• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Pit Power Ranking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
I totally stole this idea off the ROB board lol.
riught now this is my list, im also going to use the tournament thread as reference. I'll try to stay as unbiases as possible.

I'll also rank these in tiers, they will have no particular order within the teirs, would take too much work.

Tell me if you disagree and give me some reasoning why. Wifi tournament do not count, i only take count of offline tournaments.

Updated as of Feb 18, 2009

TOP TIER
Sagemoon
Rogue Pit
Danny
Ryanarius

HIGH TIER

S.D.
Doctor X
Kown
KY Des
Heyityo

MID TIER

Seiya7
Enkou
Afropony
Cha0tic
Choke
Corruptfate
Salty123
madival
Dextasmurf

BOTTOM TIER

SSD
TheOgbot

HONOURABLE MENTION TIER
Players that are great but no known tournament info about them

Kupo
Admiral Pit
Undr

im sure there alot other pits but i can't find any info about them.

discuss, argue(be reasonable though), don't flame me for thinking you should be higher or something.

BEST method for me getting accurate infomation is to PM me result threads of your tournaments

madival

Smash Cadet
this i can't deny but a majority of his tournament are usually 20 ppl and under, so i had to think about it a little. tbh i had a hard time deciding where he stands.
simply put danny and ryan in the top tier, bump 2 people in the bottom tier to the middle tier and put 2 people in the the bottom tier.

madival

Smash Cadet
I say simply let the tournement thread speak yet have an honorable mention tier so that there is a slot for those we know are great pits, yet ca't find daya on it.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I think there should be a "Troll Tier" underneath "Bottom Tier."

Guess who belongs there? XD

Riku00

Smash Ace
This is a great idea.

Check Alice Brawl Accounts like Choke said. alot accurate info is stored there. Keep this updated because there will be alot of discussion going on.

madival

Smash Cadet
What would everyone think would improve most of the pit players games on a tournement level? I watched alot of videos and I think That an overuse of some of the advanced techs.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
I are the bests Pits!!!!!

No really though, I like this idea. Kudos. And I would like to mention if any Pit is in Ohio, I would like to play them so I could get some kind of feel where I could possibly place on this. (I can't drive.)

Coffee™

I need it....
This list seems...unecessary. Its more or less just posting which Pit player has the best tourney results and that can be seen from just checking the tournament results thread. There is nothing wrong with adding a bit of subjectivity to things like this. You could just go by general board concensus to rank everyone and let people debate positions. At the every least it would be interesting.

Afropony

Smash Lord
This list seems...unecessary. Its more or less just posting which Pit player has the best tourney results and that can be seen from just checking the tournament results thread. There is nothing wrong with adding a bit of subjectivity to things like this. You could just go by general board concensus to rank everyone and let people debate positions. At the every least it would be interesting.
I actually think this is a decent idea and might make Pit's want to place even better in tournaments which gives him better tournament results which makes him higher on the next tier list.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
L.A.M.E. I'm pulling the discrimination card! I'm crippled and have been unable to go to tournaments. >_> Besides, I've been to four. -_-

lol But seriously I'll be Top Tier after "Brawl 'til You Fall". ^_^ Besides it doesn't take tournament results when the footage is in front of you. =P

And btw, FEAR needs to be in this list. I don't care if he doesn't main Pit, he's still one of the best. As is Azen and DSF. Along with myself, these three need to be considered Top Tier. /nods

EDIT: Also keep region in mind. Sucks that I'm a prime example of this, but when you have Azen, Chu, Chillin, g-reg, Kirbster, M2K, the rest of MD/VA in your tournament, and likely two in your pools... lol

Coffee™

I need it....
I actually think this is a decent idea and might make Pit's want to place even better in tournaments which gives him better tournament results which makes him higher on the next tier list.
But ...... you could just do this in your thread underneath or above the tourney results. There is no real reason for this to be a seperate thread. Thats more or less why I think it is more interesting to look at this from a more subjective approach.

And btw, FEAR needs to be in this list. I don't care if he doesn't main Pit, he's still one of the best. As is Azen and DSF. Along with myself, these three need to be considered Top Tier. /nods
Have you ever seen a recent video or tourney placing for Azen's or DSF's Pits? I sure haven't. Even though they are top players it doesn't make sense listing them in this if they're is no evidence of them actually doing anything with Pit.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
L.A.M.E. I'm pulling the discrimination card! I'm crippled and have been unable to go to tournaments. >_> Besides, I've been to four. -_-

lol But seriously I'll be Top Tier after "Brawl 'til You Fall". ^_^ Besides it doesn't take tournament results when the footage is in front of you. =P

EDIT: Also keep region in mind. Sucks that I'm a prime example of this, but when you have Azen, Chu, Chillin, g-reg, Kirbster, M2K, the rest of MD/VA in your tournament, and likely two in your pools... lol
I've had to face M2k countless times before and i do pretty good (DOnt win thought) so im in ur boat as well. Also I've faced the number one marth (Neo) and let me tell u the Marth>Pit iz not really all in Marth's favor..........

madival

Smash Cadet
But ...... you could just do this in your thread underneath or above the tourney results. There is no real reason for this to be a seperate thread. Thats more or less why I think it is more interesting to look at this from a more subjective approach.
but we have been discussing which pits should be on top. Thats how the top tier formed and thats how the honorable mention tier formed. some people even moved up from us discussing who should be in what tier.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
This is what I was thinking, but I wanta wait and see what happens.

Afropony

Smash Lord
[COLOR=[/COLOR]
Ah, I guess you're right lol, if everyone agrees I can move this thread into my results thread so that we don't have two threads.

but we have been discussing which pits should be on top. Thats how the top tier formed and thats how the honorable mention tier formed. some people even moved up from us discussing who should be in what tier.
Yeh but you would probably be able to do that in my thread as well.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nah, you just need a better understanding of the game. Azen is probably the best Pit player because he's the best person to play Pit. If M2K decided to pick up Pit, within the week we could definitively say he's the best Pit.

In the end it's the player, not the devotion that makes for "who's the best of _____". Now if this is just about tournament placing then meh. This thread is kinda pointless since we already have the tournament results thread. If this is about who the best Pit players are, then tournament results shouldn't be the only method of ranking. Either way, it's the players, not the devotion to a character, that should be the making of this list.

Coffee™

I need it....
Nah, you just need a better understanding of the game. Azen is probably the best Pit player because he's the best person to play Pit. If M2K decided to pick up Pit, within the week we could definitively say he's the best Pit.

In the end it's the player, not the devotion that makes for "who's the best of _____".
If you look at it this way then why don't we just put Azen and M2k in top because clearly if they play Pit they would be top tier, or we could throw DSF in there or Ally or Anther....etc.

It doesn't and shouldnt matter if they are top players or not if they hardly play the character or never use the character in tournament to actually place.

Now if this is just about tournament placing then meh. This thread is kinda pointless since we already have the tournament results thread. If this is about who the best Pit players are, then tournament results shouldn't be the only method of ranking. Either way, it's the players, not the devotion to a character, that should be the making of this list.
If it is about who the best Pit players are then it gives us even less of a reason to list Azen or DSF on this list, well at least based on the criteria that you listed (them being good players in general) because they hardly play or place with the character

D

Deleted member

I can't say I see the intent of the list. Regardless, I know at least one player that you're missing from that top tier.

Riku00

Smash Ace
Well i believe tournament results could be one way to find uot the Pit rankings, but also i know that not everyone can join offline tournaments to prove themselves.
There is no real way of determining Pit rankings unless each one actually faced the best overall player that anyone knows.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ah, I guess you're right lol, if everyone agrees I can move this thread into my results thread so that we don't have two threads.

Yeh but you would probably be able to do that in my thread as well.
They agree, I still don't see the need for it, but if you mix it with the results thread then I wont have too.

Thread going down in 5.4.3.2.1....boom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom