• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Video Game Brawl of Fame! A platform fighter with no Nintendo! (INDIEPALOOZA))

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Really struggling to come up with a Diablo Stage since I'm super unfamiliar with the series, but I'll try at some point today.

But first! Assist Submission!
Togemon_b.jpg

Togemon (Digimon series)
A classic and iconic Digimon, and one of my favorites.

In Item Mode, Togemon will spin around where they spawned, using Needle Spray to attack any foes within range.

In Assist Mode, Togemon will use Coconut Counter, only appearing if an opponent attacks the summoner within a short time period. They'll then use a couple Coconut Punches on the opponent before finishing off with a Coconut Upper.
========
Also, it's been a slow day for the thread, so just so there's no confusion these Diablo Stage and Assist jobs are still open, my big roster recap didn't close them.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Haven’t been active on creation threads that much lately but I’m just jumping in here and I think it’s definitely a solid base for a roster and a good amount of genres have representation here. Centipede and Sub-Zero are probably the more unique characters here.

I’d say going forward some more obscure or less expected characters could be the natural follow up but there are still some big AAA characters to add (someone from a Rockstar game could be cool as an example). Some second reps could make the roster more interesting too. Arbiter, Chun-Li or Slime are just ones off the top of my head.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Haven’t been active on creation threads that much lately but I’m just jumping in here and I think it’s definitely a solid base for a roster and a good amount of genres have representation here. Centipede and Sub-Zero are probably the more unique characters here.

I’d say going forward some more obscure or less expected characters could be the natural follow up but there are still some big AAA characters to add (someone from a Rockstar game could be cool as an example). Some second reps could make the roster more interesting too. Arbiter, Chun-Li or Slime are just ones off the top of my head.
Yeah, really hoping for more obscure/weird picks myself. I've got a couple jobs lined up designed to encourage more of them.

Having secondary reps doesn't seem to be the direction this thread is going, but I'm not completely against it, especially with your reasoning. At the same time I feel like it's possible to make a solid roster with unique picks without it.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Assist - Will Resubmit below

Dingodile (Crash)

Item - Will blast fireballs in the air that ill fall back down in various locations.

Built In - Will blast shoot a burst of flames foward from his flamethrower.
Stage - Stronghold

Never played a Diablo game, saw this image come up on google & thought it looked cool & can be a Peachs Castle like stage. Think its art of a stronghold but i was not able to verify, not sure if anyone knows & can correct if wrong.

Roster Thoughts - Think we got a good balance going. Think we can use some more modern reps. Probably should have at least 1 more (non-alt) female fighter & modern villain. As for sony idk, on one end they should be here on another end do they really feel like they are missing with Crash here & other potential associated characters on the table like Cloud, Snake, a Mishima, or a Persona rep to name a few.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Screenshot223.jpg

Battlefields of Eternity
This stage has you atop some ruins in the battlefield ( similar to Reset Bomb Forest but with no walls) as you see many demons in the background.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Assist - Will Resubmit below

Stage - Stronghold

Never played a Diablo game, saw this image come up on google & thought it looked cool & can be a Peachs Castle like stage. Think its art of a stronghold but i was not able to verify, not sure if anyone knows & can correct if wrong.

Roster Thoughts - Think we got a good balance going. Think we can use some more modern reps. Probably should have at least 1 more (non-alt) female fighter & modern villain. As for sony idk, on one end they should be here on another end do they really feel like they are missing with Crash here & other potential associated characters on the table like Cloud, Snake, a Mishima, or a Persona rep to name a few.
On roster thoughts, it's probably just me but having one or two sony-owned reps would go a long way in making the game feel like a proper hall of fame and not "Xbox Smash Bros with a really really weird guest fighter selection".

Anyways, Diablo Stage:
Final_Stand.jpg

Chaos_sancutary.jpg

Chaos Sanctuary (Diablo II)

Diablo's throne, essentially. The final area in Diablo II and a dark cathedral of sorts surrounded by Lava and Blood.

Platforms crumble below you as lava rises and falls, enemies from the series will also appear in the background.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

Infernal Shrines
From Heroes of the Storm, the stage moves left and right with different hazards on each side.

King Slime (Dragon Quest)
Item Function: King Slime breaks apart into several normal Slimes that deal damage when touched
Built-In Function: King Slime drops into the stage like Snorlax

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman

Infernal Shrines
From Heroes of the Storm, the stage moves left and right with different hazards on each side.

