• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Video Game Brawl of Fame! A platform fighter with no Nintendo! (INDIEPALOOZA))

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Assist vote:
1. Crewmates & Imposter
2. Symphony Master
3. Sensei

Online Mode submission:

Ranked Match
A simple mode that would introduce a standard ranking system to online mode, this pairs players of a similar skill level together and if you win a fight, your rank goes up. Every character has individual ranks for you to raise.

Mortal Kombat stage submission:

The_Dead_Pool.jpg

Dead Pool (Mortal Kombat II)
This deadly stage takes place on a pool of acid, and is an iconic recurring location in the MK series.

Players will fight on a destructible floor trying to avoid falling into acid, occasionally chains will lower, revealing new platforms. Some chains even bring items down, attached to hooks.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Let's count the assist votes!

Symphony Master: 4 points
Monika: 4 points
Sensei: 6 points
Crewmates & Imposter: 14 points
Snake: 14 points

Well well! It looks like we've got a tie! In this case that means the following...

Crewmates & Imposter AND Snake are both being added!! Congrats to FazDude FazDude and myself!
===============
Now let's look at the new submissions!

Job #78: Submit an Online Mode!

So, I originally intended this as a vote related job, but everyone ended up submitting modes I'd feel weird about leaving to a vote, they all seem so necessary! So we're adding...

Tournament Mode ( darkvortex darkvortex )
Quickplay ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Ranked Match ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )

Thank all of you for submitting!

Job #79: Submit a Mortal Kombat Stage!

The Pit ( FazDude FazDude )
Dead Pool ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Shang Tsung's Courtyard ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

seeing as there's only three options here, we'll be using strawpoll to vote on this. CLICK HERE!!
=============
New Jobs!

First off, moveset submissions for Sub-Zero are still open!

Job #80: Submit a Fighter Reveal Trailer!

It's time to reveal a fighter or two! Here's how this'll work, write an outline for a trailer revealing any unrevealed fighter. You can be as detailed as you like. You can reveal up to two fighters. Please do not include Smash Bros styled fighter splashes akin to "Ridley hits the big time!". Finally, the following characters are off-limits, as they were revealed in the reveal trailer:

Pac-Man
Sonic
Lara Croft
Centipede
Space Invaders
Crash
Master Chief
Ryu

Job #81: Submit a set of 10 Alts for Sub-Zero!

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
  1. Default (Classic)
  2. Yellow (Based on Scorpion)
  3. Green (Based on Reptile)
  4. Red (Based on Ermac)
  5. Purple (Based on Rain)
  6. Grey (Based on Smoke)
  7. Black (Based on Noob Saibot)
  8. Deception
  9. Injustice 2
  10. Unmasked

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Sub-Zero Moveset Submission

This was... tricky to make, but I think I've got some sort of idea. I'm not an MK expert, so don't let my submission deter any of you from making your own Sub-Zero moveset.

Ice Kounter (Fighter Gimmick) - Freezing your opponents all the time might get annoying in a game where the movesets are pretty simple, this is here to hopefully alleviate that. Every time you hit an opponent with a freezing move they'll gain an Ice Kounter or two. Stack five Ice Kounters on an opponent to freeze them solid for a bit, they can even freeze midair! This can give you ample opportunity to hit them with a strong attack or just run around to collect items. Ice Kounters will slowly be removed if the opponent avoids being attacked by freezing moves for a while. If an opponent collects a healing item, a single Ice Kounter will be removed. If Sub-Zero loses a stock, all Ice Kounters will be removed.

Sub-Zero Kombo (Tap B+B+B) - A standard combo consisting of a punch, a kick, and a two handed push. You don't have to do the full combo if you don't want, it can be stopped at any time just by not mashing.
Cold Uppercut (Up + Tap B) - A simple uppercut move, launches the opponent upwards. Slightly.
Aerial Kick (Tap B Midair) - Sub-Zero kicks in the air, good for knocking opponents down to the ground.
Ice Freeze (Hold B) - Sub-Zero shoots an icy projectile forwards. Applies one Ice Kounter. Can be charged. Charged Ice Freeze Applies two Ice Kounters.

Ground Freeze (Forward + B) - Creates a slippery patch of ice in front of Sub-Zero. Deals no damage and applies no Ice Kounter, but it can cause opponents to trip on it! Only one Ground Freeze can be placed at once.
Destroy Ground Freeze (Forward + B while Ground Freeze is active) - Immediately shatters the Ground Freeze with icy spikes that damages opponents. Applies one Ice Kounter.
Aerial Ground Freeze (Forward + B Midair) - Acts the same as Ground Freeze.

Ice Slide (Down + B) - Speedily slides forwards with a trail of ice behind. Can be held to slide longer, stops at ledges. Applies one Ice Kounter if held for long enough before hitting opponent.
Ice Shower (Up + Hold B) ‐ Sub-Zero creates a large ball of ice and shoots it up into the sky, eventually descending downwards while locking onto an opponent. It moves pretty slow and is easy to avoid, so if it hits the opponent it will apply two Ice Kounters.

Ice Klone (Backwards + Hold B) - Sub-Zero creates an icy copy of himself while rolling behind it. If an opponent touches the Ice Klone, it'll apply two Ice Kounters.
Aerial Ice Klone (Backwards + Tap B Midair) - Sub-Zero creates a weaker Ice Klone while airborne. The Klone will stick in the air for a bit before plummeting down to the ground. Applies one Ice Kounter.

Icy Uppercut (Cold Uppercut near frozen opponent) - Strikes the frozen opponent with a powerful uppercut capable of launching them incredibly high. If the attack ends up KOing the opponent, their frozen form will shatter into pieces as the "Fatality" voiceclip is heard. (nothing graphic is shown.)

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Trailer submission:

We begin in the minecraft overworld as a new player spawns in. Steve immediately begins punching a tree as a montage of mining and crafting begins. Some highlights include building a dirt house, trading with villagers, tricking skeletons into attacking eachother, defeating endermen and exploring the Nether.

We then cut out of the montage and see Steve mining his way into a stronghold portal room. The portal looks less blocky than it does in Minecraft, but he jumps in regardless.

When he appears from the other side, he finds himself in one of the locations from the initial trailer, the camera zooms into Steve's eyes as he stares at all the fighting, and a gameplay showcase begins, revealing Steve's moveset and stage.

We cut back to the cg trailer footage with Steve riding in Master Chief's Warthog with Crash (referencing how Microsoft owns them all), the warthog skids to a stop next to a cliffside and the three watch as The Ender Dragon flies up from below, revealing it to be a Boss.

That's the basic idea; hope you all enjoy.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Hello hello! It's time for another update!

This one will be a bit different, as I'm carrying over Job #80 for one more round. If we don't get any new submissions for reveal trailers next round I'm going to have to rethink going about them, I did expect it to get more submissions than it wound up receiving.

Anyways, let's count the Mortal Kombat Stage votes...

Shang Tsung's Courtyard: 0 votes
Dead Pool: 0 votes
The Pit: 3 votes

It seems The Pit has won the stage vote! Congrats to FazDude FazDude for the great idea!

Next up, we've got job #81. darkvortex darkvortex submitted a pretty good selection of alts for sub-zero! I'm particularly a fan of the Deception costume inclusion, thank you for submitting!

1. Default (Classic)
  2. Yellow (Based on Scorpion)
  3. Green (Based on Reptile)
  4. Red (Based on Ermac)
  5. Purple (Based on Rain)
  6. Grey (Based on Smoke)
  7. Black (Based on Noob Saibot)
  8. Deception
  9. Injustice 2
  10. Unmasked
Finally, I've created a moveset for Sub-Zero! Seeing as it's the only submission, it looks like that's the one being canonized!

Sub-Zero Moveset Submission

This was... tricky to make, but I think I've got some sort of idea. I'm not an MK expert, so don't let my submission deter any of you from making your own Sub-Zero moveset.

Ice Kounter (Fighter Gimmick) - Freezing your opponents all the time might get annoying in a game where the movesets are pretty simple, this is here to hopefully alleviate that. Every time you hit an opponent with a freezing move they'll gain an Ice Kounter or two. Stack five Ice Kounters on an opponent to freeze them solid for a bit, they can even freeze midair! This can give you ample opportunity to hit them with a strong attack or just run around to collect items. Ice Kounters will slowly be removed if the opponent avoids being attacked by freezing moves for a while. If an opponent collects a healing item, a single Ice Kounter will be removed. If Sub-Zero loses a stock, all Ice Kounters will be removed.

Sub-Zero Kombo (Tap B+B+B) - A standard combo consisting of a punch, a kick, and a two handed push. You don't have to do the full combo if you don't want, it can be stopped at any time just by not mashing.
Cold Uppercut (Up + Tap B) - A simple uppercut move, launches the opponent upwards. Slightly.
Aerial Kick (Tap B Midair) - Sub-Zero kicks in the air, good for knocking opponents down to the ground.
Ice Freeze (Hold B) - Sub-Zero shoots an icy projectile forwards. Applies one Ice Kounter. Can be charged. Charged Ice Freeze Applies two Ice Kounters.

Ground Freeze (Forward + B) - Creates a slippery patch of ice in front of Sub-Zero. Deals no damage and applies no Ice Kounter, but it can cause opponents to trip on it! Only one Ground Freeze can be placed at once.
Destroy Ground Freeze (Forward + B while Ground Freeze is active) - Immediately shatters the Ground Freeze with icy spikes that damages opponents. Applies one Ice Kounter.
Aerial Ground Freeze (Forward + B Midair) - Acts the same as Ground Freeze.

Ice Slide (Down + B) - Speedily slides forwards with a trail of ice behind. Can be held to slide longer, stops at ledges. Applies one Ice Kounter if held for long enough before hitting opponent.
Ice Shower (Up + Hold B) ‐ Sub-Zero creates a large ball of ice and shoots it up into the sky, eventually descending downwards while locking onto an opponent. It moves pretty slow and is easy to avoid, so if it hits the opponent it will apply two Ice Kounters.

Ice Klone (Backwards + Hold B) - Sub-Zero creates an icy copy of himself while rolling behind it. If an opponent touches the Ice Klone, it'll apply two Ice Kounters.
Aerial Ice Klone (Backwards + Tap B Midair) - Sub-Zero creates a weaker Ice Klone while airborne. The Klone will stick in the air for a bit before plummeting down to the ground. Applies one Ice Kounter.

Icy Uppercut (Cold Uppercut near frozen opponent) - Strikes the frozen opponent with a powerful uppercut capable of launching them incredibly high. If the attack ends up KOing the opponent, their frozen form will shatter into pieces as the "Fatality" voiceclip is heard. (nothing graphic is shown.)

as stated prior, Job #80 will be carried over for this round.

It's time to reveal a fighter or two! Here's how this'll work, write an outline for a trailer revealing any unrevealed fighter. You can be as detailed as you like. You can reveal up to two fighters. Please do not include Smash Bros styled fighter splashes akin to "Ridley hits the big time!". Finally, the following characters are off-limits, as they were revealed in the reveal trailer:

Pac-Man
Sonic
Lara Croft
Centipede
Space Invaders
Crash
Master Chief
Ryu
Now, let's look at a new job!

Job #82: Submit up to 5 Collectible Tokens for the Centipede/Atari series!

It's time for more tokens! Like with other Centipede related rounds I'll be allowing access to the entire Atari library for representation. Please include bronze, silver, or gold rarities on each token. Centipede is in by default. And descriptions are optional but VERY appreciated!

Alright, with that out of the way let's have another discussion.

Open Discussion: Concerns of Engagement

So, I've got a few general questions revolving the engagement to this thread. Answers will help me in figuring out the best way to operate this project.

What types of jobs engage you the most?
Which ones interest you the least?
Is there anything I can do to make less interesting jobs more appealing?
Is there anything I can do to make my updates more appealing?

