• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashbros.com ...Spoiling Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
For all of you who go on smashbros.com(including myself), do u think it's spoiling the suprises in brawl? If i may, i would like to relate this to PokemonDiamond and Pearl. MY friends and i spent all our time onlint looking at updates about it, then when it came out, we already knew all about it. it too the suprise out of it, and it wasn't as good because of it. I keep trying not to look up Brawl updates, but i always wind up checking anyway >.< so does any1 agree that smashbros.com will take the suprise out of smash? im not sayin "BURN THE SITE!" m just saying, "Look at your own risk"

bored

Smash Ace
No.. because the updates are being revealed by the creator.. Pokemon D/P came out in Japan before the US so you probably went to Serebii.net every single day getting all the info about it..

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
No.. because the updates are being revealed by the creator.. Pokemon D/P came out in Japan before the US so you probably went to Serebii.net every single day getting all the info about it..
YOU ARE CORRECT SIR. Although, i am not getting how the fact that the creator reveals the updates makes it much different. my point remains that we are finding things out in advance, and they won't be new to us later. if that's what u want, then go ahead and get it, but i like a supise in a much-anticipated game such as this.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
If they released to me all the information about Brawl, it wouldn't spoil the game for me. Yeah, it would spoil some of the surprise, but it's a freakin fighting game. It's not as if the multiplayer isn't enjoyable if I know the plotline behind the Subspace Emissary. So take into account that this information only spoils some of the surprise that we would have the first day we get the game.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This thread has been made before. Expect to get flamed if the wrong people bother finding this thread.

Anyway, I agree with you. I realize that the updates only spoil you if you bother looking at them, or this site. But, I think it's a bit of a shame that I might have to leave this board just to keep from seeing things I don't want to see. I WANT to know about Brawl—the only thing I don't want spoiled are secret characters. I wish Sakurai would just keep a lid on those until the game comes out.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
I do kind of worry about it but I don't think that they will give away EVERYTHING...plus the surprise is going to be the same if you play the game or read it on the site. Also the real fun is how they will play

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I don't think it's very spoiling to me.

Seeing that they reveal a lot of things most people don't wanna see, such as items.
Well, I see the updates as continuations. Like the Special Attacks updates, note how they only show two of the 4 special attacks?

I see them continuing it later on, and just adding little bits. I'm just guessing that with the many updates left, I do expect maybe 5-7 characters. And because they've shown Metaknight, Snake, and Peach in clips/images. expect 9-15 updates about those characters. This means we're looking at the character update, Special attacks update, Final Smash update, and a possible stage.

Not spoiling at all if I couldn't just guess based on other updates.
Just like the Pokeball and Assist Trophies, I figured, since those items were a part of the updates, expect more assist trophies, and more pokeball pokemon.

Well said?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I do kind of worry about it but I don't think that they will give away EVERYTHING...plus the surprise is going to be the same if you play the game or read it on the site. Also the real fun is how they will play
I argee. If you don't want to get suprised, don't go the website and stay away from the SSBB forums. Oh, and use the search function next time.

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
man i wasn't sayin it was gonna spoil the GAME. see, when i played melee, and i started unlocking people, it was awesome cuz i thought "Wow, MEWTWO???" i just think it'll take away from that kind of thing if we find out about most/all of the chars and stages b4 the game is released.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
man i wasn't sayin it was gonna spoil the GAME. see, when i played melee, and i started unlocking people, it was awesome cuz i thought "Wow, MEWTWO???" i just think it'll take away from that kind of thing if we find out about most/all of the chars and stages b4 the game is released.

I believe the characters shown now, will be already selectable.

twins506

Smash Rookie
i think that as long as they keep the extra characters, stages and features a sercret then it should not be spoiled for me. revealing the stock characters levels, and features like the site has done so far has just gotten me more hyped. i just hope it continues like this and doesn't begin to reveal secret content.

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
yeah. on that subject, when ike was revealed, it said on top of his update "New challenger aproaching". did it say that for wario, pit, etc.? and also, qtf happened to metaknight?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
From the looks of it, it might. That's why I suggest not to go there if you don't want to be spoiled of characters, stages, items, etc.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
YOU ARE CORRECT SIR. Although, i am not getting how the fact that the creator reveals the updates makes it much different. my point remains that we are finding things out in advance, and they won't be new to us later. if that's what u want, then go ahead and get it, but i like a supise in a much-anticipated game such as this.
It's different, because with this they can decide exactly which bits of information to give us, and Sakurai is obviously trying to keep the unlockable and hidden stuff from us; or else we'd seen more of everything by now, mostly through screenshots (because right now they intentionally keep unknown things out of screenshots; as time goes by and more stuff gets revealed, we've seen more stuff in screenshots such as characters and stages).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I believe that the only character that's been shown that is unlockable is Snake. Why do I say that? Sakurai said that third party characters will be unlockable.

Saying that Metaknight and Ike will be unlockable is pushing it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I believe that the only character that's been shown that is unlockable is Snake. Why do I say that? Sakurai said that third party characters will be unlockable.

I'd say Metaknight is pushing it, yeah. Just because his profile isn't up yet doesn't mean he's a secret character.

But the "WARNING! Challenger approaching!" thing attached to Ike's update is certainly something to be concerned about.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice

The only reason I think Metaknight will be unlockable is because of the fact that he hasn't been shown on the site yet. Also wasn't there something Sakurai said that everything would be said on that site? I hope that means after the US release or even after the EU release

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd say Metaknight is pushing it, yeah. Just because his profile isn't up yet doesn't mean he's a secret character.

But the "WARNING! Challenger approaching!" thing attached to Ike's update is certainly something to be concerned about.
Still there's the possibility that is because he's the first character that's been shown on the site first.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Still there's the possibility that is because he's the first character that's been shown on the site first.
Yessss, the possibilities.

Seeing that all characters on the melee box art, (i just went to go check. XD i have melee on currently) are indeed confirmed. If Ike is shown, this just stirs us up. Basically what Sakurai wants.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This is what I'm hoping.

But I fear that may be wishful thinking.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The only reason I think Metaknight will be unlockable is because of the fact that he hasn't been shown on the site yet. Also wasn't there something Sakurai said that everything would be said on that site? I hope that means after the US release or even after the EU release
Metaknight is shown on like every day's updates in the pictures.

It seems rather silly that he would show him in every update, but then him be an unlockable, I don't know...

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
If the updates do begin to talk about secret characters it will make everything easier for unlocking them once I run out of ways to unlock the characters (like when melee was out I couldn't figure out how to unlock Mewtwo).

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
After seeing that picture of Ike, I wanted to main him. Anyways, the info at Smash Dojo doesn't kill my joy. As a matter of fact, it makes me look forward to playing the game.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
You still don't know HOW to get the characters, and it'll will be fun to figure out how to get all of them.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This is kinda getting off topic, basing on what's been said.

Get on topic?

Has it been spoiling for any of you?
Not yet, but if we get too many more "Ikes", it might.

If Ike's a secret character, I'm cool with it. He hyped me up more than he made me feel spoiled. But if we get more before the game is released, then I'll start to feel spoiled.

And I'd prefer not to have to leave the forum just to keep that from happening.

You still don't know HOW to get the characters, and it'll will be fun to figure out how to get all of them.
Not NEARLY as much fun as not knowing who they are in the first place. Because then, you get a character you never saw coming, and you might not even know why (Mewtwo was such a shock to me, I could hardly contain myself. It was just messing around with my friend and suddenly "CHALLENGER APPROACHING!". It was amazing)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, I just hope Sakurai leaves the biggest and best secret characters for us to discover.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Would a random Sonic update get more spoils or hype to you guys?
For me, more hype, but he's kind of an exception, because he's one that lots of people could see being in. If I see Sonic, I'll be ecstatic, but I'd also basically leave the internet for the remaining period of time before Brawl comes out, because I'll know the secret characters are starting to be revealed. I'd want to keep off beat characters like Olimar (or whoever) a secret.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
As I said in my first post, we have about 80 posts left. (I know 80 isn't exact.)

Seeing what's been updated....

I don't think it's very spoiling to me.

Seeing that they reveal a lot of things most people don't wanna see, such as items.
Well, I see the updates as continuations. Like the Special Attacks updates, note how they only show two of the 4 special attacks?

I see them continuing it later on, and just adding little bits. I'm just guessing that with the many updates left, I do expect maybe 5-7 characters. And because they've shown Metaknight, Snake, and Peach in clips/images. expect 9-15 updates about those characters. This means we're looking at the character update, Special attacks update, Final Smash update, and a possible stage.

Not spoiling at all if I couldn't just guess based on other updates.
Just like the Pokeball and Assist Trophies, I figured, since those items were a part of the updates, expect more assist trophies, and more pokeball pokemon.

Well said?

Don'tcha think maybe more than 50% of future updates may be expected?

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
For me, there isn't much fun in unlocking characters. I'd be just as happy, if not more so, if all of the characters and stages were selectable from the start. I don't care about unlocking the characters, I just want to play them.

With all of that said, it sure isn't spoiling it for me. I'm hoping Sakurai reveals every character before the game comes out. I wouldn't be hurt if he didn't though.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
I check the dojo everyday, and i dont feel spoiled. Even if everything was revealed there, well, we will end up unlocking everything anyway

And even if u manage to get to dec 3 without knowing anything, chances are that u will hear from a friend or read accidentally who the secret characters and stages are. like in melee, im guessing most people found out mewtwo was in there before unlocking it by themselves

Actually if they stop updating the site, itd be ok, as long as they keep giving important information, such as the release date, or online/offline game, and such. I would be ok if the just all of a sudden give us a video, lilke when melee came out, thats all what we got, and i guess it was enough for everyone

Anyway, i dont think Sakurai will show everything, he will keep the best stuff hidden

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
For me, there isn't much fun in unlocking characters. I'd be just as happy, if not more so, if all of the characters and stages were selectable from the start. I don't care about unlocking the characters, I just want to play them.

With all of that said, it sure isn't spoiling it for me. I'm hoping Sakurai reveals every character before the game comes out. I wouldn't be hurt if he didn't though.
People like you baffle me. I find it so strange that you don't mind the mystery being ruined for you (though, I guess in your case "ruined" wouldn't really be the appropriate word).

Do you mind at all when someone tells you the ending of a movie or a book? I'm just curious.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Spoiling or not, the occasional big update is a way to keep hype up and make sure you have more than just us fanatics watching the release date. Ike's announcement warranted its own article on about a quarter of the gaming websites in existence. Sonic's announcement would create an article on every website that even mentions gaming, and all of this increases the number of people eagerly anticipating December 3.

Those articles are also the reason that you don't have a non-spoiler option unless you adopt a "no internet" policy.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Well one way to save some suprises is to go onto smashbrawl.com and check out the updates there. One there they're doing is not showing new characters. Like if a update has Ike in a screenshot, they will say something warning newcomer in update or something like that. So if you want to save the suprise until December then check out smashbrawl. But i'm sure you'll see the character somewhere on the intetnet. But the best way to not ruin the suprise is well, don't go onto any gaming sites. Because sure enough at least one of them will say ' In this week's updat on smash dojo Newcomer Ike revealed.

That would be impossible for me to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom