• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Update

Hey everyone! Thanks for sitting tight during our extended maintenance this morning. We've made a number of upgrades to the site, some of which you can see detailed below. As a side effect of this upgrade, the entire forum skin had to be rebuilt from scratch. If you see or notice anything that looks strange or broken, please let Warchamp7 Warchamp7 know in the comments below or in a forum PM!

Most notable Changes:

- Various mobile browsing improvements
- The Navigation Bar will now stick to the page as you scroll. An option to disable this functionality may be added
- You can now multi-quote posts
- You can now highlight text in a post and quote it in a reply or add it to your multi-quote
- Tag users in profile posts or profile post comments
- You can now specific a specific number of options a user can select in a poll
- You can now allow voters to change their vote
- You can limit results of a poll to only be viewable by those that have voted
- You can not add a poll to an existing thread
- Posts now have an indicator in the top left if the user is online
- User titles based on posts is now built in instead of an add on
- Smiley categories are now built in instead of an add on
- Spoilers are now built in instead of an add on (Note: Usage of [collapse] is no longer supported. We're looking into a solution for this)

This update also brings with it a number of improvements to the tools available to our moderators and admins, so keep up the good behaviour, or else!

Warchamp7

Comments

Warchamp7 Warchamp7 Just noticed that notifications on the light theme have white text in them. You cannot read who replied or what thread they replied to. The other text is a bit on the light side as well. Don't ignore the light theme :)

Yeah. I just don't like the look.
I see...
I understand mobile Chrome on my phone really adds up a lot of space, and it will made my phone's CPU really hot. Sometimes my Chrome just black out and go back to home screen after it loads Smashboards for a long time, especially on the threads that are long. And keyboards on my phone just disappears for no reason when I'm typing. This is why I rarely use my phone when checking Smashboards.

I will check once again tomorrow, if it's still slow, it will probably just be my phone.

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses the light theme. This is probably something they had to touch up when they first added it in. I just want to take the opportunity while Warchamp is actively fixing themes to get this looked at. Thanks

D
Good job to everybody who worked on the update, it looks sick! =D

Look, of it's so useless why do they still have it? I shouldn't have to defend my choice of theme any more than the next person..

And with the new font, there goes my ASCII Monado...

Don't think there's any other ASCII on the whole site though, except for copy and pasted reaction texts and silly one liners or stick figures. heh

Funny thing about this new font is only some of the textual characters seem to be different. Maybe I could patch it up?

Well, we'll see. Might just make a new one. Or something :p

Lost the flag on the mobile platform. Kind of a big deal to me considering that is the feature I use 80-90% of the time I read these forums

Lost the flag on the mobile platform. Kind of a big deal to me considering that is the feature I use 80-90% of the time I read these forums
I really do think this is a big point. We've gotta be able to check replies to threads without a lot of hassle (without going through a bunch of menus). This ought to go for the half-page issue too IMO.

Any chance we can buy premium without having to use PayPal in the future? I can't exactly use it and I've been wanting to change my username for the longest time.

So...
Are Page-Up and Page-Down working for anyone else?

It seems to be only moving by the height of the 'Stalker-bar' for me...

- Windows 7
- Firefox build 40.0.3
- PgUp/PgDn functionality working everywhere except Smashboards

Tagging Warchamp7 Warchamp7 since you seem to be in charge of some of this stuff - thanks!

So...
Are Page-Up and Page-Down working for anyone else?

It seems to be only moving by the height of the 'Stalker-bar' for me...

- Windows 7
- Firefox build 40.0.3
- PgUp/PgDn functionality working everywhere except Smashboards

Tagging Warchamp7 Warchamp7 since you seem to be in charge of some of this stuff - thanks!
Warchamp fixed my request very quickly. He's definitely down in the trenches at the moment, I'm sure it's on his radar now. Worry not :)

Last edited:
Site looks even more slick than before. I am really enjoying the updates! A lot better on mobile, too.

Last edited:
Those changes made to poll management are nice. I won't have to create a new "Which DLCs did you buy" thread and lose all my data when the next Smash update releases.

Wait so I have to go through all my long ass threads and change all instances of collapse to spoiler, because you wanted to change the word collapse to spoiler?

I see...
I understand mobile Chrome on my phone really adds up a lot of space, and it will made my phone's CPU really hot. Sometimes my Chrome just black out and go back to home screen after it loads Smashboards for a long time, especially on the threads that are long. And keyboards on my phone just disappears for no reason when I'm typing. This is why I rarely use my phone when checking Smashboards.

I will check once again tomorrow, if it's still slow, it will probably just be my phone.
I'm using Chrome Beta... I think it's faster than Chrome itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom