• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Capcom vs. SNK 3: Rematch of the Ages (What teams should we do next?)

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Team Hsien Ko
1. Felicia and Talbain
2.Lord Raptor and Victor
3.Donovan and BB Hood

Team Terry Bogard
1.Rock Howard And Blue Mary
2.Mai and Duck King
3.Andy and Joe

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Darkstalkers (Hsien-Ko):
  1. Felicia & Jon Talbain
  2. Lord Raptor & Victor
  3. Donovan & Baby Bonnie Hood
Fatal Fury (Terry Bogard):
  1. Rock Howard & Blue Mary (always thought of this even in my DC Universe vs. SNK pitch, before KOF XV's full team reveal)
  2. Mai Shiranui & Duck King
  3. Mai Shiranui & Kim Kaphwan

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
  • Darkstalkers team; Hsien-Ko’s teammates
    • Felicia & Talbain: 17
    • Donovan & B.B. Hood: 10
    • Lord Raptor & Victor: 0
  • Team Fatal Fury; Terry’s teammates
    • Mai & Kim: 10
    • Andy & Joe: 7
    • Rock & Blue Mary: 15
    • Mai & Duck King: 3
And our new teams shall be:
  • Team Night Warriors (Felicia, Talbain & Hsien-Ko)
  • Team Fatal Fury (Terry, Rock, Blue Mary)
Job #4: Submit an Art of Fighting Team and a team with Dan Hibiki

Pulling from another thread, here's a history lesson on Dan Hibiki and Art of Fighitng:
346871[/ATTACH]View attachment 346872[/B]

Okay, this pairing is gonna need some elaboration. Back in the 90s, Capcom and SNK were the two arcade fighting game titans. In 1992, SNK released Art of Fighting. The main protagonist of that game, Ryo Sakazaki, shared quite a few similarities to the shotos of Street Fighter, specifically Ryu and Ken. Capcom did not take kindly to this inspiration. That’s where Dan Hibiki comes in. Dan was a joke character introduced in Street Fighter Alpha made to parody the Art of Fighting cast. He takes a lot of moves from Ryo and Robert, takes elements of both of their designs, and he was purposefully designed to be as ****ty as possible. He’s an overconfident jackass who’s almost always one of the weakest characters on whichever roster he’s in.

If you think SNK was just gonna take this lying down, you’d be horribly wrong. They decided to fight back with the character of Yuri, Ryo’s younger sister who made the leap from damsel in distress to capable fighter. Ever since Street Fighter Alpha released, Yuri began taking more and more elements from just about every Street Fighter character. Moves, taunts, animations, nothing was safe from Yuri. Capcom and SNK have been going back and forth with parodying each other with Dan and Yuri ever since, with this back and forth still going strong to this day. Don’t believe me, hopefully this can convince you:

TL;DR Art of Fighting made Capcom so mad that it birthed Dan Hibiki. For my submission, I'm going with Dan, Sakura and Blanka for Team Saikyo Style, and Ryo, Yuri and Marco Rodriguez for Team Art of Fighting. And for our first non-character job:

Job #5: What should the CAP and SNK Grooves be?

In the CvS series, before a match, you can pick different Groove that represented a different fighting style based on different fighting games from Capcom and SNK, respectively, and even came with artwork by Shinkiro and Kinu Nishimura, respectively. For this new game, what kind of Grooves should be represented?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't have an alternate nomination for Dan's team - Sakura and Blanka seem like great choices. By contrast, I had a tough time with choosing Ryo's team - there's Robert, King, Yuri... However, I think I found a concept that stuck with me.

team art of fighting.png

TEAM ART OF FIGHTING

Ryo Sakazaki, Mr. Karate, Marco Rodriguez

Three generations of Kyokugen Karate masters, ready to demonstrate their skill and shamelessly promote their school of martial arts! (I went with Mr. Karate rather than Takuma due to Mr. Karate's resemblance to Dan's deceased father, at least if Super Puzzle Fighter II is any indication)

...it just hit me that, in a weird coincidence, every SNK team that I've submitted so far has had a Garou: Mark of the Wolves character in it, even though I only played Garou on the Switch and haven't played a ton of it. I'd say that the trend probably won't continue, but I can think of teams for at least two more characters from that game.

---

For reference, in Capcom vs. SNK 2, the grooves were:

C - based on A-ism in Street Fighter Alpha 3 - three super bars, and you can cancel level 2 supers into level 1 supers
A - based on V-ism in Street Fighter Alpha 3 - custom combos allow all normal and special moves to cancel into each other, ending with a level 1 super
P - based on Street Fighter III: Third Strike - allows for parrying
S - based on King of Fighters '94 - you can charge your super meter and spot-dodge
N - based on King of Fighters '98 - you can use some of your meter to temporarily give yourself a 20% damage boost
K - based on Garou and Samurai Shodown - a rage meter fills if you take damage or perfectly block, giving you a big attack and defense boost once it's full.

There's likely more to it than what I'm describing; I'm just summarizing what I see online.

(I'm not sure if I'll be able to come up with a Groove list of my own; I'm not familiar with the competitive side of fighting games, so I don't know what would be balanced)

Last edited:

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
For my Team Art Of Fighting its Ryo,Yuri,and Wang Koh San from Art Of Fighting 3
For my Dan Team with be Dan,Rufus from Street Fighter IV,and Tron Bonne from Megaman Legends as Team Comic Relief
As for Grooves i will go with Perkilator Groove Idea

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Dan: Sakura and Blanka

Ryo:
1. Yuri and Marco
2. Mr. Karate and Marco
3. Yuri and Wang

D

Deleted member

Dan: Sakura and Blanka

Ryo:
1. Yuri and Marco
2. Mr. Karate and Marco
3. Yuri and Wang

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Dan's teammatesRyo's teammates
Sakura & Blanka: 4​
Yuri & Marco: 11​
Rufus & Tron Bonne: 0​
Mr. Karate & Marco: 7​
Yuri & Wang: 3​

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!
  • Team Saikyo Style
    • Dan Hibiki
    • Sakura Kasugano
    • Blanka
  • Team Kyokugenryu
    • Ryo Sakazaki
    • Yuri Sakazaki
    • Marco Rodriguez
Now I'd like to have a discussion; what teams should we do next? You don't have to specify the characters here.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’d say a team for the villains of either Capcom or SNK would be nice now. Capcom also has a lot of cosmic/god characters so a team for them would be cool. Okami, Asura’s Wrath and SonSon are possible options and there are even more if the team won’t be heroic characters.

Some teams with premises different than teams in the thorgi’s arcade video could be nice too so not all our picks are the same

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Alongside the others listed, Team Final Fight, and a Women Team for SNK especially (it doesn’t feel right not having staples like Mai, King, Athena and Kula on the roster yet), also a Metal Slug/Ikari Warriors team.

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
I think a Team Neo Geo and Team CPS2 would be a cool way to call back some of their older franchises.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If you want something to balance out both sides, maybe for Capcom, there could be a non-fighting game team? It would open up the possibility of a Mega Man team, a Devil May Cry team, a Resident Evil team, etc. (Though maybe it's best not to cram all of those into one round; I could see it getting ugly as a result)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
If you want something to balance out both sides, maybe for Capcom, there could be a non-fighting game team? It would open up the possibility of a Mega Man team, a Devil May Cry team, a Resident Evil team, etc. (Though maybe it's best not to cram all of those into one round; I could see it getting ugly as a result)
Now, I don't want to bring down the mood, but we're primarily focusing on fighting game characters for this roster.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Now, I don't want to bring down the mood, but we're primarily focusing on fighting game characters for this roster.
Okay, that's fine. I wanted to throw an idea out there for a last Capcom team, but maybe it's better to wait and see who gets added so we have a better idea of which Capcom characters feel like they need to be included.

Last edited:
Top Bottom