• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Update

Hey everyone! Thanks for sitting tight during our extended maintenance this morning. We've made a number of upgrades to the site, some of which you can see detailed below. As a side effect of this upgrade, the entire forum skin had to be rebuilt from scratch. If you see or notice anything that looks strange or broken, please let Warchamp7 Warchamp7 know in the comments below or in a forum PM!

Most notable Changes:

- Various mobile browsing improvements
- The Navigation Bar will now stick to the page as you scroll. An option to disable this functionality may be added
- You can now multi-quote posts
- You can now highlight text in a post and quote it in a reply or add it to your multi-quote
- Tag users in profile posts or profile post comments
- You can now specific a specific number of options a user can select in a poll
- You can now allow voters to change their vote
- You can limit results of a poll to only be viewable by those that have voted
- You can not add a poll to an existing thread
- Posts now have an indicator in the top left if the user is online
- User titles based on posts is now built in instead of an add on
- Smiley categories are now built in instead of an add on
- Spoilers are now built in instead of an add on (Note: Usage of [collapse] is no longer supported. We're looking into a solution for this)

This update also brings with it a number of improvements to the tools available to our moderators and admins, so keep up the good behaviour, or else!

Warchamp7

Comments

There's something that's really irked me for a while now. Would it be possible to stop spoilers from splitting up -- some of them often empty -- when they're too long, or is that an inherent flaw in Xenforo?

You know what Smashboards needs? A friends list option. In a community for people willing to get together and play smash, I can't believe this website doesn't have a friends list.

Seems pretty sweet so far.
Small world since I used to watch Team aVo, then years later discover how much of a role Warchamp has had for Smashboards.

Nice job! Only one thing missing: I wish there was a way to delete duplicate posts. Yesterday, my internet was being stupid and it posted one of my posts twice. A solution would be legit.

Nice job! Only one thing missing: I wish there was a way to delete duplicate posts. Yesterday, my internet was being stupid and it posted one of my posts twice. A solution would be legit.
I think mods can, but everyone having the power to delete posts would be counterproductive to good conversations since this is a forum; if someone is proved wrong about something, they should have to be humble enough to fess up about making a mistake and actually learn something instead of just deleting their post and preventing themselves and anyone else looking through that thread from learning.

I think mods can, but everyone having the power to delete posts would be counterproductive to good conversations since this is a forum; if someone is proved wrong about something, they should have to be humble enough to fess up about making a mistake and actually learn something instead of just deleting their post and preventing themselves and anyone else looking through that thread from learning.
Good point. Perhaps not a thing average users can do, but maybe a thing where you can put a post you want to delete on a page viewable by any mod, and those that are online could quickly check on that page and see the post you've made and delete it.

Last edited:
Warchamp7 Warchamp7 love the new mobile UI!! Super slick. One thing I have noticed though is the lack of user info (that usually appear under the avatar in a post), and the lack of signatures. I can agree that it helps keep the interface looking cleaner, but main icons don't show up when you tap user names/avatars for the popup with more info. Could we maybe have an option added to the personal details options to toggle main icons / all user info / signatures for mobile?

The notification and messages tab are bad colours... They pop out more when I don't have a notification than when I do. That makes me want to cry.

When you get an alert in the light theme, there isn't that different colored background that appears behind the unchecked alerts (after hovering over the flag). Tested on mobile

D
Smashboards should get an app.
As much as it'd be a nice thing to have, I think the mobile website should be enough. Nintendo of America would probably C&D the application if it were to be uploaded on something such as the Play Store.. at least, that's what's on my mind right now.

That being said, I do think the mobile version of the site needs some improvements.

Last edited by a moderator:
I officially hate this update. I cannot even create an event on the mobile version. It keeps Making the text stop mid sentance and jt opens any add on the site. Im on ios using chrome. Its annoying. Trying to creat an even for this thursday. Sorry i am just really irritated at the fact that i have to re write the post.

Top Bottom