• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: What if Super Smash Bros was made today?

Should third party content be allowed

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • As DLC

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
It's 2022, Nintendo wants to experiment with mixing their IPs after the reception of Mario Kart 8's crossovers, so they want to make a big crossover fighting game.

(The roster has Mario, Link and Pikachu from the get go as mandatory characters thanks to being the biggest Nintendo icons)

de4oyub-d8b5967c-f9af-4c0f-8ea8-598ad6e03689.png

Mario
Super Mario
image-removebg-preview.png

Link
The Legend of Zelda
818304540_PikachuLookingUpHappyRender(PokemonLetsGo).png.97bf0dbdcb61a635aa646c678744bb8b.png

Pikachu
Pokemon
latest__4_-removebg-preview.png

Kirby
Kirby
latest (3).png

Samus
Metroid
1656492876488.png

Yoshi
Super Mario
1656492949961.png

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong
1656493024136.png

Isabelle
Animal Crossing
1656493061415.png

Shulk
Xenoblade Chronicles

Zelda
The Legend of Zelda

King Dedede
Kirby

Fox McCloud
Star Fox
Down Air: Ground Pound, Works the same as it does in the Mario games
Side B: Cappy toss, he throws Cappy being able to posses the enemy for a bit
Down B: Mario Tornado
Shield Special: Arrow Selector
List of arrows:

1. Normal Arrow
  2. Ice Arrow
  3. Shock Arrow
  4. Bomb Arrow
  5. Fire Arrow
Side Smash: Hammer, works similarly to his current side special
Side Special: Fireball, Works like his dash attack but can also be used in the air.
Side Special: Her ice missile can also be used
Side B: Barrel Throw
Up B: Barrel Cannon
, works like the barrels from Kongo Jungle
Neutral B: Yoshi's new neutral special is fusion between egg throw and egg lay, which he lays eggs when you tap the B button and you shoot the egg when you hold the B button alongside aiming with right joystick.
Up B: Flutter Wings, he uses the wings to flap into the air. He could also extend his flutter jump with this move.
Neutral B: Light Arrow, similar to Links arrows
Side B: Phantom
Up B: Teleport
, which is just a renamed Fayore’s Wind
Down B: Nayru's Love
Final Smash: Triforce of Wisdom
Side B: Hammer Rush
  1. Peach's Castle
  2. Hyrule Castle
  3. Pokemon Stadium
  4. Green Gardens
  5. Brinstar
  6. Yoshi's Island
  7. SmashVille
  8. Oil Drum Alley
  9. Eryth Sea
  10. Wuhu Island
  11. Gyromite
  12. Great Fox
1656241323425.png

Super Mushroom
1656241348746.png

Bob-Omb

Item Box
1656241374343.png

Deku-Nut
1656241393721.png

Bunny Hood
1656254578360.png

Heart container

Ice Wand
1656241432499.png

Maxim Tomato
1656254518331.png

Warp Star
1656241466514.png

Screw Attack

Pitfall
1656241500004.png

Nes Zapper
PicsArt_06-26-02.50.02.png

Gyromite

Mr. Saturn

Smart Bomb

Assist Trophy

Hammer Bro

Waluigi

Tingle

Gardevoir

Adeline & Ribbon

Metroid

Rambi

King K. Rool

Kapp'n

Riki

Wolf

Sheriff

Sukapon

Muddy Mole

Nintendog

Squid Sisters
  • Goomba
  • Koopa Troopa
  • Bomb Boo
  • Octorok
  • ReDead
  • Weezing
  • Waddle Dee
  • Bonkers
  • Metroid
  • Kihunter
  • Versus
  • Arcade Mode
  • Smash Run
  • All Star Mode

Attachments

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 1: While I’m an FE fan, I’ll nominate Inkling for this one.
Inkling Splatoon.png
Job 2: (Above) Peach’s Castle
SSBU-Peach's Castle.png

Character:
Fox McCloud (Star Fox, 1993)

Fox McCloud is main Protagonist of Star Fox Series and he is an Anthropomorphic Fox, who is the Leader of Team Star Fox living in planet Corneria of Lylat System. He is one of Nintendo characters that he debuted in 1990's and his games revolutionized 3D Polygon graphics that changed Nintendo's whole history and it was considered as very popular IP in 90's and 2000's until it started going downfall after release of Star Fox Zero.

Maybe Star Fox is now dormant and slightly niche franchise now on, but still it's very important for Nintendo's history.

Fox could work like in Smash games like Ultimate, but his moveset would focus more on Star Fox Games like usage of mini Arwing as Up special for example. Fox could also retain his moves, but some of them can be changed to fit him into more Star Fox-like moveset.

He retains his Final Smash, notably his Landmaster and he could retain his aesthetics.

I nominate Fox McCloud, because he would represent Nintendo's Star Fox franchise that was popular in 1990's and 2000's and Star Fox 64 was a huge hit on Nintendo 64 console, increasing it's popularity and legacy.
Also it makes sense to include him into the game, since he would represent rail-shooter games and he would be newcomer, who debuted on Super Famicom/SNES.

Mario Stage submission:
Peach's Castle (Melee)

Submitting Peach's Castle from Melee as Mario stage. Acts same, but the design is now based on Super Mario Odyssey incarnation.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
I'll be busy in the next hours so we will wrap up submissions a bit earlier (like 40 minutes but whatever)

For our character submissions
  • Villager
  • Samus
  • Kirby
  • Fox
  • Inkling
  • Byleth (My own submission)
  • Duck Hunt
For our stage submissions
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Peach's Castle (64)
  • Peach's Castle (Melee)
  • Hyrule Castle
  • Temple
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Saffron City (My own submission)
Our voting links: Characters, Stages

The two most voted characters will be added while the most voted stage from each franchise while be added

While voting is up...

We won't be doing any jobs until tomorrow since i'm still preparing them, however I want to ask, How many character should be in?
We will be discussing this until the voting period finishes so we can get an answer and work with it.

D

Deleted member

35. I feel smaller (though that's actually pretty big for what would be a first party new IP) but focused and full of content is the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
For a new IP, I feel like anything over 35 is overkill.

I’ll go with 32 just to have another round number between 30 and 35.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Let's do a quick summary
  1. Third Party content will be allowed for DLC unless I'm short in job ideas lol
  2. We will be running a poll to decide the final number of playable characters
  3. The character voting results are pretty clear right now so I'll close voting for that, stage voting will close in a few hours
Our new characters are...
latest (3).png

latest__4_-removebg-preview.png

Kirby and Samus join Smash!

With that out of the way,
Job #3: Submit changes for Mario, Link, Pikachu, Samus and Kirby

Here's the poll

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
So, stage voting is closed now
  • Hyrule Castle
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Peach's Castle (Melee)
Besides that, I want to ask how do you feel about movesets, since I haven't seen any submission for job 3, I want to ask because I'd like to focus on more interesting content.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
For movesets, the only ideas right now are these:
Have Mario have his old down special as Fludd isn’t relevant anymore.
Have one of Link’s specials be similar to Monado Arts where it lets him instead switch among different weapons for his neutral special (Bow, Megaton Hammer, Ice Wand…)
Have missiles as Samus’s neutral attack and her ice bream be her side special

Last edited:
Job 4:
Item A:
Super Mushroom (Mario)

A recurring item from Mario games.
Acts same like in real smash games.

Item B:
NES Zapper (Nintendo Series)

When spawned, it acts like Ray Gun or Super Scope, but the reticle shows in front of it and you can aim at anywhere. If shot at enemy, it gets stunned and blinded. It can be good item for preventing from recoveries like stunning the opponent before getting on platform.

I nominate the NES Zapper, because it could represent Nintendo Hardware and it could Ray Gun of SSB 2022. It could very fun item for the game, especially when it's useful as Anti-recovery item to prevent people from recovering back to stage.

Job 5:
Kirby Stage:
Green Gardens (Kirby)
View attachment 343097

Green Gardens is one of Levels in Kirby Star Allies, which is the actaully first one. It takes place on Planet Popstar in Green Greens area as it was shown on map of Popstar.

The Layout would be similar to Green Greens, but it's bigger and it has resemblance to Green Gardens level from Kirby Star Allies. Whispy doesn't do anything, but still he appears on stage while watching the fight.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
My own submissions:
Items:
Screw Attack: Works the same as Smash
Bunny Hood: Same as above

Stage:
1656240798526.png

Ferenia
Will have the same layout of Brinstar but with Ferenia's aesthetics and without Brinstar's hazards, the hazards in this stage will be the E.M.M.Is, they will run to the stage from the background, ocasionally the will try to attack with missiles.

By the way, you can submit a stage for both franchises and all items will be accepted I forgot to mention those things

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Kirby Stage: Mt. Dedede

This will be based on the Kirby Star Allies version

Metroid Stage: Brinstar

Same stage as in Smash but updated

Items: Gyromite(R.O.B.) - Works the same as in Smash

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Items:
Heart Container: Works like in SSB64, where it restores all damage.
source
Warp Star: Works like in the other SSB games.

Stage:
SSBU-Fountain of Dreams.png
Fountain of Dreams: This beautiful stage would be similar to the one we have in Ultimate.

Burenia from Metroid Dread: The layout would have 2 hard plaforms on each side, with a pool of water in the center. Above the water, there would be a soft platform.

Last edited:

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
We are closing submissions
as I said all items have been accepted.

Vote for the stages here!

Our next job will be a big one

Job #6 Submit a character from a Switch Game
I want to clarify that this job allows protagonist from Switch games that were born in previous generations (Luigi, Villager or Inkling), not only that but if a character has a big role on said game it's also allowed (BOTW Zelda, Isabelle, Marth).

Job 6:
Springman (ARMS)

Springman is one of playable characters from 2017 Switch fighting game ARMS. In the game, he is a young, enthusiastic fighter that recently joined the ARMS Grand Prix tournament.

Springman is the face of the game and he deserves to be in 2022 Smash as Switch rep, given the fact that ARMS needs to be represented in this game.
I know ARMS is kinda niche comparing to Splatoon, but at least it got some popularity because of Switch's release and it's gimmick.

His moveset would be similar to MinMin's, but it's based on his ARMS and he would have slightly different stats than MinMin in real smash.
His Final Smash would be the same as MinMin's, yet faster.

I nominate Springman, because he would represent ARMS and it would make sense to include him in Nintendo Crossover fighting game.
Also he would be one of Nintendo's modern characters that joined the roster.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Voting for the stages is done!
  • Green Gardens
  • Brinstar
Those will be our stages, now, for the characters
Our submissions are:
  1. Shulk
  2. Byleth
  3. Isabelle
  4. Spring Man
  5. Donkey Kong
  6. Yoshi
The three most voted characters will be added
VOTE HERE!

While voting is up.
Job 7: Submit two assists

Job 8: Submit a gamemode besides versus

Job 7:
A:
Metroid (metroid)
1656405797867.png

An enemy from eponymous NES game Metroid.

When summoned, it acts same like in real smash (You can kill it with freezing attacks like in home game).

B: Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)
Based on Smash Brawl rumors, I'm going to submit a character that was rumored to be an Assist Trophy like Rosalina...

Muddy Mole (Mole mania)

1656405814614.png

Muddy Mole is main Protagonist of Gameboy Title called Mole Mania, which is the Puzzle game and Muddy needs to save his Family before Farmer Jinbe will keep them in his house forever.

When summoned, Muddy would act like Knuckles, where he digs underground and he throws Metal balls at Opponents, dealing heavy damage. He could even push the ball to roll it on the ground.
He also moves opponents by pushing them or he also does a uppercut-like move when it burrows under the opponent.

It's kinda unlikely to make him a fighter in this game. At least he could be assist.

Job 8:
Arcade Mode

Arcade mode is a gamemode that is used a lot in fighting games. You fight the opponents in random order until you get to the final boss.

The arcade mode would be the same like in smash (Which it would include minigames based on bonus rounds from Nintendo games).
Each character has own arcade mode route like in Smash Ultimate.

Top Bottom