• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: What if Super Smash Bros was made today?

Should third party content be allowed

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • As DLC

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

1200px-NSMBU_Hammer_Bro_Artwork.png

Hammer Bro

Works like In Smash.

221px-WWHD_Tingle.png

Tingle
Works like the assist from Smash.

SmashRun-7.png

Smash Run
Map could be slightly bigger because its not on 3Ds. And maybe we could get some mini boses or something. But it would bascily be the same mode.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
All assists and modes will be accepted

For our character voting...

1656492265793.png
1656492345390.png
1656492402542.png
1656492425501.png

Donkey Kong, Isabelle, Shulk and Yoshi join the roster!
I know I said the 3 most voted characters will be added, but since Yoshi and Shulk got the same placement both will be added

Now jumping onto other jobs

Job 9 Submit a stage from Donkey Kong, AC, Xenoblade and Yoshi
For this job if you don't feel like specifying much about the stage is ok, just give the name

Job 10 Submit changes for these four characters

Job 9:
Gaur Plain (Xenoblade)

A location from Wii game Xenoblade chronicles.

The layout is identically the same (It also includes Metal face as Stage hazard), but it includes cameo from first game and XBC X game (Don't worry, we could include some stuff from recent games tho).

Yoshi's Island:
View attachment 344202

I nominate the Yoshi's island from Brawl. The layout is same, but stage became longer in length and has additional second platform.
Hold on, there are some changes like in Background, you can see Yoshi's House (Picture down below)
View attachment 344203
(It's based on SMW Incarnation, but with cues taken from Yoshi Island games).
And more enemies are appearing in Background, which is also cool.

Job 10:
DK:
New DK's side B: Barrel throw - DK throws a wooden barrel in front of himself that deals big amount of damage. Occasionally, he could throw a metallic blue barrel that when touches the opponent, it gives a burning damage to opponent.

DK's New up B would be barrel cannon, where he launches himself from the barrel into the air. You could aim his up special wherever you want.

Yoshi:
Yoshi's new neutral special is fusion between egg throw and egg lay, which he lays eggs when you tap the B button and you shoot the egg when you hold the B button alongside aiming with right joystick.

His new up special are flutter wings, which he uses the wings to flap into the air. He could also extend his flutter jump with this move.

D

Deleted member

Job 9:
Gaur Plain (Xenoblade)

A location from Wii game Xenoblade chronicles.

The layout is identically the same (It also includes Metal face as Stage hazard), but it includes cameo from first game and XBC X game (Don't worry, we could include some stuff from recent games tho).
XBC has a whole other setting

Smashvile
Basicly the same but with new cameos

Might add a DK stage later

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll just nominate Xenoblade and DKC stages.

Xenoblade
I’ll submit Eryth Sea from the original Xenoblade. There would be multiple islands that players that teleport between.
ErythseaLocation.png

DK
I nominating Project+’s version of Oil Drum Alley.
Oil Drum Alley SNES.png

I’m fine with the movesets that the four new fighters have in Ultimate.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Summary:
  1. Yoshi's Island, SmashVille and Oil Drum Alley will be accepted since we haven't got any other submission for a Yoshi, AC or DK stage.
  2. All changes for DK and Yoshi will be a accepted
  3. I'm on a family trip rn so I won't be able to add these changes to the main page until later today
Now, since I don't want to make an strawpoll link just for the xenoblade stage, that will be voted here, we will also vote on having Kapp'n and Tiki as the main AC and Xenoblade assists

Job 11: Submit SmashRun enemies
You can submit up to two

D

Deleted member

Eryth Sea. Would be nice to get some non Smash stages in here.

I think we should leave AC and Xeno asssits open for other options, thiugh those are good ones.

GoombaNSMB.png

Goomba
300px-La19-octorok.png

Octorok

Last edited by a moderator:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Smash Run Enemy #1: Bomb Boos(Super Mario)
Will explode if they run into you
Smash Run Enemy #2: Weezing(Pokemon)
Excretes a posionous gas

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll go with Bonkers from Kirby and Kihunter from Metroid, and they work as they do in real Smash Run.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Eryth Sea will be our Xenoblade stage

Tiki and Kapp'n will be assist trophies but since inn the next assist submission rounds we will allow secondary assists for already represented franchises, new assist from Xenoblade and AC will probably be submitted there

Job #12
: Submit a stage from an unrepresented franchise
This will not deconfirm any franchise to get a full fighter

By the way, when I end updating the front page I'll update this message with a list of jobs for the next 5 days so that if any of y'all have any feedback or suggestions about future jobs y'all can tell me.

1. Items round 2
  2. Assists round 2
  3. Music from Mario/Yoshi, Zelda and Pokemon
  4. Music from Metroid, Kirby and Xenoblade
  5. Submit a newcomer from an already represented franchise (2 Winners)
  6. Changes for those characters
  7. Music from AC and franchises represented not with a fighter

Last edited:
Job 12:
Gyromite (ROB/Misc. Nintendo)
View attachment 346916

Gyromite is a game made by Nintendo back in 1985 and it requires ROV to play the stage. It's one of 2 games that require ROB to play.

The layout is same like in game (Shown picture) and the hazards are enemies like Smicks or Spikes (The TNTs and Turnips also appear here: TNT would be throwable and it can explode and Turnips could heal you).
Some of plaftorms are soft like steel girders, so it makes the stage more fair for players.
The stages aesthetic is updated to modern day style and ROB alongside Prof. Hector & Vector appear in background.

The platform guide.
Silver Girders - Soft platforms.
Solid platforms: Ground, walls and pipes.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll reuse a submission that I made from my alternate Brawl thread

For the Wii Stage, I would choose the Wii Menu. This would be similar to Delfino Plaza where it has a base area and transitions to other areas. The base area is the base menu itself, and the platforms are the top of the channel options. The hazard at this part of the stage would be cursor, which can grab players as it moves. The stage would then transition between 3 channel previews, the Mii Channel, the game being uploaded, and the Wii Shop Channel. On the Mii Channel, Miis will walk through, which can hurt players if they come into contact. When a disk is being loaded, the players can stand on the disks, but they would be moving with the disk. At some point, a disk is inserted, and players are hurt if they are directly beneath the disk. For the wii shop channel, there would just be a shopping bag that players can stand on.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Order of Heroes Barracks

Could be a nice way to represent Fire Emblem as a whole, especially with background appearances with characters from the entire series. Not sure on the layout, maybe something similar to Colliseum.
If this stage ends up being added we will do a "mini-job" submitting cameos for this stage

Last edited:
Top Bottom