• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Rulesets

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
That argument makes no sense the platforms are constantly moving and at times can be pretty far apart.
Hmm, allow me to rephrase. That's part of the problem for me. There are times when the platforms are practically stacked right on top of each other and I find them rather disruptive. Maybe I just don't have a very good W/L ratio on that stage and I'm biased :p

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Hopefully we get some benefiting stage selections and rules. What I hope:

Banning options on overpowered characters for each game.
New allowed stages for each game. Hopefully, one Zelda stage for each game is a neutral stage.
Set customization for Smash 4 characters so the roster would be balanced enough.

But then again, this is just my hopes. Probably not going to happen, but whatever. The set customization for SSB4 should happen, though.

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
I am so upset there are only 8 legal stages for brawl now...
As Smash Bros players we must do our best to have our games have the least amount of legal stages possible.

Maybe one day we will see an era where there are no stages. But one pioneering Smash Bros player must seek clarity far beyond what mortal man is able before such a time can come.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I assume that the 3DS version and Wii U games will be added seperately, correct?

infomon

Smash Scientist
Excellent, this needs to exist.

However, the rulesets need to link to discussion threads on each of their items. For example, the Brawl ruleset says:

Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
But it does not define the tactic. What does that mean? Is any cape extension allowed? Is there a way for the TO to know if the tactic has been used in a match?

So line-items need more explanation. But they also need justification. That will help the TOs justify them to their respective communities, and help guide decisions about any local modifications they might make. (I expect any justifying information to help the TOs agree with the smashboards rules, rather than making up their own beliefs about why X stage is banned and un-banning it, or vice-versa.)

Third, the discussion threads should be open so that TOs can ask questions or provide feedback about the rulesets and how they've played out in practice.

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
It might also help for the rulesets to provide the names / links of a few prominent successful tournaments that have used those rule lists. It would help promote their legitimacy.

| Big D |

Smash Master
If I'm not mistaken there is usually a rule against scrooging in Brawl?

The act of scrooging as defined by the Apex ruleset.

• No scrooging (player may travel under the stage only once from the ledge)
    • “Traveling under the stage once from the ledge” is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
    • When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage, the “no scrooging” rule does not apply.
    • The moving platform on Smashville or any platform that is not the main stage (Battlefield platforms, Castle Siege platforms, etc.) are considered to be equivalent to a ledge, i.e. if a player starts from the moving platform on one side of the stage and travels beneath the stage to the ledge/platform on the opposite side of the stage, the player may not travel beneath the stage back to the ledge/moving platform on the opposite side before until he lands back on the platform.
    • If a player is found to be performing the act of scrooging by a tournament organizer (by his/her discretion), the player will forfeit that match.

Top Bottom