• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'd rather see Dixie, Meowth, Anna, and Krystal in Smash than Ridley, Little Mac, Roy, and Isaac, so I think your roster is the tops.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
oh this round,
I think you'll do fine, if anyone's getting eliminated its going to be katt, @ Natz~ Natz~
Oh, you.

Poor Luma.

Why not Peach over Dixie?
Valid question. I probably should of considered that.

Whilst drawing I blanked and embarrassingly forgot Yoshi and Wario are their own series reps so I counted them as four Mario representatives whilst counting DK, Diddy and Dixie as DK reps. I suppose it does look a little odd now there are three DK characters and technically only two Mario characters.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Valid question. I probably should of considered that.

Whilst drawing I blanked and embarrassingly forgot Yoshi and Wario are their own series reps so I counted them as four Mario representatives whilst counting DK, Diddy and Dixie as DK reps. I suppose it does look a little odd now there are three DK characters and technically only two Mario characters.
I hope you keep drawing your rosters. Makes yours seem much more unique.

Either way, here is mine!

SWF Round 2.png

I added Peach, Zelda, Ice Climbers and Mewtwo. I was not sure if Mewtwo could be considered a female due to having a female voice actor in the Genesect movie. If so, I will change the roster. I'll probably update it later with Zerto Suit Samus and Sheik

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

View attachment 6792

I added Peach, Zelda, Ice Climbers and Mewtwo. I was not sure if Mewtwo could be considered a female due to having a female voice actor in the Genesect movie. If so, I will change the roster. I'll probably update it later with Zerto Suit Samus and Sheik
You should probably change Mewtwo, Axle told me last page that Mewtwo, Lucario, and Pikachu are either genderless or males, basicly disqualifying them for this round.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
What I mean is this:
1. Let's say roster 1 and roster 2 look totally different and both competitors add the same 4 females. Is that ok or do they have to have a set of 4 characters not added in that way yet?
2. Roster 1 and roster 2 look different but after adding their 4 females, roster 1 and roster 2 end up looking identical. In this case, one of the competitors is disqualified.
Is this how it works?
It's the end result. You can add whoever and copy additions, but if the final rosters are the same, it's illegal.
BTW, adding new rosters now.

View attachment 6792

Yeah, Scatman is correct. Mewtwo is technically genderless, neither male nor female.

I'm pretty sure I shot myself in the foot pretty badly.
Not really that much, in my opinion.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Okay, the following people I have either completely missed their posted roster, or they have not made a roster and sent it here, or the roster does not fit the requirements and is null and void as a result:
@ APC99 APC99 (No Roster)
@ Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper (No Roster)
@ Natz~ Natz~ (No Roster)
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster (Roster does not meet requirements)
---------------------------------
Please either refine your roster to fit the rules or send me in a roster for the second round before ~6:00 PM Tomorrow at Central Time, or else you will be eliminated. I don't want to hold up for anyone else.
If you HAVE posted a roster, please reply and mention me so I can fix my error.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Okay, the following people I have either completely missed their posted roster, or they have not made a roster and sent it here, or the roster does not fit the requirements and is null and void as a result:
@ APC99 APC99 (No Roster)
@ Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper (No Roster)
@ Natz~ Natz~ (No Roster)
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster (Roster does not meet requirements)
@ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming (No Roster)
Please either refine your roster to fit the rules or send me in a roster for the second round before ~6:00 PM Tomorrow at Central Time, or else you will be eliminated. I don't want to hold up for anyone else.
If you HAVE posted a roster, please reply and mention me so I can fix my error.

Added: Princess Peach, Princess Zelda, Dixie Kong, Krystal

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Sorry. I thought that Mewtwo would count as a female fighter because of the voice in the Genesect movie. Same reason why people always call Zoroark female and Lucario male.

SWF Round 2.png

Okay, I added Peach, Zelda, Sheik, Ice Climbers, Zero Suit Samus and Jigglypuff.

Reasoning
Peach and Zelda are the two most recognizable Nintendo females (along with Samus but she was already in my roster).

I felt that I should have added another Pokemon character because both Mario and Legend Of Zelda had two characters. I did not add Pokemon Trainer because it would either be the common one, or a less lijkely Pokemon choice.

Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are on the side of the roster because I felt the roster looks better this way. It was either this or I would have sliced the Samus and Zelda Icons into half.

I choose Ice Climbers because I already made this image.

I was willing to choose the following but decided that I would not use them because:
  • Dixie Kong. It would be awkward to have Dixie in my roster without Diddy.
  • Palutena. I felt that Kid Icarus would get the second character after other Nintendo series in my roster get first characters. (Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Wario, Yoshi)
  • Krystal. I might add her later after Falco and Wolf.
  • Anna, Lyn, Robin, and Lucina. I want to stay away from Fire Emblum when possible. (Or at least Smash Speculation of it)
  • Rosalina. I don’t want too many Mario characters.
  • Villager and Yoshi. I don’t consider either of them female.
  • Wii Fit Trainer: After I give more important Nintendo series a character. (Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Wario, Yoshi)

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
mainly because i thought you were going with odd choices, not that difficult when thinking of you
She's got one of my personal favorites out of the whole list so far.

Sorry. I thought that Mewtwo would count as a female fighter because of the voice in the Genesect movie. Same reason why people always call Zoroark female and Lucario male.

View attachment 6886

Okay, I added Peach, Zelda, Sheik, Ice Climbers, Zero Suit Samus and Jigglypuff.

I'll add explanations later.
Thanks for the fix, you are in!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Aww man I just realized that I forgot to add Marth to my roster this round...

:troll:

Kon

Smash Journeyman

Added Peach, Zelda/Shiek, Jigglypuff and Villager.

Speaking of additions: do we have to make everyone a selection of 4 characters we add to our roster in the way that no one else has already added these 4 specific characters in this round to his/her roster? Or does it not matter after all and only the roster as a whole should not be identical to an other roster?
I think this is something that should be explained.

What I mean is this:
1. Let's say roster 1 and roster 2 look totally different and both competitors add the same 4 females. Is that ok or do they have to have a set of 4 characters not added in that way yet?
2. Roster 1 and roster 2 look different but after adding their 4 females, roster 1 and roster 2 end up looking identical. In this case, one of the competitors is disqualified.
Is this how it works?
I just saw my roster wasn't added to the list yet, so I'll just quote it in order to avoid being disqualified because of no submission sent in.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The only competitor who is still a no-show is @ APC99 APC99 . Everyone else is in.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

View attachment 6886

Reasoning
Peach and Zelda are the two most recognizable Nintendo females (along with Samus but she was already in my roster).

I felt that I should have added another Pokemon character because both Mario and Legend Of Zelda had two characters. I did not add Pokemon Trainer because it would either be the common one, or a less lijkely Pokemon choice.

Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are on the side of the roster because I felt the roster looks better this way. It was either this or I would have sliced the Samus and Zelda Icons into half.

I choose Ice Climbers because I already made this image.

I was willing to choose the following but decided that I would not use them because:
  • Dixie Kong. It would be awkward to have Dixie in my roster without Diddy.
  • Palutena. I felt that Kid Icarus would get the second character after other Nintendo series in my roster get first characters. (Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Wario, Yoshi)
  • Krystal. I might add her later after Falco and Wolf.
  • Anna, Lyn, Robin, and Lucina. I want to stay away from Fire Emblum when possible. (Or at least Smash Speculation of it)
  • Rosalina. I don’t want too many Mario characters.
  • Villager and Yoshi. I don’t consider either of them female.
  • Wii Fit Trainer: After I give more important Nintendo series a character. (Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Wario, Yoshi)

But I always though Sheik was male :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
What @ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming said, I cannot compete anymore, because of some complications, I will not be constantly on Smashboards as I used to. So, I'm sory, but I have to back out of this round.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Let's Get Ready to RUMBLE! And by rumble, I mean listen to Hideki Naganuma!
Elimination II is beginning!
As usual, go to the click me to go and vote!
You have 48 Hours to Vote!
Don't forget to say who you voted for and why in a post!

As for competitors...
Sadly, APC99 had to drop out. I'm glad that he at least put in some input, it's appreciated. As a result, the game will advance with more slots next Break Time!

"Who will survive... we've only just begun into the second round, but the stakes are beginning to raise. I wish you all good luck."

Notifications:
@ Fortanono Fortanono
@Louie G.
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@BluePikmin11
@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
@ Starbound Starbound
@ Shorts Shorts
@ Crap-Zapper Crap-Zapper
@ Kon Kon
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@Jakor
@ josh bones josh bones
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming
@ Smasher 101 Smasher 101
@ Natz~ Natz~
Competitors (And their Rosters!)

-Fortanono

-Louie G.

-GreenReaperGod

-Angelglory

-Smasher 101

-BluePikmin11

-Tepig2000

-ScatmansWorld25

-ThatWasPeachy

-Shortiecanbrawl

-Crap-Zapper

-Kon

-Golden Icarus

-Jakor

-josh bones

-LumaOkami

-SmasherMaster

-YoshiandToad (Below)

-Keybladeguy

ELIMINATION II BEGINS NOW
YOU HAVE UNTIL THURSDAY AT 6 PM CENTRAL TIME TO VOTE.

Last edited:

josh bones

Smash Lord
...Please put who you voted for. Unless you forgot to?
I see four votes, and only one explanation.

I also see that a certain wolf viewed this thread... and there's already a vote for Luma.
So....Luma voted for herself?

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Voted for Kon since I don't like his newcomer choices. Little Mac I'm so-so on, but more towards dislike than like, while Dillon I like, but both I think should wait until all the main people are nailed down. Would've voted for him in the first round until I realized there was a certain roster with no Mario....

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913

Re-posting my roster because it seems to be missing from the list.

I'll vote later.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
It was a toss-up between a few different rosters that had Krystal on them, so I used a random number generator and voted for Shortie.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Voted for LumaOkami.

I seriously have nothing against you. It's only a coincidence that I voted for you 2 times in a row, and this round I felt you just had a few strange choices to add early on like Lyn, WFT, Palutena, and Rosalina.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
...Please put who you voted for. Unless you forgot to?
I see four votes, and only one explanation.

I also see that a certain wolf viewed this thread... and there's already a vote for Luma. GG, @ LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf .
hey whoa mate, don't start accusing me so fast, I haven't voted yet,
plus I already said that no matter what I won't vote against my sister, despite what comes, don't go blaming me for what some one else did
Sorry, that was me.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
hey whoa mate, don't start accusing me so fast, I haven't voted yet,
plus I already said that no matter what I won't vote against my sister, despite what comes, don't go blaming me for what some one else did
...DERP. My apologies, lone and Golden XD

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
anyway now that is out of the way, my vote came down to too people, shortie because of the kalos trainer and zapper because of goose, so I basically flipped a coin and it came up tails so my vote sent to Crap-Zapper

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
uh. . . . well. . . confusion I guessXD
anyway
I vote for Golden Icarus, duck hunt dog really? >_>

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
It was tough, but I ended up voting for Crap-Zapper. Seems too early to add something like Goose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom