use any voice edits, or rip any voice bits from videos, it was all directly from the horses mouth, and that horse would be me...hehe. Truth be told, I'm best known for my voice as Solid Snake in the CPO series, and in various other places. I am able to inflict my speech so that I can mimic the way Hayter pronounces words and letters, and can basically pull off the Snake voice like a charm. Only problem is, I use a laptop and a crappy mic, so the quality of my voice has to make up for the God awful static you hear in the back, like in these two vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP0SGAyY9Cc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKI9Serq9xQ

Glad y'all liked it, I was certainly glad to get the part, and God I loved the Olimar bit. "Captain Fal-Olimar." Haha, great stuff.

Honestly, Episode 9 was great, and I can't wait to see episode 10.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Now that the activation code has finally reached my e-mail, address, I can settle the David Hayter business. Hehe, I'm not sure why Hayter is credited in the end, but to answer all your questions folks, I was the guy who voiced for Solid Snake. "TheBigK."

I didn't use any voice edits, or rip any voice bits from videos, it was all directly from the horses mouth, and that horse would be me...hehe. Truth be told, I'm best known for my voice as Solid Snake in the CPO series, and in various other places. I am able to inflict my speech so that I can mimic the way Hayter pronounces words and letters, and can basically pull off the Snake voice like a charm. Only problem is, I use a laptop and a crappy mic, so the quality of my voice has to make up for the God awful static you hear in the back, like in these two vids:

Glad y'all liked it, I was certainly glad to get the part, and God I loved the Olimar bit. "Captain Fal-Olimar." Haha, great stuff.

Hey man. Thanks for lending your voice to me, it was a real pleasure using it. And I already made a post regarding the David Hayter posts, but people don't look back pages. :p

I guess these are huge compliments for you! :)

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman

Your ability to mimic astounds me. o.o

Kudos to you for being so dang awesome!

And kudos to Smash Dash for making the sticky! Best recap show since SMYN!

Frogla

Smash Ace
At least you get a sticky on the last week anyone is going to care about the dojo updates.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
2nd after hearing your voice I got scared... you sound like my friend whos name is Callum but his last name is Hayes and hes like 5 years younger then you but you sound like a older version of him... are you by any chance from England or are your Parents?

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I really enjoy your take on the weekly updates. I was curiuos about what plans you have for once Brawl is released. Regardless of what you were doing, I was wondering if you would be open to the idea of creating a similar style video that explains the process of my tournament series ( the link is in my sig). Online play is clearly going to require more input from individuals and require them to follow certain procedures for any sort of organiziation. I am confident that smash dash could produce an awesome and clear video that demonstrates exactly what is expected and necessary for players to compete in the tournament. Thank you.... awaiting next episode.

AlreadyAway

Smash Rookie
I am of two minds on todays announcement because I want an amazing game that is tournament worthy, but this is the second delay. it is getting ridiculous the first delay was by two months now this is one month. would it be better for the company to not announce when the game is going to be released until the game is finalized or is pushing the date back acceptable?

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Yep, Sheik's not a potato anymore. :-)

Though I'm not crazy for the character herself, it's still good to see another veteran return. And Sheik's design is pretty cool-looking this time around, even if it isn't quite the same style as Twilight Princess-based Zelda.
Here's hoping that the Zelda/Sheik transformation is a bit more balanced this time around.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, it's quite obvious now that Sheik... is a her. ....maphrodite.

If you need any more cheesy puns, just ask, I'm sure I can come up with at least three more.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Okay, so who else noticed Sheik's new short sword? If you listen closely, you can hear Sigmund Freud laughing in his grave.

And... finally...

...err...

.......... ..........

Sheik.

Bless you.

I am prepared for the punishment for my actions, even if it means committing sheipukku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom