• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Not sure who to vote for.

I going to vote for one of the people who don't have Peach, Zelda and Samus. While many people have choices that are weird early on, this is because they already had Samus, Zelda and/or Peach. So I understand why the weirder female choices were picked.

My vote came between Fortanono, ScatmansWorld25 and YoshiandToad. Mostly because they all lacked Peach.

I spun a random spinner and the loser was Fortanono.

Sorry if I cause you one of you to be voted out.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's a cool idea, and I don't care about cutting a few characters.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Voted for BluePikmin11 because of Prince Sable and Anna. I don't think adding those two this early is a good idea. Also, Prince Sable doesn't seem like a good character choice to me.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I voted for YoshiAndToad. The lack of Peach in his roster is a bold move, but it's such a glaring omission that I can't ignore. Anna was another bold move that makes some sense, and I can accept it much easier than I can accept the lack of Peach. But I still don't think Anna, a recurring side character in Fire Emblem, should be in Smash Bros. before Marth.

I really don't like making this vote as in terms of aesthetics, your roster wins by a mile (or 12).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I voted for YoshiAndToad. The lack of Peach in his roster is a bold move, but it's such a glaring omission that I can't ignore. Anna was another bold move that makes some sense, and I can accept it much easier than I can accept the lack of Peach. But I still don't think Anna, a recurring side character in Fire Emblem, should be in Smash Bros. before Marth.

I really don't like making this vote as in terms of aesthetics, your roster wins by a mile (or 12).
Heh, no worries, that's the point of the game.
The moment someone pointed out I forgot Peach I knew I'd be in trouble. But I'll certainly take the compliment at the end. (If I survive this round I should probably add Peach...unless the round rules prevent it)

Took me a while to finally pick. I almost went for one of the Wii Fit Trainer including Rosters since at this time she seems far too obscure to be included(but hey; I thought that about Smash 4 too). I checked to see if anyone included Rosalina without Peach...no one did.

I decided on Golden Icarus in the end by using this rounds rules.
I don't consider Ice Climbers a female character as such, since Popo is technically the default that you play, with Nana being the playable one in alt colours.
A lot of others did this too, but then adding Yoshi as a female rep just killed it for me.

I love Yoshi to bits and wanna see him on all the rosters, but he is primarily considered male first and foremost.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
A lot of others did this too, but then adding Yoshi as a female rep just killed it for me.

I love Yoshi to bits and wanna see him on all the rosters, but he is primarily considered male first and foremost.
I did add Dixie Kong originally for being a more obvious female, but since he said he accepted Yoshi I thought, why not. Same goes for the Ice Climbers; I would have added WFT instead, but he said Ice Climbers would count, so I included them instead.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Alright, well that's my reasoning still. Sorry Golden but I gotta vote for someone.

(Although on this note; do Dee's have genders? Is Kirby officially male? Would Ridley count as female because of that one guy saying 'she' when referring to the space dragon? Maybe we should have a round with gender neutral options at some point)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Alright, well that's my reasoning still. Sorry Golden but I gotta vote for someone.

(Although on this note; do Dee's have genders? Is Kirby officially male? Would Ridley count as female because of that one guy saying 'she' when referring to the space dragon? Maybe we should have a round with gender neutral options at some point)
don't know if dee's have genders, but by canon Kirby and bandana dee are officially male, don't know about ridley, though it'll be odd if it was a she and i'm pretty sure its widely accepted that's its a he

Starbound

I see four votes, and only one explanation.
I would suggest only counting the votes that were mentioned in the thread, as I am noticing around 20 votes on the poll and way fewer than 20 explanations.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I would suggest only counting the votes that were mentioned in the thread, as I am noticing around 20 votes on the poll and way fewer than 20 explanations.
I'm not sure I'm going to have to do this right now, but I'm really considering removing the polls entirely if people aren't going to give a reason.
Though I might need to have a lightning round if we get a tie this Elimination.

Maybe we should have a round with gender neutral options at some point)
Well then, someone's guessed it.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Instead of a Lightning Round, have both of them stay in till the next round. Not only does the person with the most votes overall get eliminated, but so does the person with the most votes in the tie. (If somebody in the tie has the most votes, then the person with the second most amount of votes get eliminated.)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I likely should have rephrased my thoughts:
What I mean by lightning round is where we SPECIFICALLY vote with those two in 24 hours. I set up a poll with two answers.
Doing what you suggested may work, but get madly complicated. I'll take both into my consideration.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Simple Update Tonight. I'll flesh this out later.

@Crap-Zapper was eliminated with 20% of the vote. With 25 votes, that's 5.
Perhaps it was Goose. I liked it, but others didn't. I admire your inputs and efforts.

Shortie was second closest with 4 votes.

Results:
Answer Choices–
Responses–
-Fortanono
4%
-Louie G.
0%
-GreenReaperGod
0%
-Angelglory
0%
-BluePikmin11
4%
-Tepig2000
0%
-ScatmansWorld25
4%
-Smasher 101
0%
-ThatWasPeachy
4%
-Shortiecanbrawl
16%
-Crap-Zapper
20%
-Kon
16%
-GoldenIcarus
12%
-jakor
0%
-josh bones
0%
-SmasherMaster
0%
-YoshiandToad
8%
-LumaOkami
4%
-Keybladeguy
8%
Total25

Roster Cap this time is 20. No Special Rules.
Will add rosters later.

Notifications:
@ Fortanono Fortanono
@Louie G.
@GreenReaperGod
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@BluePikmin11
@Tepig2000
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
@ Starbound Starbound
@ Shorts Shorts
@Kon
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ Jakor Jakor
@ josh bones josh bones
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@Keybladeguy
@ Smasher 101 Smasher 101
@LumaOkami

New Rosters:

Fortanono-

Louie G.-

GreenReaperGod-

Angelglory-

BluePikmin11-

Tepig2000-

ScatmansWorld25-

ThatWasPeachy-

Shortiecanbrawl-

Kon-

Golden Icarus-

Jakor-

josh bones-

SmasherMaster-

YoshiandToad-

Keybladeguy-

Smasher 101-

LumaOkami-

BREAK III BEGINS NOW
YOU HAVE UNTIL SUNDAY EVENING TO SEND IN YOUR 20-SLOT ROSTER.

Last edited:

Starbound

To the guy who voted for me, I'd like to know why.

No restrictions this time, right?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929

Newcomers: Yoshi, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, Little Mac (and a random button for even's sake)

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
rosterevolutionthree.png

Additions: Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, Olimar, and Little Mac. Also, I added Zero Suit Samus and Sheik to Samus and Zelda.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Added all new rosters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom