• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashCAP 4: Name Submissions

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
[SmashCAP 4]
Start date: 8/1/10
End date: --/--/--
Concept: Sunnyside Up
Type: Grass / Dragon
Ability: Solar Power / Thick Fat
Base Stats: 65 / 67 / 77 / 135 / 77 / 124

Terywj said:
Concept: Sunnyside Up
Analysis: Face it. Sunny Day sucks in the OU metagame. Sandstorm has Tyranitar, and benefits a bunch of appropriate Pokemon. Hail has Abomasnow and to a lesser extent Walrein, Froslass, and Mamoswine. Rain became a dominant force by Kingdra itself, and not only that but there are more viable sweepers under the Rain such as Kabutops and Ludicolo, etc. The problem with Sunny Day is that the benefits are just too wrongly distributed. Grass-types who through Cholorphyll benefit the most from Sunny Day and Solarbeam are absolutely murdered by the 50% boost in Fire-type attacks. The Fire-type Pokemon who enjoy the said boost will also gain a 50% resistance to Water-type attacks, but lack the Speed increase. How could we craft such a Pokemon so that it gains the benefits of Sunny Day, while keeping it viable in the metagame?
Extra: Taking note, this is basically a "Kingdra in the Sun" concept. A Pokemon who through typing, ability, and stats would be able to fully abuse the weather and benefits of Sunny Day.

Short and simple: we're now onto Name Submissions for our SmashCAP 4. We've gone through this three times already so everyone knows what to do and what not to do, in a sense.

Final submissions will be due within a specified date. For now, let's go!

Riddle

Smash Lord
Quag sire
Scaleaf? Idk I can't come up with anything.
What an awesome name, I can't believe Game Freak hasnt used it yet.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Soldraco (Soul-drawk-oh or Soul-dray-co if youd prefer)? Scaleaf (Scay-leaf)? Dracoleaf/Dragoleaf?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Inkamodon

Inti is the sun god and the most important god of the Inca (Inka) civilization, and modon is from Komodo, because FF's pic reminds me of one (komodo DRAGON HURHURHUR).

XACE-K

Smash Master
I typed "solar panel dragon" in google translate and read it in various languages. The one I liked best was Panarego which is the shortened version of the phrase in Italian (panello solare drago). And yes, my method isn't really original.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh god anyone who submits a name with "Draco" or "Sol" or any variation is ****ing uncreative

UberMario

Smash Master
-Solaurus (Solar + Saurus)
-Aublade (Aubade + Blade)
-Apollosaur (Apollo + Saur)
and my favorite [that I've made]:

-Baskilisk (Bask [in the sun] + Basilisk, a real lizard that is so fast it can run on water)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Let's just call it Lamborghini Gallardo and be done with it. It's not like you guys can think up a better name anyway.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I liked the name Calderan because it wasn't just the combination of two plain words. I like Grazulon and Panarego, but Baskilisk is also a good one. Baskilisk sounds like something Gamefreak would do :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Azulon also exists in Grazulon which makes it sound even more interesting. ^^

I might stick with that as my final submission. I'll try and come up with some more ideas.

ss118

Smash Master
Sorry for double post, but I wanted to put up some of my ideas.

Drakiakos - Drako is greek for dragon and the iakos comes from some word that meansr solar

Drakilios - same but the ilios comes from sun now

My GF wanted me to put up "Lumis", because solar energy is measured in Lumens and it's very simple.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Firus and I came up with Heliodra (helios + dragon) and Lacertios (Lacerta means lizard in latin + helios).

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Rekkishingeki

wait.....

rekikikishishimi

no...

i got it:
rele***on

woww....my name can't be put on here cause it has the short word for a bundle of sticks

so i'm renaming it:

relefegon

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
How about let's stop pretending that Baskilisk isn't going to win.

:p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well to be fair there was like the four people who liked it. :p
And it's not a final submission yet.

Anyways I'll just go ahead with Grazulon as my final submission, but according to UltiMario I shouldn't bother. Oh well. I still want to participate.

ss118

Smash Master
Drakiakos
-the "Drak" part comes from the greek word meaning Dragon and the "iakos" comes from the word meaning solar.

Final submission.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
In the event that UberMario doesn't manage to come back to this thread before it gets locked, I'll make Baskilisk my final submission; credit goes to him if it wins though.

This is more of a potential favor to the person with the most popular name than anything else. It'd be stupid for him to get gayed out for something as silly as not calling it a final submission.

...if he comes in and claims it though, then it's not my final submission. You know, because that'd be dumb of me.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Panarego (prounounced pan-are-ray-go if anyone wants to know how to say it) will be my final submission. I couldn't think of anything better.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Alright then. Coolio. :3

I'm trying to decide between Hyphnir and Fafner for my final submission. :\ One's supposed to be a mix of Hyperion (titan of burning light) and Fafnir (the dragon slain by Sigurd whose blood gave invulnerability), and the other is basically just Fafnir misspelled.

Lame, but I couldn't think of anything better. :\

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Fine then, Hyphnir is my final submission. :3

Not like I'll win anyway, but hey, it's worth a shot.

Top Bottom