Really, just share all your thoughts regarding the management and jobs for this thread, any advice is welcome!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  • Mushroom(Centipede) - Bronze
  • Galahad(Galahad and the Holy Grail) - Bronze
  • Boxer(Boxing) - Bronze
  • Millipede(Centipede) - Silver
  • Paddle(Breakout) - Gold

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
  • Spaceship (Asteroids) - Gold
  • Yar (Yars Revenge) - Silver
  • Yorgle (Adventure) - Silver
  • Bentley Bear (Crystal Castles) - Bronze
  • Eyes (Haunted House) - Bronze

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #082:
  • Missile (Missile Command) - Bronze
    • Five cities. Three bases. One objective - to defend from a never-ending barrage from the sky. And all with the power of a limited supply of these little things. Fortunately, whether you're defending from abstract forces or from three-dimensional aliens, you can depend on their explosive yield.
  • Sword of Ultimate Sorcery (SwordQuest) - Bronze
    • Drawn from the depths of Earthworld, the Sword of Ultimate Sorcery is an artifact of unimaginable power... having opened the gates to Fireworld, and then drawn a pair of travellers to the enigmatic Airworld, it seems to exist in many worlds at once. Including our own, in fact!
  • Evil Otto (Berzerk) - Bronze
    • The robots have taken over. And they are controlled by that wretched smile. Bullets do not faze him, nor walls or any other barrier - but he chases, and he never stops. You are, after all, an intruder. And this terrible labyrinth has a very effective intruder removal system.
  • Fuji - Silver
    • Three prongs, drawing in and pointing skyward. A mountain of peace and tranquility. Looking up, and beyond, into the future. An iconic piece of, well, iconography, Fuji's inextricably linked to the Atari identity. Also, did you know the name atari refers to "hitting a target" in Japanese?
  • Pong (Pong) - Gold
    • Though it might just look like a crude imitation of a tennis match, this token's a representation of where all of this began... well, technically. Over 50 years ago, this kicked off a video revolution - so show your elders some respect and don't fall for the fakers, dammit!

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Another slow round, but that's ok! Let's review what we've got for now, then we can get to... bigger things.

I was the only one to submit anything for this round, so it looks like Steve's getting the first solo reveal trailer!

• Mushroom(Centipede) - Bronze
  • Galahad(Galahad and the Holy Grail) - Bronze
  • Boxer(Boxing) - Bronze
  • Millipede(Centipede) - Silver
  • Paddle(Breakout) - Gold
  • Spaceship (Asteroids) - Gold
  • Yar (Yars Revenge) - Silver
  • Yorgle (Adventure) - Silver
  • Bentley Bear (Crystal Castles) - Bronze
  • Eyes (Haunted House) - Bronze
Job #082:
  • Missile (Missile Command) - Bronze
    • Five cities. Three bases. One objective - to defend from a never-ending barrage from the sky. And all with the power of a limited supply of these little things. Fortunately, whether you're defending from abstract forces or from three-dimensional aliens, you can depend on their explosive yield.
  • Sword of Ultimate Sorcery (SwordQuest) - Bronze
    • Drawn from the depths of Earthworld, the Sword of Ultimate Sorcery is an artifact of unimaginable power... having opened the gates to Fireworld, and then drawn a pair of travellers to the enigmatic Airworld, it seems to exist in many worlds at once. Including our own, in fact!
  • Evil Otto (Berzerk) - Bronze
    • The robots have taken over. And they are controlled by that wretched smile. Bullets do not faze him, nor walls or any other barrier - but he chases, and he never stops. You are, after all, an intruder. And this terrible labyrinth has a very effective intruder removal system.
  • Fuji - Silver
    • Three prongs, drawing in and pointing skyward. A mountain of peace and tranquility. Looking up, and beyond, into the future. An iconic piece of, well, iconography, Fuji's inextricably linked to the Atari identity. Also, did you know the name atari refers to "hitting a target" in Japanese?
  • Pong (Pong) - Gold
    • Though it might just look like a crude imitation of a tennis match, this token's a representation of where all of this began... well, technically. Over 50 years ago, this kicked off a video revolution - so show your elders some respect and don't fall for the fakers, dammit!
We've got 15 New Tokens thanks to this job! Thank you so much for submitting!

Job #83: Submit a Music List for Blood Gulch! (Halo series)

It's time for a new music job, as usual you may submit no less than four songs and no more than eight songs!

Job #84: Submit a Shopkeeper!

Here's an idea I've had for a while, I'm thinking the game would benefit from a shop of sorts where you can buy Tokens, Artwork, Music Tracks, and whatever else we feel like adding.

But a shop needs someone who can run it! For this job you'll submit a character you believe can fill this role. I can't wait to see what ideas you may come up with!

Job #85: Submit a Villain for the Roster!

That's right! It's time to get sinister! There's a lot of iconic baddies out there, even without access to certain turtles or space pirates. I recommend looking for villains that can stand as the sole representative of their series. Can't wait to see what kinds of devious do-badders are submitted!

FazDude

Smash Master
Shopkeeper: Villager (Minecraft)

I think it'd be funny. If we got dialogue for the shopkeepers, having Villager talk all in "hmmm" and "hrrrr" would be gold.

Villain: Diablo (...Diablo)

I'll leave the more obvious Eggman and Bison up to others; For this, I'm submitting the villain - As in, the goddamn devil. Plus, having a RTS rep would be fun, and Diablo could bring a lot of interesting ideas to the table - This video by the Duke of Dorks, despite being made for Smash, has a lot of cool things I'd give Diablo in Brawl of Fame.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Missed the open discussion but will post my opinions anyway.
  • I tend to focus on fighter, assists, stage, & collectable (in this thread coin) jobs.
  • I tend to skip item, moveset, & music jobs. I also miss weekend jobs because im just not on here that much around that time.
  • Honestly im not sure there is much you can do to increase my interest for music & item jobs. For music i tend to get decision paralysis & let other people handle it. For the rest im just not super creative with that stuff.
  • I think your running the thread very well. The only thing i have mixed feelings on is the pace. On one end it does stand out & keeps things fresh since i feel like most creates threads run slower. Plus it is good to still be able to participate in something if there is an active job i tend to skip. On another end it, and maybe its just me, but to use an example, right now in another creates thread (Infinite) there is a dump of jobs. I want to particularly participate in the collectables section but there are so many different categories & i have no ideas off the top of my head plus there are other good nominees anyway so im leaning towards skipping it in general. I guess too much of popular jobs at once can backfire at least for me & its a balance to be mindful of.
Shopkeep - Emil (Nier/Drakengard)

Very popular series character. Party member in Replicant before returning as a Merchant & in some of the more major side quests of Automata.

Villain Fighter - Wesker (Resident Evil)

Wesker is the most iconic character from the series for me & always thought hed be a good pick over one of the many series protags.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 84: Merchant (Resident Evil)

images (3).jpeg

Merchant is a character from Resident Evil,he just appears in Resident Evil 4 and he is a unknown person who sell weapons for Leon

I choose Merchant because yes,that could be good as a shopkeeper

Job 85: Monokuma (Danganronpa)

Monokuma_Ilustração.png

Monokuma is a villain from Danganronpa series,he is a robot bear and mascot of a killing game on a school called Hope's Peak academy and commaning by Junko Enoshima, well,we don't have a Visual Novel rep for Brawl of Fame, i also wanted to submit Nightmare and Lich King,but Monokuma is allright

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Shopkeeper:

Prize Counter Employee (...Real Life?)

ac7c4d_f68cf4a05e84462c9d6e1dd91091be6a~mv2.jpg

So... this submission is gonna be a bit different. First because this is a character that's not from any video game and second because this is more about the aesthetic they'd bring with em.

Prize Counters are a staple of a lot of arcades and I think it'd be fun to represent that in Brawl of Fame. The whole shop would have a Prize Counter aesthetic and the currency could even be tickets!

Villain:

Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
PHbom.png

The most iconic monster to come out of the Silent Hill series. Pyramid Head (also known as Red Pyramid Thing, among other names) first appeared in Silent Hill 2 and has made an undeniable impact in the world of horror as a whole. He was even the first video game character to appear in Dead by Daylight, a game filled with iconic horror villains.

Pyramid Head in Brawl of Fame would be a lot of fun, picture a slow-moving heavy hitter that strikes fear into his opponents.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 385910

Merchant is a character from Resident Evil,he just appears in Resident Evil 4 and he is a unknown person who sell weapons for Leon

View attachment 385913

Monokuma is a villain from Danganronpa series,he is a robot bear and mascot of a killing game on a school called Hope's Peak academy and commaning by Junko Enoshima, well,we don't have a Visual Novel rep for Brawl of Fame, i also wanted to submit Nightmare and Lich King,but Monokuma is allright
Sorry, RE Merchant is already submitted.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium

View attachment 385910

View attachment 385913

Shopkeeper:

Prize Counter Employee (...Real Life?)