King Slime (Dragon Quest)
Item Function: King Slime breaks apart into several normal Slimes
Built-In Function: King Slime drops into the stage like Snorlax
Firstly, what do the normal slimes do? Gameplay-wise

Secondly, oh thank heavens I don't have to make these StrawPolls now

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Re5-albert-wesker-removebg-preview.png

Albert Wesker

In item mode he will dash around the stage and attack like his super in MVC

In built in mode he will half transform into his monster form and his tentacles to attack

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Let's look at these submissions!

Diablo Stage:

Stronghold ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Battlefields of Eternity ( darkvortex darkvortex )
Chaos Sanctuary ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Infernal Shrines ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

Vote for your top three! You know the rules, but if you don't, don't include your own submission in 1st place.

Assist:

Spy ( FazDude FazDude )
Togemon ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Dingodile ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
King Slime ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Wesker ( darkvortex darkvortex )

Vote for your top three, same rules as above.
==========
New Jobs!

Job #90: Submit a set of 10 alts for Diablo!

Time for more alts!

Job #91: Submit a mode, any mode!

This'll be another mode vote, this time with no restrictions. Make sure to check the "masterlist" on the first page of the thread to avoid any accidental overlaps.

DIABLO MOVESET SUBMISSIONS ARE STILL OPEN! OH... AND ALSO!

TRAILER AND FIGHTER MISC INFO SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW PERMANENTLY OPEN!

yeah, I thought this might make sense. Gives people the chance to think up trailers and misc info without a time limit causing pressure.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
1. Wesker
2. King Slime
3. Togemon

1. Infernal Shrines
2. Battlefields of Eternity
3. Chaos Sanctuary

Diablo Alts.

1. Red Body, Black spikes, horns, and claws. (Default. Based on his Diablo 2 appearance)
2. Red body, Tan pointy bits, Tan underbelly. (Based on Diablo I appearance)
3. Black body, black pointy bits, red underbelly. (Diablo Immortal appearance)
4. Green body, black pointy bits, tan underbelly. (Based on his Toxic alt from Heroes of the Storm)
5. Gold body, gold pointy bits, white underbelly. (Inspired by Archangel skin from Heroes of the Storm)
6. White body, black pointy bits. (Original, just think it would look nice)
7. Purple body, dark red pointy bits. (Loosely inspired by the occasional purple demon you'll see in media)
8. Blue body, tan underbelly, black pointy bits. (Based on the Soul alt on the Hell Iron Diablo skin in Heroes of the Storm)
9. Pink body, light pink underbelly, light pink pointy bits. (Original)
10. El Chamuco Diablo.

Sorry for no Diablo III skin, but i think his proportions are too different to really work as one.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Spy
2. King Slime
3. Togemon

1. Infernal Shrines
2. Battlefield of Eternity
3. Chaos Santuary

View attachment 377660
Sports Mode
Can be played with other players and with the CPU. Is like the sports mode from Slapcity or the same team's Nickelodeon All Star Brawl. Use your attacks to get the ball into a goal. There are variant versions based on different ball sports like basketball, volleyball and soccer.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
1 Wesker (no wonder no one voted for him for villain job, forgot Jill was already in, my bad for that)
2 Dingodile
3 Spy

1 Chaos Sanctuary
2 Battlefields of Eternity
3 Infernal Shrines

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Let's dig into the votes!

Diablo Stage:

Stronghold: 2 points
Chaos Sanctuary: 8 points
Infernal Shrines: 12 points
Battlefields of Eternity: 15 points!

Battlefields of Eternity
wins the vote! Making it our Diablo Stage! Congrats to darkvortex darkvortex !

Assist Vote:

Togemon: 5 points
King Slime: 8 points
Dingodile: 9 points
Wesker: 11 points
Spy: 14 points

Looks like Spy is joining the assist roster! Congrats to FazDude FazDude !

Job #90: Submit a set of 10 alts for Diablo!

looks like only one submission was made for this job, and it was from me! I'll add this to the list.

Job #91: Submit a mode, any mode!

Only two submissions here, probably a sign that we're reaching the end of mode related jobs. Let's look at these and then get voting!

Sports Mode ( darkvortex darkvortex )
Endless Mode ( FazDude FazDude )

We'll be using StrawPoll for this vote, CLICK HERE!

Job #92: Submit an "Other" Stage!

It's been a while since our last "Other" Stage, so let's add one. Submit a Stage from a game not represented on the roster, try to avoid games with characters you'd want on the roster.

Job #93: Submit up to 5 Collectible Tokens for the Dragon Quest series!

Alright, time for more tokens. As usual, please include a rarity (Bronze, Silver, Gold) and descriptions are optional but VERY appreciated. Erdrick is in by default

DIABLO MOVESET SUBMISSIONS ARE STILL OPEN, ALONG WITH TRAILER AND MISC INFO SUBMISSIONS

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Tetris

It’s what you’d expect, basically being Tetris played in perpetuity as a stage, with the bricks falling down at you.

Slime - Bronze
Golem - Bronze
King Slime - Silver
Dragonlord - Gold
Luminary - Gold
(Think I did that right, let me know if I didn’t)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Diablo Moveset

Neutral Special - Lightning Breath, Diablo shoots a large stream of Fire and Lightning Forwards, This can be aimed in 16 directions around Diablo

Side Special - Shadow Charge, Diablo Charges forward dealing damage to enemies in their way, They gain a small speed boost if they hit someone.

Down Special - Fire Stomp, Diablo Stomps down, dealing a lot of damage around Diablo and then 2 streams of fire move across the ground in front and behind them.

Up Special - Horrifying Leap, Diablo Jumps Upwards infused with Lightning.

Final Smash - Apocalypse, Every opponent is marked with a demonic rune and after a while it explodes, instantly KO-ing anyone over 100%

Bright Falls (Alan Wake)

This stage takes place on a series of docks and a boat in Bright Falls. There is water across the whole stage

The background you can see the main street with places like the Oh Deer Diner and various other places and people, like Rose, Sarah Breaker, Cynthia Weaver, Emil Hartman and The Anderson Brothers. getting ready for Deerfest.

The stage also has a day-night cycle during the day there are no hazards but once it becomes night the Dark Presence makes itself known. A large tornado appears in the background and various Taken appear as well. The Dark Presence may throw Large objects at the stage dealing a ton of damage and potentially breaking parts of the stage off, The Dark Presence could also deal constant ticking damage and have The Taken come and attack you. Alan Wake will appear in the background as well and throw a flare on a part of the stage. Anyone standing in the flare's light will not be affected by the Dark Presence's assault. While this is happening Alan Wake will also point his flashlight around defeating the taken. A Helicopter will fly by with Sarah Breaker and Barry Wheeler in it, this acts as a temporary platform and also The light from the Helicopter will protect you from the Dark Presence.

At the end. The Diver will appear in the center of the stage and reset the stage back to daytime.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Diablo Moveset

Neutral Special - Lightning Breath, Diablo shoots a large stream of Fire and Lightning Forwards, This can be aimed in 16 directions around Diablo

Side Special - Shadow Charge, Diablo Charges forward dealing damage to enemies in their way, They gain a small speed boost if they hit someone.

Down Special - Fire Stomp, Diablo Stomps down, dealing a lot of damage around Diablo and then 2 streams of fire move across the ground in front and behind them.

Up Special - Horrifying Leap, Diablo Jumps Upwards infused with Lightning.

Final Smash - Apocalypse, Every opponent is marked with a demonic rune and after a while it explodes, instantly KO-ing anyone over 100%

Bright Falls (Alan Wake)

This stage takes place on a series of docks and a boat in Bright Falls. There is water across the whole stage

The background you can see the main street with places like the Oh Deer Diner and various other places and people, like Rose, Sarah Breaker, Cynthia Weaver, Emil Hartman and The Anderson Brothers. getting ready for Deerfest.

The stage also has a day-night cycle during the day there are no hazards but once it becomes night the Dark Presence makes itself known. A large tornado appears in the background and various Taken appear as well. The Dark Presence may throw Large objects at the stage dealing a ton of damage and potentially breaking parts of the stage off, The Dark Presence could also deal constant ticking damage and have The Taken come and attack you. Alan Wake will appear in the background as well and throw a flare on a part of the stage. Anyone standing in the flare's light will not be affected by the Dark Presence's assault. While this is happening Alan Wake will also point his flashlight around defeating the taken. A Helicopter will fly by with Sarah Breaker and Barry Wheeler in it, this acts as a temporary platform and also The light from the Helicopter will protect you from the Dark Presence.

At the end. The Diver will appear in the center of the stage and reset the stage back to daytime.
Hey, sorry. We do movesets a bit differently here, it's largely all based around a single button. Think like how kirby games do movesets.

You can find more details here: https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...way-there-15-30-fighters.520598/post-24880517

And there's plenty of examples in the fighter list on the first page.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Hey, sorry. We do movesets a bit differently here, it's largely all based around a single button. Think like how kirby games do movesets.

You can find more details here: https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...way-there-15-30-fighters.520598/post-24880517

And there's plenty of examples in the fighter list on the first page.
Ah sorry, my bad I just kind of assumed the moveset template, that is 100% on me.

Here is a revision of a Diablo moveset. Let me know If I need to change anything about the template

B+Standing (Grounded/Aerial) - Lightning Breath, Diablo shoots a large stream of Fire and Lightning Forwards, This can be aimed in 16 directions around Diablo

B+Dash - Shadow Charge, Diablo Charges forward dealing damage to enemies in their way, They gain a small speed boost for a few seconds if they hit someone.

Up+B (Grounded/Aerial) - Horrifying Leap, Diablo Jumps Upwards infused with Lightning.

Forward+B (Grounded/Aerial) - Cold Touch, An Icy Claw Swipe downwards that has a chance of slowing opponents.

Down+B (Grounded) - Fire Stomp, Diablo Stomps down, dealing a lot of damage around Diablo and then 2 streams of fire move across the ground in front and behind them.

Down+B (Aerial) - Firestorm, Diablo conjures a large blast of fire downwards from their hands.

Back+B (Grounded/Aerial) - Overpower, Diablo swings both of their hands upwards launching opponents hit straight up.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Stage Submission:
Game_There_is_no_game!.jpg

There Is No Stage (There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension)

Players fight on a blank title screen with nothing that interesting going on. A narrator can be heard, telling you that there is no stage, and that you should just exit and play a different stage. As you continue to fight, the narrator will continue to complain about it.

Attacking parts of the sign will slowly cause it to break apart, creating new platforms and hazards, the narrator will continue complaining about this.

After a few minutes, the stage will "crash" and reset, the narrator breathes a sigh of relief. Only for you to start breaking apart the sign again.

The sign can be broken in a number of ways, creating a lot of replay value.

If you ever get sick of the narration, you can input a simple code to mute the narrator. His subtitles will still appear at the top of the stage however.

Dragon Quest Tokens:

Dracky - (Bronze)
Platypunk - (Bronze)
Goodybag - (Bronze)
Healslime - (Silver)
Martial Artist - (Silver)

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! First off, the Mode vote!

Sports Mode: 1 vote
Endless Mode: 2 votes

Endless Mode wins the vote! Congrats to FazDude FazDude !
============
And now, submission round up.

First we've got a Diablo Moveset graciously donated by cashregister9 cashregister9 , thank you for your submission!
Here is a revision of a Diablo moveset. Let me know If I need to change anything about the template

B+Standing (Grounded/Aerial) - Lightning Breath, Diablo shoots a large stream of Fire and Lightning Forwards, This can be aimed in 16 directions around Diablo

B+Dash - Shadow Charge, Diablo Charges forward dealing damage to enemies in their way, They gain a small speed boost for a few seconds if they hit someone.

Up+B (Grounded/Aerial) - Horrifying Leap, Diablo Jumps Upwards infused with Lightning.

Forward+B (Grounded/Aerial) - Cold Touch, An Icy Claw Swipe downwards that has a chance of slowing opponents.

Down+B (Grounded) - Fire Stomp, Diablo Stomps down, dealing a lot of damage around Diablo and then 2 streams of fire move across the ground in front and behind them.

Down+B (Aerial) - Firestorm, Diablo conjures a large blast of fire downwards from their hands.

Back+B (Grounded/Aerial) - Overpower, Diablo swings both of their hands upwards launching opponents hit straight up.
Next up, submissions for last update's new jobs.

Job #92: Submit an "Other" Stage!

Tetris ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Marble Madness ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Bright Falls ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
There Is No Stage ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
The Oregon Trail ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

Vote for your top three! Do not include your own submission in first place!

Job #93: Submit up to 5 Collectible Tokens for the Dragon Quest series!

Edit: don't usually do this, but someone sent late submissions, so I'm editing them in
Slime - Bronze
Golem - Bronze
King Slime - Silver
Dragonlord - Gold
Luminary - Gold
(Think I did that right, let me know if I didn’t)
Dragon Quest Tokens:

Dracky - (Bronze)
Platypunk - (Bronze)
Goodybag - (Bronze)
Healslime - (Silver)
Martial Artist - (Silver)
Cruelcumber - Bronze
Sacksquatch - Bronze
Stella - Silver
Zoma - Silver
Psaro - Gold

Special thanks to Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule and cashregister9 cashregister9 for their token submissions!
============
New Jobs!

Job #94: Submit a Music List for Sanctuary in the Sky! (Digimon)

Please add no less than 4 tracks minimum and no more than 8 tracks maximum. And, since we've got a couple new participants in the thread I'll mention that we do music voting a bit differently here, but only if multiple lists are submitted! So if you want to see that, submit a music list and hope other do as well!

Job #95: Submit Collectible Artwork for the Game!

Oh yeah, we have a second collectible, Artwork! Let's get started in adding these. Here's how this'll work.

Artwork can be anything as long as it's

1. From a series represented in Brawl of Fame.
2. From an official source. This can be Boxart, Promo Art, Concept Art, Social Media Art, anything! As long as it's official.

When submitting art please include a name for the piece (feel free to make one up if the original lacks a name) and please mention where the art is from. Thank you. There will be no limit for how much art you can submit.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Dragon Quest Tokens
Cruelcumber - Bronze
Sacksquatch - Bronze
Stella - Silver
Zoma - Silver
Psaro - Gold

1. Tetris
2. Oregon Trail
3. There Is No Stage

Job 95

"Celebration"
This is an IDW Trade cover, it would appear without text.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Digimon Music List Submission:

The Sanctuary in the Sky - Digimon Rumble Arena
Crazy Battlefield - Digimon Rumble Arena
Badguy's Festival - Digimon Rumble Arena
The Biggest Dreamer - Digimon Rumble Arena
Major Battle - Digimon World
Machinedramon Battle - Digimon World
Boss Battle - Digimon World DS
The Cyber Sleuth - Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

Artwork Submissions:
Pacman-41st-1.jpg

"Pizza Party!"
Source: PAC-MAN 41st Anniversary art
Ataripacman.png

"Strange PAC-MAN..."
Source: PAC-MAN Atari 2600 port
Super_Street_Fighter_II_Art_02.jpg

"The Tournament Battle"
Source: Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers

Edit:

Forgot to vote

1. Oregon Trail
2. Marble Madness
3. Bright Falls

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Centipede Misc Info:

Entrance Animation: Centipede burrows out from under the stage.

Taunt 1: Centipede leans down and skitters around in a circle like a real centipede.
Taunt 2: Centipede's segments change colors one by one before returning to its proper palette.
Taunt 3: Centipede growls and bites forwards a few times like a dog.

Winning Animation: Centipede turns to the camera with a sinister grin and begins attacking it.
Losing Animation: Centipede growls before burrowing back underground.

Victory theme: an electric guitar remix of the "have you played Atari today?" jingle.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright, to start us off, let's count the stage votes!

Bright Falls: 1 point
There Is No Stage: 7 points
Marble Madness: 9 points
Tetris: 13 points
Oregon Trail: 18 points

Well it looks like Oregon Trail is our third "other" stage! And a great one too! Definitely fits that "unexpected but justified" category I love so much. Congrats to Northsouthmap Northsouthmap !
================
Ok, so this next batch of stuff is gonna be a doozy:

First we've got the Digimon Music List courtesy of myself.
Next we've got some artwork submissions from the artwork job!
Job 95

"Celebration"
This is an IDW Trade cover, it would appear without text.
Artwork Submissions:
View attachment 386235
"Pizza Party!"
Source: PAC-MAN 41st Anniversary art
View attachment 386236
"Strange PAC-MAN..."
Source: PAC-MAN Atari 2600 port
View attachment 386237
"The Tournament Battle"
Source: Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers

Concept art for Twin Stars, which became the first Sonic game.
Thank you Northsouthmap Northsouthmap and cashregister9 cashregister9 !

Finally we've got just a few loose ends, cashregister9 cashregister9 submitted late tokens that I've elected to edit into the list anyways. And I've submitted a set of Misc Info for Centipede.

With this out of the way, we can move into our new job!
===========

Job #96: Submit a character for the roster that isn't known for fighting!

So, this may seem like a weird prompt, but it's really not. Smash has a ton of characters that don't really engage in combat in their main series. Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B. Villager, etc. There's tons of characters that could fit this category, and I'm excited to see what could be submitted!

For additional clarification, if a character regularly fights enemies in any form, they are not allowed to be submitted.

EDIT: Ok, that above rule seems a bit too strict looking back a night's rest later. So I'm gonna be a bit more loose.

If a character rarely fights, they're still allowed. If they don't fight in their most famous appearance(s) but fight in some more obscure side game, they're still allowed. Basically, if you have to think for a minute to remember if they can fight, they'll be allowed.

Feel free to ask if you need clarification.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
cashregister9 cashregister9 submitted late tokens that I've elected to edit into the list anyways. And I've submitted a set of Misc Info for Centipede.
oof yeah sorry that was another instance of me not reading things properly.

I also have one question about Job 96, Say a character doesn't fight in their original series but appears as a guest character in a game and they do fight, does that count?

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
oof yeah sorry that was another instance of me not reading things properly.

I also have one question about Job 96, Say a character doesn't fight in their original series but appears as a guest character in a game and they do fight, does that count?
Yes that's allowed

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I've made an edit to the job to be a lot more open and less strict, please take a look if you elected to skip this job out of strictness of requirements.

Top Bottom