• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashCAP 4: Name Poll-Tooie

SmashCAP 4 name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacel

Smash Lord
[SmashCAP 4]
Start date: 8/1/10
End date: --/--/--
Concept: Sunnyside Up
Type: Grass / Dragon
Ability: Solar Power / Thick Fat
Base Stats: 65 / 67 / 77 / 135 / 77 / 124

Somebody said:
Concept: Sunnyside Up
Analysis: Face it. Sunny Day sucks in the OU metagame. Sandstorm has Tyranitar, and benefits a bunch of appropriate Pokemon. Hail has Abomasnow and to a lesser extent Walrein, Froslass, and Mamoswine. Rain became a dominant force by Kingdra itself, and not only that but there are more viable sweepers under the Rain such as Kabutops and Ludicolo, etc. The problem with Sunny Day is that the benefits are just too wrongly distributed. Grass-types who through Cholorphyll benefit the most from Sunny Day and Solarbeam are absolutely murdered by the 50% boost in Fire-type attacks. The Fire-type Pokemon who enjoy the said boost will also gain a 50% resistance to Water-type attacks, but lack the Speed increase. How could we craft such a Pokemon so that it gains the benefits of Sunny Day, while keeping it viable in the metagame?
Extra: Taking note, this is basically a "Kingdra in the Sun" concept. A Pokemon who through typing, ability, and stats would be able to fully abuse the weather and benefits of Sunny Day.
Vote for the best suited name. No exceptions. No regrets.
Last name poll for SmashCAP 4.
Poll closes in approximately 15 seconds. Quick! Vote now!
Poll closes in 24 hours.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Baskilisk

There were like only two other ones that were any decent other than this and neither of the ones in the poll were them.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I'm really disappointed that I didn't get to submit either Heliodra or Lacertios due to the ridiculously short amount of time to get in a final submission and the fact that I am on vacation. I'm upset that Baskilisk is going to win, since I feel its a rather silly pun and since I don't think the art looks much like a basilisk at all.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I'm kinda with Riddle. I don't think Baskilisk fits, not just for the artwork like he said, but also for the combination of stats and what comes to mind when I see "bask." It makes me think of not moving, or at least not wanting to, which seems to contradict the speed we've given this.

Now that I think of it, Grazulon doesn't necessarily fit too well either, but too late now.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Lets vote for Heliodra/Lacertios instead! Oh wait, we can't because I didn't get enough time to submit them :(.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm upset that Baskilisk is going to win, since I feel its a rather silly pun and since I don't think the art looks much like a basilisk at all.
It kind of has a vague, unintended resemblance to the basilisk lizard:

It's fast enough to run on water (which matches SmashCAP's speed) and early on, I intended to give it a big spine on its back that looks like the one on the real life lizard.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
It's fast enough to run on water (which matches SmashCAP's speed) and early on, I intended to give it a big spine on its back that looks like the one on the real life lizard.
Actually, if you changed the solar panel wings to a solar panel spine, I think the sprite might look better anyway.

Now that I can picture it, at least.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The panels are the same size and look like a spine anyways. If they were wings the farther one would look smaller :3

UberMario

Smash Master
I think they appear angled a bit to each other [similarlly to partially opened wings], rather than one behind the other. If you notice the one to the right is more slanted and slightly larger than the one to the left, besides, it makes more sense for them to be angled like that rather than a spine facing straight up. (Since a solar panel facing on it's side doesn't do too much, it works better when facing upwards at least somewhat like the two in the picture seem to)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah, Ubermario's right; the two panels are more like wings and are supposed to be facing upwards, because like he said, it gets more sun that way. I'll probably draw another picture with a different pose; it's supposed to be able to stand on its hind legs too. :)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Baskilisk has won the Name Poll! Congratulations to UberMario for his winning submission!

Requesting a lock. Next up are the spritng and movepool stages. Hopefully they'll both be up tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom