• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

12 characters, 12 series:

1. Mario, Super Mario Bros.
  2. Luigi, Luigi's Mansion(repping his own series here)
  3. Yoshi, Yoshi series(Island, Story, Woolly World, etc)
  4. DK, Donkey Kong series
  5. Link, Legend of Zelda (in Hyrulian Warriors gear today)
  6. Samus, Metroid
  7. Kirby, Kirby
  8. Pikachu, Pokemon
  9. Captain Falcon, F-Zero
  10. Villager, Animal Crossing (usually not a fan of the meme, but I thought I'd draw it once...turns out it's fun)
  11. Olimar(and Pikmin), Pikmin
  12. Mr. Game and Watch, Game and Watch Gallery.
Originally went for series only in Nintendoland, but then realised Pokemon wasn't in it. I couldn't leave Pokemon out.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Really would have sucked if someone beat your roster by five minutes, wouldnt it have, @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
You have no idea how much I kept refreshing the page after I decided on my Smash dozen. Luckily I don't believe anyone had the exact same selection. Worse came to worse I'd probably have dumped G+W since he's one of the quicker, but less essential individuals on that roster and replaced him with someone no one else would of bothered with at this stage.

Some random bits of trivia of my roster doodling process for anyone who's even a tiny bit intrigued;
  • Mario is always the first character I draw.
  • Samus is always the last character I draw.
  • Kirby is always the quickest to draw. Always. No exceptions.
  • Link and Samus are both the most time consuming to draw. I just can never get the two spot on.
  • Because Mario series characters are the most fun for me to doodle I tend to draw Mario, then some characters I'm less concerned with and spread the cast out so I can 'reward' myself with a Mario cast member every few more difficult characters.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
. Worse came to worse I'd probably have dumped G+W since he's one of the quicker, but less essential individuals on that roster
Hmm... I'd know who I'd be voting for if it were even possible he'd garnish a second vote :p

domokl

Smash Lord

12 characters, 12 series:

1. Mario, Super Mario Bros.
  2. Luigi, Luigi's Mansion(repping his own series here)
  3. Yoshi, Yoshi series(Island, Story, Woolly World, etc)
  4. DK, Donkey Kong series
  5. Link, Legend of Zelda (in Hyrulian Warriors gear today)
  6. Samus, Metroid
  7. Kirby, Kirby
  8. Pikachu, Pokemon
  9. Captain Falcon, F-Zero
  10. Villager, Animal Crossing (usually not a fan of the meme, but I thought I'd draw it once...turns out it's fun)
  11. Olimar(and Pikmin), Pikmin
  12. Mr. Game and Watch, Game and Watch Gallery.
Originally went for series only in Nintendoland, but then realised Pokemon wasn't in it. I couldn't leave Pokemon out.
The luigi repping his own series is a pretty cool idea and never done before in this game. I applaud you for that. Pretty bold move as well.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Is there still time left? I would love to join.

andimidna

Smash Master
Excited to watch this one (I'll be in China for a couple weeks coming up, definitely can't sign up)
There are some pretty interesting choices already

domokl

Smash Lord
Im ready to throw down my cards and battle the compeition!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm ready with my roster!
Roster evolution Roster.png

Okay, this was really hard for me to come to a conclusion on. So I made myself a miniature list of rules explaining why I went with what you are looking at.

-Include the iconic third parties to be unique
-Cut any characters from series crossing over AT ALL(hence no DK or Yoshi)
-Cut the original secrets(sorry Ness and C. Falcon)
-Characters must be in at least three games of their franchise

Okay, to be honest, part of the reason I decided to cut Falcon was for the sake artwork consistency between all characters. I didn't want his brawl art to stick out. But, here's another rule for the sake of getting away with it.

-Must be relevant:troll:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Here's my Roster.

(Yes I put the words Pretty Boy behind Marth's name.)
Oh boy, I have some reasoning to do.
1) Mario Bros.: YES, I KNOW I PUT THEM TOGETHER. I really wanted both to be in without taking up the roster, so I decided to Ice Climber-ify them together.
2) PKMN Trainer: Again with the Mario Bros., but this time I took the 3 Most "Iconic" Pokemon from the 3 Smash Games (Sixty-fourachu , Meleewtwo and Brawlizard.) together with the PKMN Trainer's switchy thingy from Brawl, so yeah.
3) Mr. Game & Watch: I HAD TOO.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I was very close to doing this; but a series of events lead me away from it.
I wanted to include Animal Crossing as a series, it seemed necessary given its huge success as a newer IP.
That meant I needed Villager if I wanted the 'main player,'
which meant I needed the Pokemon Rep to be Pokemon Trainer or Red.
That lead me to choosing all four Pokemon to better represent the franchise, rather than just Pikachu, and this almost broke off the chain, but I wanted the visual color balance and to hone in on the cute side of Nintendo, and the huge input Pokemon had for Nintendo.
With so much Pokemon, I needed Mario more in. Which I think I did anyway to properly showcase Nintendo
Plus I wanted more non humanoids.

Well, and one more thing. But that is for next round. And I think I am still going to edit it.

I have made a powerful enemy today.
I'm glad you respect game and watch enough to have him in at all :p

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
Yeah I know who I'm voting for. 3 characters in said roster are WAY too early.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Would there be space for me? If not, I would love to join this the next time it's available! (I'd love a reserved slot, if you know what I mean... *wink wink nudge nudge* just kidding)

If there IS a slot remaining, though, then here is my roster!:

Edit: I changed Ness -> Luigi to be on the safe side, because Pokemon had 2 reps.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I'm ready with my roster!
View attachment 17609
Okay, this was really hard for me to come to a conclusion on. So I made myself a miniature list of rules explaining why I went with what you are looking at.

-Include the iconic third parties to be unique
-Cut the original secrets(sorry Ness and C. Falcon)
-Characters must be in at least three games of their franchise

Okay, to be honest, part of the reason I decided to cut Falcon was for the sake artwork consistency between all characters. I didn't want his brawl art to stick out. But, here's another rule for the sake of getting away with it.

-Must be relevant:troll:
On the last case, what is Megaman doing here?

D

Deleted member

On the last case, what is Megaman doing here?
As the first bullet stated, I wanted the iconic third parties on the list. I wanted the four gaming icons to be in my roster. And to be fair, he has had more recent games than f-zero. Technically, the last one that came out was Street Fighter X Mega Man, which came out after Nintendo Land.(which had F-Zero content)

domokl

Smash Lord
The title should be updated now ad I think the 6 newcomer slots was finished off with pokechu.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Seems there's still room for me. Someone's going to need to make mine, like last time, because Mobile sucks. Shouldn't be a problem, right? Anyways...
Adding:
Mario Stomps in!
Bowser Kidnaps his Enemies!
Pikachu Shocks the Competition!
Lucario Shows off the Aura!
Link Bravely Joins in!
DK Barrel Rolls in!
Kirby Floats in!
Samus Hunts her Foes!
Yoshi Ground Pounds in!
Fox Brings the Weaponry!
Villager Comes to Town!
Olimar Crashes in!
Original Eight: Obvious, no?
Bowser: Mario deserves another character right away, and Bowser was the most deserving.
Lucario: Risk pick.
Villager and Olimar: Newer, successful IP characters.
Honorable mentions: Ganondorf, Diddy Kong, Wario, Captain Falcon

kylexv

Smash Master
Seems there's still room for me. Someone's going to need to make mine, like last time, because Mobile sucks. Shouldn't be a problem, right? Anyways...
Adding:
Mario Stomps in!
Bowser Kidnaps his Enemies!
Pikachu Shocks the Competition!
Lucario Shows off the Aura!
Link Bravely Joins in!
DK Barrel Rolls in!
Kirby Floats in!
Samus Hunts her Foes!
Yoshi Ground Pounds in!
Fox Brings the Weaponry!
Villager Comes to Town!
Olimar Crashes in!
Original Eight: Obvious, no?
Bowser: Mario deserves another character right away, and Bowser was the most deserving.
Lucario: Risk pick.
Villager and Olimar: Newer, successful IP characters.
Honorable mentions: Ganondorf, Diddy Kong, Wario, Captain Falcon
Here you go!

KingShadow.png

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
seems like were pretty muchly done now, just waiting for the last person on our unconfirmed list @ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER
just need to hear if your still game or not mate
regardless if he's in or not the game going to go in full swing on Tuesday at 10 PM, eastern time zone
make any revisions you want till then
Would there be space for me? If not, I would love to join this the next time it's available! (I'd love a reserved slot, if you know what I mean... *wink wink nudge nudge* just kidding)

If there IS a slot remaining, though, then here is my roster!:

Edit: I changed Ness -> Luigi to be on the safe side, because Pokemon had 2 reps.
sorry mate, kingshadow beat ya to the punch for the last slot,
though we still have one person unaccounted for, if he doesn't show by by the time the game starts, the slots all yours, if not i'll put ya on que for the next

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
seems like were pretty muchly done now, just waiting for the last person on our unconfirmed list @ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER
just need to hear if your still game or not mate
regardless if he's in or not the game going to go in full swing on Tuesday at 10 PM, eastern time zone
make any revisions you want till then

sorry mate, kingshadow beat ya to the punch for the last slot,
though we still have one person unaccounted for, if he doesn't show by by the time the game starts, the slots all yours, if not i'll put ya on que for the next
done sorry :).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I have to go to Swimming Camp at 2PM EST (About 2:30 hours from now), so if I'm not accounted for at that time, I'm sorry. ;(

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
three hours late, meh
and the game begins,
pretty muchly nothing else (and yes no impressions)
don't think I need to explain anything else seeing how I did it almost a week ago,
basically vote for the person who's roster you disagree with, don't like, play to safe, or literally any reason you come up with (please make it valid though)
and remember your voting for the one you want to eliminate, not for who you want to win, also while not neccisary explain your reasoning for voting whichever player you voted for
I also added an link to the OP, along with updates to the rosters and competitors, use that for easier access if needed
that's about it, good luck mates
(and yes, no new music, i'm too tired and lazy)
[collapse=players]
@SunnyDust
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@TheZombiePig
@Angelglory
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000
@The_Sheik
@ kylexv kylexv
@ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER
@ a smart guy a smart guy
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus

@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@LumaOkami
@Mr_Anderson
@ domokl domokl
@BlueDrago
@artisticgamerxl
@ Bedoop Bedoop
@ Yams Yams
@ Depressed Gengar Depressed Gengar
[/collapse]
[collapse=rosters]
Lumaokami -

The Light Music Club -

SmasherMaster -

TheZombiePig -

SunnyDust -

Angelglory -

Tepig2000 -

The_Sheik -

Mr_Anderson -

Kylexv -

domokl -

bluedrago -

DukeNapoleon -

YoshiandToad -

Artisticgamerxl -

smasherriver64 -

Yams -

Goldenicarus -

a smart guy -

Kingshadow -

TORNADO BUS DRIVER -

[/collapse]

Click Here To Vote
we'll continue (most likely) on Thursday 10 PM, Eastern time zone

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Voted for Artisticgamerxl. The main reason being; three third parties seems a little too much for me right off the bat.

(also technically Mario's crossed over with Sonic(Mario and Sonic at the Olympics) and Pac-Man(Mario Kart GP) before as well as to a lesser extent Link and Samus(SMRPG, F1 racing for Game Boy) and Pit(F1 racing for Game Boy) and thus I can't justify the third parties over DK, Nintendo's 4th best seller, on the 'no cross over' rule front.

domokl

Smash Lord
Voted arcticgamer for having three third parties. You shouldn't even be thinking about one in the first round with so many nintendo all stars to add

D

Deleted member

Well ****, I guess I'm getting the boot right away:p. Well, I voted for DukeNapolean because I thought he was a bit too safe with both pokemon trainer and samus.

Voted for Artisticgamerxl. The main reason being; three third parties seems a little too much for me right off the bat.

(also technically Mario's crossed over with Sonic(Mario and Sonic at the Olympics) and Pac-Man(Mario Kart GP) before as well as to a lesser extent Link and Samus(SMRPG, F1 racing for Game Boy) and Pit(F1 racing for Game Boy) and thus I can't justify the third parties over DK, Nintendo's 4th best seller, on the 'no cross over' rule front.
Yeah, probably should have thought about that rule a bit more.

Voted arcticgamer for having three third parties. You shouldn't even be thinking about one in the first round with so many nintendo all stars to add
To be fair, we technically don't even need any Nintendo characters. It is a create your own roster game.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Voted for mr anderson for lack of newer IPs, which ultimately made me think it looked a little dull.

I've got a vote already! I'm glad I'm not playing this game for any of you foolish fools :p
Never thought my roster could be called safe. I will always try to properly represent Nintendo.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I also voted for DukeNapoleon for the same reasons artistic gamer said. While I admire the gutsy idea of making Pikachu be controlled by a trainer and making Red the rep instead, shoving four characters into one slot isn't something that I'm a huge fan of. Sorry, man.

Yams

Smash Journeyman
voted for artisticgamerxl, i'm just not a fan of 3 third parties in such a limited roster.

kylexv

Smash Master
Like many others, I voted for artisticgamerxl for adding Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man way too early and missing DK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom