• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBowl, Congrats Equi!

DanteSmash7

Smash Apprentice
Haha, no items? It takes more skill to use items than it doesn't. More stuff coming at you. Plus the items are randomly generated. Those who don't play with items are handicap.

A. You need to know what Item you are using and how to use it.
B. Smash Balls consist of you having to obtain it, the other player doesn't need to let you have it.
C. That game allows you to doge and roll for that very purpose.

Overall, fighting a good player. Correction a great player which are rare. The ability to use items correctly.
At the same time you will always have those who will require a handicap.

lostsoul5673

Smash Apprentice
well, okay(you would die with toon link slashin at you anyways), i got a tourny tree up.. its basic though...

lostsoul5673

Smash Apprentice
nope, none at all... five minutes is what you get, or can you change options on friend battle?

lostsoul5673

Smash Apprentice
nvm the bottom brcket, i had a hard time understanding it too, ill make double emlinin in the second round...

MLG Masa

Smash Cadet
Haha, no items? It takes more skill to use items than it doesn't. More stuff coming at you. Plus the items are randomly generated. Those who don't play with items are handicap.

A. You need to know what Item you are using and how to use it.
B. Smash Balls consist of you having to obtain it, the other player doesn't need to let you have it.
C. That game allows you to doge and roll for that very purpose.

Overall, fighting a good player. Correction a great player which are rare. The ability to use items correctly.
At the same time you will always have those who will require a handicap.
Yes items put randomization in the game thats why they arent used in tournament play. Losing a match because a heart or maxim tomato spawned next to your opponent doesnt mean they have more skill. Luck is what it is. Without items the games are leaning towards the most skillful player wins, but that doesnt mean that will be the case all the time. I'm sure people have had their character trip in the middle of a game and lose because of it.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Great point MLG, thats what i wanted to sat but was too lazy lol anyways lets get this tournament on the road, I ready and up for it

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I dont think its too late but im not sure since he originally said only 15 players, and he said the tourney will start at 12 PM so hopefully he ill get online soon

Equi

Smash Ace
What are you talking about? How can you have a tournament with only 15 players?

lol

I'm already in the bracket so I'm pretty sure I'll still be in. But thanks for the heads up anyway.

lostsoul5673

Smash Apprentice
no, sorry bout late notice but since people asked, i made it 20 people... next time it will be more!
its 10:25 Central Time right now... dont you love suspense!

Black Jinjo

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.. I'm at Equi's house, if we just use the same FC to fight people with, I won't have to drop out right. Would that work for you lostsoul? My FC would be the same as Equis and we can just fight each other like normal if we have to.

vapblack

Smash Cadet
can't wait

what happens if the person we are fighting lags like hell? lag pisses me off badly:mad:

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
OMG lol i gota go agsint brawl pro T_T wow in the first match too. w.e . pm me ur FC brawlpro and ill giv u mines

lostsoul5673

Smash Apprentice
well... its 10:55... i cant wait either... but suspense is great!
yeah, if the person lags... next time ill put a rule of min connection speed, mine isnt TOO fast but it causes no lag at 120 kb/s, and down to 60 kb/s it still does sort of good, so deal with it here, next time you must submit your connection speed, if you dont' someone will do a quick check to see how much it lag...

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
so are we doing them one match at a time, or all at once? and how many stocks? and stage? Final Destination? Battle Field?

vapblack

Smash Cadet
Also, you can have a great connection but not have open ports and you will lag like hell.

lostsoul5673

Smash Apprentice
yeah, time limit, people just dodge and take their advantage of sudden death... stock is 3, no time, no items, and on Final Destination... every friend cept uGameiWatch's is on the front post... im bored too... i would start the tourny... but i cant...
ill have a practice round maybe... im bored...

vapblack

Smash Cadet
re: stages

I think any stage is fine, only ones that have assistance should be banned (Toon link, pikmin the pokemon one with dialga...etc)

lostsoul5673

Smash Apprentice
yeah.. toon link ftw! backflips work... some ike guy ran off the edge when i did that
(oops, didnt mean to double post..)
sorry... i was doing a cd factory trick and i forgot to put all items off.. oops...

lostsoul5673

Smash Apprentice
yeah.. power, but not speed... that ike double ko was an accident, i was trying to recover! i think ill stick with toony until i improve with ike!

Top Bottom