View attachment 385912
So... this submission is gonna be a bit different. First because this is a character that's not from any video game and second because this is more about the aesthetic they'd bring with em.

Prize Counters are a staple of a lot of arcades and I think it'd be fun to represent that in Brawl of Fame. The whole shop would have a Prize Counter aesthetic and the currency could even be tickets!

Villain:

Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
View attachment 385914
The most iconic monster to come out of the Silent Hill series. Pyramid Head (also known as Red Pyramid Thing, among other names) first appeared in Silent Hill 2 and has made an undeniable impact in the world of horror as a whole. He was even the first video game character to appear in Dead by Daylight, a game filled with iconic horror villains.

Pyramid Head in Brawl of Fame would be a lot of fun, picture a slow-moving heavy hitter that strikes fear into his opponents.
Its cool, i noticed & switched my nominee to Emil.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Alright! Another slow round, but that's ok! Let's review what we've got for now, then we can get to... bigger things.

I was the only one to submit anything for this round, so it looks like Steve's getting the first solo reveal trailer!

We've got 15 New Tokens thanks to this job! Thank you so much for submitting!

It's time for a new music job, as usual you may submit no less than four songs and no more than eight songs!

Here's an idea I've had for a while, I'm thinking the game would benefit from a shop of sorts where you can buy Tokens, Artwork, Music Tracks, and whatever else we feel like adding.

But a shop needs someone who can run it! For this job you'll submit a character you believe can fill this role. I can't wait to see what ideas you may come up with!

That's right! It's time to get sinister! There's a lot of iconic baddies out there, even without access to certain turtles or space pirates. I recommend looking for villains that can stand as the sole representative of their series. Can't wait to see what kinds of devious do-badders are submitted!
I'm not really familiar with the Halo series' music, so I'll skip on that one. Though...

Job #084:
Shopkeeper Name: Torneko
Shopkeeper Origin: Dragon Quest IV (1990)

A pretty beloved reoccuring character in the Dragon Quest series (and even having a spinoff series in his own right), Torneko is a genuinely kindly merchant who runs his business mostly to make his wife happy, as opposed to out of some kind of greed. Plus, he's honestly a pretty cool guy.

Job #085:
Villain Name: King Pig
Villain Origin: Angry Birds (2009)

A weirder submission than some (considering I originally considered Dr. Wily), but one I think makes a lot of sense. Angry Birds has a lot to work with, but I think a character with a focus on defence would be quite interesting - plus, King Pig could easily use a variety of the tools and items from Bad Piggies for things like movement and more unique attacks overall. Helpfully, he's also decently well-known.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Sorry I never did a trailer. had ideas but no time.
Halo Music
  1. Main Theme - Halo
  2. Perilous Journey - Halo Combat Evolved
  3. A Walk in the Woods - Halo: Combat Evolved
  4. Blow Me Away - Halo 2
  5. Warthog Run - Halo 3
  6. Overtrue - Halo Reach
  7. We're The Desperate Measures - Halo 3 ODST
  8. Set a Fire in Your Heart - Halo Infinite

DmR2NNoXgAAfHf6.png

Stan (Monkey Island)
Pretty iconic shopkeep from a very memorable game that will likely not get the representation otherwise.

Jinx-artwork-lol.png

Jinx (League of Legends)
I'll be honest. I've never really played League nor is it a game or genre I have a ton of interest in. But it's one of the biggest games in the world and I think it's important to add characters who appeal to different regions (See Terry and Hero in smash). Crucially, there was just an extremely popular League of Legends based show (Arcane) on Netflix which Jinx was a major parts of. Looking online I think you could actually make a pretty fun moveset for her with her many weapons. You could even build gimmicks around the RTS gameplay of her series.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I never did a trailer. had ideas but no time.
Halo Music
  1. Main Theme - Halo
  2. Perilous Journey - Halo Combat Evolved
  3. A Walk in the Woods - Halo: Combat Evolved
  4. Blow Me Away - Halo 2
  5. Warthog Run - Halo 3
  6. Overtrue - Halo Reach
  7. Were The Desperate Measures - Halo 3 ODST
  8. Set a Fire in Your Heart - Halo Infinite

View attachment 385915
Stan (Monkey Island)
Pretty iconic shopkeep from a very memorable game that will likely not get the representation otherwise.

View attachment 385916
Jinx (League of Legends)
I'll be honest. I've never really played League nor is it a game or genre I have a ton of interest in. But it's one of the biggest games in the world and I think it's important to add characters who appeal to different regions (See Terry and Hero in smash). Crucially, there was just an extremely popular League of Legends based show (Arcane) on Netflix which Jinx was a major parts of. Looking online I think you could actually make a pretty fun moveset for her with her many weapons. You could even build gimmicks around the RTS gameplay of her series.
Could you perhaps include links in your music list? It'll help with consistency with other lists if it gets chosen, among other things.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Villain Fighter: Doctor Ivo Robotnink

One of gaming's most iconic villains. He'll mainly be in an mech a la his playstyle in Sonic Adventure 2 with attacks representing his many, many boss fights across the years.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Let's dig into this stuff, we're very close to a very important milestone for this thread...

But first!

Only one person submitted a Music List for this job, so no vote is going through and darkvortex darkvortex 's submission is being added without debate! Great selection btw!

Super happy with the submissions here, let's look at them!

Moneybags ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Villager ( FazDude FazDude )
Emil ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Merchant ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Prize Counter Employee ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Torneko ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Stan ( darkvortex darkvortex )

this vote will follow the standard "top three" system. You know the rules. Only one will win.

Diablo ( FazDude FazDude )
Wesker ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Monokuma ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Pyramid Head ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
King Pig ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Jinx ( darkvortex darkvortex )
Dr. Eggman ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )

quite the variety here, from a pig that steals eggs to the literal devil. Very fun! Once again we'll be using the "top three" system as usual, you know the rules.
===========
New Jobs!

Job #86: Submit a set of Misc Info for a fighter!

Let's do this job again! If you need a refresher, Misc Info refers to the following:

entrance animation
3 taunts
victory animation
losing animation
victory theme

You can submit Misc Info for any fighter aside from Sonic, Crash, and Pac-Man. They already have misc info.

Job #87: Is Swimming a Thing?

Smash has swimming, do we have swimming? If we do, does it act any different than smash? This might be a weird job, but it needed to be addressed at some point. This job is really more of a discussion, share your thoughts and we'll figure this out come thr next update.

FazDude

Smash Master
Shopkeepers
  1. Merchant
  2. Villager
  3. Prize Corner Employee
Villains
  1. Jinx
  2. Diablo
  3. King Pig
HM to Eggman and Wesker - Both would be really fun, but I still have some reservations about double-dipping in franchises.
Steve Misc Info
  • Stage Entrance: Steve just kinda appears on-stage, with text in the corner reading "Steve has joined the game." If playing as Alex, her name will pop up in Steve's place, while Zombie, Skeleton, Enderman, and Piglin don't get text at all.
  • Taunts:
    • Honestly, I'm down to borrow all of these from Smash - The only change I'd make is that Steve's eating taunt now picks a random food rather than always going with steak.
  • Victory Animation: Steve quickly builds a house and then stands in front of it. Fireworks can be seen going off in the background.
  • Losing Animation: Steve just claps, resembling the emote from Bedrock versions of Minecraft.
  • Victory Theme: A flourished excerpt of Minecraft.
Swimming
Sure, why not? I'd like it to work the way it does in Smash.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Space Invaders Misc Info:

Entrance: A UFO flies down by the stage and three Invaders exit from it.
Taunt 1: the Space Invaders do a quick spin in a wheel motion.
Taunt 2: the Space Invaders line up vertically and bob left and right, resembling their motion in the game.
Taunt 3: the Space Invaders line up horizontally and bob up and down, resembling jumping for joy.
Winning Animation: the Space Invaders line up as a whole armada appears with them, covering the screen in an attack formation.
Losing Animation: The Space Invaders explode as "Insert Coin" begins to flicker on screen where they once were.
Victory Theme: A chiptune remix of VICTORY (WIN) - Space Invaders Get Even.

Shopkeeper vote:

1. Torneko
2. Prize Counter Employee
3. Villager

Fighter vote:

1. King Pig (A character I never considered but am now obsessed over for some reason)
2. Diablo (Can't resist putting the devil in our game)
3. Monokuma (Seems pretty interesting)

Echoing FazDude's sentiments regarding Wesker and Eggman, as cool as they are.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I think it's time to count some votes!

Stan: 0 points
Moneybags: 2 points
Emil: 4 points
Torneko: 4 points

Prize Counter Employee: 7 points
Villager: 11 points
Merchant: 13 points

"Whaddya buyin'?" The Merchant from RE4 is our game's shopkeeper! A very interesting choice that's sure to bring a level of... shadyness to the shop. Congrats to DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 for submitting him!

Pyramid Head: 0 points
Wesker: 2 points
Eggman: 2 points
King Pig: 7 points
Monokuma: 7 points

Jinx: 9 points
Diablo: 15 points

With a whopping fifteen points it looks like the devil himself, Diablo, is joining Brawl of Fame! Congrats to FazDude FazDude for the unholy suggestion!

and with that, we now have fifteen fighters! That's halfway through the roster, this is something we oughta celebrate! But first:
================
Submissions:

Job #86: Submit a set of Misc Info for a fighter!

We've got two new sets of Misc Info thanks to FazDude FazDude and myself! Thank you! Steve & Space Invaders have everything a fighter needs now!

The Swimming Job:

General consensus says we have Smash style swimming, so now we do! Thank you for your input!

===============
New Jobs!

Job #88: Submit a Diablo Stage!

Our big red fighter is gonna need a home stage, so let's get that sorted out!

Job #89: Submit an Assist from a series that's already represented in Brawl of Fame!

We've added quite a few character heavy franchises since last time we ran this job. From Digimon to TF2 to Mortal Kombat among others. Please include built-in and item mode functions!

Oh, and DIABLO MOVESET SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN!

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Accidently posted this comment, ignore this one, the above post is not to be ignored though

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
TF2 Assist: Spy

When summoned as an Item Assist, the Spy takes the guise of a random opponent and will use their moveset to fight for a brief period. However, if the opponent's back is turned to the Spy, he has a small chance to decloak and backstab them, dealing mortal damage before leaving the stage. He can be KO'd, and can be seen decloaking during his defeat animation.

When summoned as a Built-In Assist, the Spy steps out from behind the fighter and stabs forward. The special part of this summon is that if the Spy backstabs an opponent, they'll take critical damage and be put into a crumple state.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
So, fifteen fighters eh? That's a rather important milestone, being halfway down the roster and all.

Let's celebrate it by looking back at our chosen fighters, and see what they can teach us about where to move forward.
export202403052155190779.png

Here we are, a pretty fun selection. I'm going to take inspiration from another thread (Anime FighterZ) and essentially run down and group up characters by what they represent. So lets get started:

Of our current roster...
  • ...1 character is from the 70s (Space Invaders, this makes them the oldest fighter on the roster)
  • ...4 characters are from the 80s (PAC-MAN, Centipede, Erdrick, Ryu)
  • ...7 characters are from the 90s (Sonic, Lara Croft, Jill Valentine, Crash, Agumon, Sub-Zero, Diablo). This makes it the most represented decade.
  • ...2 characters are from the 2000s (Master Chief, The Heavy), 3 if you count Steve.
  • ...1 character is from the 2010s (Steve, Minecraft fully released in 2011) 0 if you DON'T count Steve.
  • ...0 characters are from the 2020s.
  • ...2 characters are female, 4 if you count alts. (Lara, Jill, Erdrick, Alex)
  • ...3 characters are villains (Space Invaders, Centipede, Diablo)
  • ...8 characters were created by western devs (Lara, Centipede, Crash, Master Chief, Heavy, Steve, Sub-Zero, Diablo)
  • ...7 characters were created by eastern devs (Pac-Man, Sonic, Jill, Space Invaders, Erdrick, Ryu, Agumon.)
  • And finally, I won't bog this down with a ton of nitty gritty genre or company rep talk, but there's one thing I feel should be brought to everyone's attention...
  • ...4 characters are owned by Microsoft (Crash, Master Chief, Steve, Diablo.)
  • ...0 characters are owned by Sony.
So yeah, let's add an open discussion about this.

What are you thoughts about the current roster, and what are your thoughts regarding the representation categories I've compiled here today?

And, to add a bit more fun, who would you main?

Last edited:
Top Bottom