• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: What if Smash Ultimate had another year of development? (Job #26: Challenger Pack #2 criteria)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
BWD: 21​
Kazuya: 3​
Isaac: 15​
Lugia: 4​
Simon: 22
Waluigi: 17​
K.K. Slider: 4​
Sora: 12​
Isabelle: 2​
Chorus Men: 15​

! CHALLENGER APPROACHING !

Simon Belmont_SSBU.png
Simon
Joins the Hunt!

Music submissions are now open! These can be done independently from other jobs, so feel free to submit music for the franchises and companies represented in Ultimate. And speaking of other jobs:

Job #17: Game Modes

Submit the main game modes for Ultimate. My submisson:
  • Group
    • Vs. Mode
    • Squad Strike
    • Tourney
    • Special Smash
      • Smashdown
      • Super Sudden Death
      • Coin Smash
      • Custom Smash
  • Solo
    • Arcade
      • Classic Mode (branching paths depending on your performance)
      • Story Mode (each fighter has a predetermined route)
      • All-Star (opponents are fought by game of debut)
    • Stadium
      • Home-Run Contest
      • Volleyball
      • Mob Smash
        • Century Smash
        • Rival Smash (two different characters compete for the highest KO score)
        • Cruel Smash
      • Boss Battles
    • Creative Corner
      • Mode Builder (create your own Target Test and Story route and share them online)
      • Stage Builder
      • Mii Fighters
    • Training
  • Spirits
    • Adventure Mode
    • Spirit Board
    • Collection
    • DLC Spirit Boards
    • With Anyone
      • For Fun
      • For Glory
    • With Friends
    • Online Tourney
      • Regular
      • Event
      • Spectate
    • Shared Content
  • Vault
    • Sounds
    • Replays
      • Video Editor
    • Records
      • Stats
      • Milestones
      • Battle Data
      • Smash Tags
      • Past Opponents
    • Challenges
    • Tips
    • Movies
    • Shop
    • amiibo
  • Dashboard
    • Return to Main Menu
    • Collection
    • Local Wireless
    • News
    • Options
    • Help

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Okay, since nobody else responded to this, my submission wins by default.

Job #18: Adventure Mode

I know World of Light was a point of contention for a lot of people. Some liked it, some hated it. I’m personally mixed in the mode; I like it for actually taking us to locations based on the franchises represented, but it can definitely get repetitive since it’s nothing but Spirit Battles with the occasional boss battle.

So, I wanted to ask you guys; what’s your ideal Adventure Mode? Mine would be a mixture between WoL’s Spirit Battles and overworld, and SSE’s platforming levels and bosses.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Mine would be like a mix between Subspace and Melee's Adventure Mode.

Going through Nintendo/Third party locations from games overtaken and ruined with enemies swarming and bosses to fight.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Personally i think a sequel to Subspace would be best but with a key difference being the levels are based on areas from all the different franchises as opposed to having generic themes.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Mix of Subspace Emissary and Smash Run. Bosses will have unique features that represent their series. Ex: Bowser grows in size if Jr. gets defeated.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Perkilator: 6​
Mamboo: 9
nirvanafan: 2​
Northsouthmap: 7​
Adventure Mode is going to work more like Melee and Subspace Emissary! But we're still going to keep the World of Light title and premise, just without Spirits to rescue (although you can still earn and use them in the levels).

Job #19: Adventure Mode stages

Since we're doing levels based on the franchises represented in Smash, I figured we should get a comprehensive list in order. Just keep in mind, there's still going to be an overworld map and you can do levels in any order you like.You can list levels based on franchises without playable characters if you'd like. My submission:

1. Mushroomy Greens (Action)
    • The level starts with a tutorial
    • The first section’s design is a mix of World 1-1 from Super Mario Bros. and Green Greens from Kirby’s Dream Land
      • You can take a pipe underground for an alternate path
    • The second section is a ruins level with the design philosophy of both games
  2. Great Plateau (Action)
    • The first section has you exploring a bit of the Great Plateau, where you fight a Guardian at the end
    • The second section has you rescuing Link at the top of the tower
  3. Wily Egg
    • Loosely based on the the Launch Base from Sonic 3, the Wily stages from Mega Man 2, and the Death Egg from Sonic & Knuckles
    • The second section has you fighting the Yellow Devil while rescuing Sonic
    • The third section has you face off against Galleom
    • The last section has you face off against and rescue Mega Man
  4. Volcano Fortress
    • Based on castle stages from Super Mario Bros., taking place within a volcano
    • The last section has you fight Bowser, who then transforms into Giga Bowser
  5. Angel Land (Action)
    • The first two areas are littered with occasional bonus doors
      • Sometimes, Centurions will assist you during the first two areas
    • Area 1: The Underworld
      • The player travels upwards, with the screen sometimes scrolling near the end
      • Simon is rescued at the end
    • Area 2: Overworld
      • Completely a side-scrolling affair
      • Roy is rescued at the end
    • Area 3: Skyworld
      • Takes place on the Skyworld stage, where you rescue Pit
  6. DK Jungle (Hybrid)
    • Based on Jungle Hijinx and Mine Cart Madness
  7. Gourmet Race
    • The player challenges Yoshi, Wario and King Dedede in three races to rescue them, concluding with a battle against each one
      • Yoshi’s race takes place on Yoshi’s Story
      • Wario’s race takes place on Halberd
      • King Dedede’s race takes place on Fountain of Dreams
    • Occasionally, you’d be interrupted with enemies if you’re too far ahead of the opponent
  8. Space Pirate Base
    • The stage is one big Metroidvania-sized base
    • At the end, you rescue Samus and escape before the base explodes, which then results in rescuing Fox and Falco with the Great Fox just outside
    • This follows up with another Action section where you protect the Great Fox from Boss Galagas and Space Invaders
  9. Forest Hill
    • Same as before, except now it’s possible to encounter a Territorial Rotbart on the east side
  1. Sacred Land
    • Uses the Crystals from Final Fantasy
    • Wind Crystal for the Lost Woods, where the wind blows you over to different sections of the forest
    • Water Crystal for the flooded Kakariko Village, where you submerge into water and appear on a different section of the map
      • You need to light torches in the shape of a clock and get the right time to make the water disappear
    • Earth Crystal for the Gerudo Desert, where you are pulled into occasional quicksand and have to beat the enemies to escape
    • Fire Crystal for the entrance to Ganon’s Castle, which traps you until you defeat an illusion of Ganondorf
    • You will need all four crystals to gain access to Ganon’s Castle, an Action stage where you collect 4 keys related to the crystals
      • The Wind chamber involves wind pushing you in different directions, culminating in a fight with a Young Link illusion on Skyloft’s Goddess Statue
      • The Water chamber involves sections where you fight to fight underwater, culminating in a fight against a Zelda illusion on Great Bay
      • The Earth chamber involves you climbing up a ravine, culminating in a fight against another Ganondorf illusion on Gerudo Valley
      • The Fire Chamber, always the last one you go through, is a fight against Dark Link on Hyrule Temple Ω
    • The last section has you climb to the top of the castle, after which you fight Ganondorf; beating him causes the castle to collapse
    • After you escape the castle, Ganondorf transforms into Ganon; beating him rescues Ganondorf
  2. Mysterious Dimension
    • The level primarily revolves around answering quizzes correctly, but you will be forced to fight a strong enemy or a group of enemies for every question you get wrong
    • This culminates in a boss battle against Marx
  3. Dracula’s Castle
    • The level is based entirely on the first Castlevania game
      • Luigi is rescued at the end of the first section
      • Meta Knight is rescued at the end of the second section
      • Wolf is rescued at the end of the third section
      • Dark Pit is rescued at the end of the fourth section
      • Robin is rescued at the end of the fifth section
      • Richter is rescued at the end of the last section, after which you face Dracula
  • You rescue different Legend-class Spirits and fighters in order to get Master Hand and Crazy Hand to appear
  • After rescuing the true Master Hand and Crazy Hand, you can play as them in a 50-man horde battle against clones of
    • Mario
    • Kirby
    • Snake
    • Sonic
    • Mega Man
    • PAC-MAN
    • Ryu
    • Cloud
    • Bayonetta
    • Simon
  • The final blockade is a rematch against every other boss. If you achieve the true ending after this, you unlock Boss Battles mode.
  • The very last section is a final Action stage where you fight nearly every strong enemy in the game, and then fight Galeem and Dharkon afterwards

And while I'm here, I figured I would submit music for Final Fantasy. Again, you guys can submit music and movesets whenever you'd like.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Some Pokémon tracks

Battle: Lugia
Battle: Trainer (DPP)
Battle: Giratina
Route 225
Battle: Elite 4/Solgaleo and Lunala
Battle: Ultra Necrozma

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Sonic tracks

Green Hill Zone
Emerald Hill Zone
Chemical Plant Zone
Angel Island Zone
Stardust Speedway
Open Your Heart
Live and Learn
Escape from the City
Sonic Heroes
Reach for the Stars
Tropical Resort
Rooftop Run
Endless Possibility
Crisis City
Windy Hill Zone 1
Lights Camera Action!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The adventure mode stages I submitted win by default, since nobody submitted anything else for the prompt.

Job #20: Starting roster & demo loadout

The starting roster would also be in the demo. You can also submit some modes for people to try out. My submission:
Mario​
Donkey Kong​
Link​
Samus​
Yoshi​
Kirby​
Fox​
Pikachu​
Luigi​
Ness​
Captain Falcon​
Jigglypuff​
Inkling​
Banjo & Kazooie​
Ridley​
King K. Rool​
Pyra / Mythra​
Incineroar​
Mimikyu​
Slippy​
Min Min​
Ayumi​
Simon​
Mii Fighters​
Random​
  • Group
    • Vs. Mode
    • Squad Strike
    • Tourney
    • Special Smash
      • Smashdown
      • Super Sudden Death
      • Coin Smash
      • Custom Smash
  • Solo
    • Arcade
      • Classic Mode (branching paths depending on your performance)
    • Stadium
      • Home-Run Contest
      • Volleyball
      • Mob Smash
        • Century Smash
        • Rival Smash (two different characters compete for the highest KO score)
        • Cruel Smash
    • Creative Corner
      • Stage Builder
      • Mii Fighters
    • Training
  • Spirits
    • Spirit Board (a limited amount that only uses fighters in the demo, which is still quite a lot)
    • Collection
    • With Anyone
      • For Fun
      • For Glory
    • With Friends
    • Online Tourney
      • Regular
      • Event
      • Spectate
    • Shared Content
  • Vault
    • Replays
      • Video Editor
    • Records
      • Stats
      • Milestones
      • Battle Data
      • Smash Tags
      • Past Opponents
    • Tips
    • Shop
    • amiibo
  • Dashboard
    • Return to Main Menu
    • Collection
    • Local Wireless
    • News
    • Options
    • Help

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My starter roaster

:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultbowser::ultmarth::ultmewtwo::ultkingdedede:
Basically what the roaster of the first game was originally going to be

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Id probably not be as generous with the demo and have done something closer to Smash 3DS.

8 Fighters
:ultmario: :ultkirby: :ultdarksamus: :ulticeclimbers: :ultyounglink: :ultcorrin: :ultinkling: (Mimikyu)

3 Stages
Battlefield
Smashville
Dr. Mario

Only Vs Battles but Online available for NSO members.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Starting roster

Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Ness, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Jigglypuff,
Marth, Sonic, Olimar, Villager, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Shulk, Ryu, Inkling, Banjo Kazooie, Min Min, Simon

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Perkilator: 6​
BowserKing: 11
nirvanafan: 5​
Northsouthmap: 2​
BowserKing BowserKing 's starting roster will be used.

Discussion #1: How should be DLC be handled?

I waned to discuss this before I got into stuff like Assist Trophies, because they won't be eligible for DLC later on. How should we distribute DLC in this game? I was thinking two Fighters Passes, with five fighters in each pass, plus five fighters via free updates.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Two Fighter Passes, with 4 fighters in each pass plus one Echo fighter based on one of the four, like Coco from Crash.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I think the fighter passes should be handled exactly the same, although bonus free content would change since things like stage builder & homerun contest are already in the game. Perhaps a couple Echo fighters or different new modes.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
After much deliberation, I've decided that I'm going with my idea: five free update characters, and two Fighters Passes with 5 characters each, totalling about 100 playable characters (including Echoes).

Job #21: Pick an Assist Trophy to upgrade to playable

This will be the first free update character. I wanted to do this before talking about Assist Trophies because any Assist Trophies present in Ultimate are ineligible to be promoted later. So yeah, you guys might want to make your submission count. As for mine, I'm going with the obvious choice:
Waluigi.png

Waluigi
Invites Himself!

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
She became an assist trophy in Ultimate, so this might be ineligible.

Issac (Golden Sun)
View attachment 371028
Assist trophy in Brawl.
Good catch here & in the revised brawl thread,

For this one im a little confused, the job mentions any assist will be ineligible later so i guess the question becomes how we are handling assists, are we adding on to Ultimate or picking new and / or returning from scratch. Will change nominee if needed (ideally to Skull Kid if no one nomimates him before then)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
For this one im a little confused, the job mentions any assist will be ineligible later so i guess the question becomes how we are handling assists, are we adding on to Ultimate or picking new and / or returning from scratch. Will change nominee if needed (ideally to Skull Kid if no one nomimates him before then)
We’re going to be adding back every Assist Trophy (barring the playable characters who used to be Assist Trophies) plus adding new ones from each company and franchise.

Top Bottom