• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, Part II: Melee

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the previous poll, King Dedede won, making him the last unique newcomer.

Also, I’m abstaining from this job, and the two submission are SSB Melee from Butters Stotch Butters Stotch and SSB2: The Nintendo Allstars from Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds . I’ll submit a poll below:

Now that all of the unique characters are finished, the next job will be to create an Adventure Mode format. For Adventure Mode, the final boss does not need to be Bowser like in the original Melee.

My submission:
Stage 1: 1-4 recreation with Yoshi appearing for a battle, Bowser fight, fight against of Mario, Luigi, and Peach
Stage 2: Fight against Wario on Wario’s Castle
Stage 3: Fight against DK and Diddy on Gangplank Galleon
Stage 4: Hyrule Maze (Ganon/Link appears in some spots), fight Link on Pyramid of Power
Stage 5: Vs. Samus in Norfair, Escape from Zebes
Stage 6: Vs. Marth
Stage 7: Vs. Kirby on Rock Star
Stage 8: Vs. Fox on Corneria
Stage 9: Vs. Pikachu and Mewtwo
Stage 10: Race on Excitebike against Excitebikers
Stage 11: the F-Zero stage from Melee
Stage 12: The Mother stage
Stage 13: Final battle on Metal Cavern

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Stage 1 (Mushroom Kingdom):
  • Reach the flagpole/defeat Yoshi team
  • Vs. Mario and Peach (Peach’s Castle)
  • Vs. Mario and Luigi (Mushroom Kingdom) - replaces the latter if the first stage is beaten with a 2 at the end of the time
Stage 2 (DK Island):
  • Vs. Diddy x2 (Kongo Falls)
  • Vs. DK (Gangplank Galleon)
Stage 3 (Excite-Zero Grand Prix):
  • Race to the finish (Excitebike stadium, but with F-Zero music)
  • Vs. Excitebiker and Captain Falcon (Excitebike Bun Bun Battle Stadium or Mute City)
Stage 4 (Hyrule):
  • Traverse through maze and defeat Green Link to get the Triforce
  • Vs. Dark Link and Ganon (Pyramid of Power) – stamina battle
Stage 5 (Planet Zebes):
  • Vs. Samus (Norfair)
  • Escape!
Stage 6 (Castle Siege):
  • Vs. Marth x3 (Castle Siege)
Stage 7 (Dream Land):
  • Vs. Kirby (Rock Star, I know it’s another planet, but I think it fits well)
  • Vs. team Dedede (Fountain of Dreams)
Stage 8 (Wario Castle):
  • Vs. Wario and purple Luigi alt (Wario Castle) – Coin Battle
  • Vs. giant Wario (Wario Castle)
Stage 9 (Corneria):
  • Vs. Fox or Falco (Corneria)
  • Rematch (Out of this Dimension)
Stage 10 (Pokémon Stadium):
  • Vs. team Pikachu, followed by Mewtwo at the end of the battle (Pokémon Stadium) – PokeBrawl
Stage 11 (Meta Crystal):
  • Vs. Fighting Polygon Team (Meta Crystal)
Stage 12 (Bowser's Castle):
  • Vs. Bowser and Metal Mario (Bowser's Castle)
Stage 13 (Duel Zone):
  • Vs. Adventure Mode boss (Duel Zone, no platforms)
This might look big, but remeber that the original mode had multiple segments within some of its stages. If I can submit a boss for Adventure Mode, I'll go with Master Hand to reference the Smash series' lore and backstory. BTW, some fights and stages may change depending on future submissions.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
There was a tie between the two names, and I’ll just vote for Melee.

For adventure mode, there are two nominations from Pupp135 Pupp135 and Butters Stotch Butters Stotch
Below is a poll for which one should be added.

Job 69 is to select a stage for the Kirby franchise and one for the Yoshi or Wario franchise.

The first stage that I’ll nominate for is Halberd, which would just be the last part of the stage from Brawl.

For the other stage, I’ll go with Rice Beach, which would have a layout to Crusade .94’s.

Also, there are room for two free trophies since Falco and King Dedede are in.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 69:
1638974795122.jpeg

As Dedede is here, I'll submit Castle Dedede as the next Kirby stage. Its layout is the same as Boxing Ring in Smash 4, except the ceiling lights are gone.

The Yoshi stage I'm submitting is the E3 2001 version of Yoshi's Story.

With two trophy slots open, I'll submit Ryota Hayami from Wave Race and the Franklin Badge from Earthbound.

Last edited:
Job 69:
Green Greens (Kirby)

I'll resubmit Green Greens from Real Smash Melee, acts same, but now Gordos are falling from Tree.

Golden Pyramid (Wario)

Golden Pyramid stage could have 6 Platform Layout with main one as 7th and the Platforms ars themed after worlds of Wario Land 4.
The Golden Diva in 2D Sprite acts like a Stage Hazard, attacking players with her attacks.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the poll: we’ll use Butters Stotch Butters Stotch ’s format for adventure mode.

Also, we’ll vote if Duel Zone (FD layout) is added as a multiplayer stage.

For the stages, these are the nominations.
Pupp135 Pupp135 Halberd
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Castle Dedede
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Green Greens

Pupp135 Pupp135 Rice Beach
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Yoshi’s Story
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Golden Pyramid

Vote for your 2 most wanted where your submission is not first.

1. Castle Dedede
2. Green Greens

1. Golden Pyramid
2. Yoshi’s Story

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the poll, Duel Zone will be added for vs. Mode

Also, here are the votes of the other stages
Halberd 6
Castle Dedede 4
Green Greens 2

Rice Beach 1
Yoshi’s Story 5
Golden Pyramid 6

Halberd and Golden Pyramid are the next stages added.

Job 70: Submit an Item and how it would work.

For this job, I’ll nominate the Warp Star, which works like it does in other games.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll keep this job up for a few more hours,
Also, I’ll submit a few more event matches

Greed Runs the World
Player Character: King Dedede
Stage: Golden Pyramid
This is a 1v1 against Wario, and it is a coin match.

The Ultimate Battle
Player Character: Any
Stage: Duel Zone
This like final co-op events for Brawl and SSBWiiU

Troublesome Trio
Player Character: Any
Stage: Duel Zone
This is like Melee’s final event, but Dedede replaces Mewtwo, and Ganon replaces Ganondorf.

Heavyweight Championship
Player Character: Bowser
Stage: Castle Dedede
This is a 1v1 stamina fight Dedede.

Animal Fight
Player Character: Yoshi
Stage: Bramble Blast
This is an ffa against DK, Pikachu, and Dedede.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since there were only two nominations, both the Warp Star and Bomber will be added.

Job 71: Submit a boss for the end of Adventure Mode.

Last edited:
JOB 71:
Nintendo Man (Smash Original)

Nintendo Man is malovent Deity Entity, who created life of every single Nintendo Characters and he is Floating Sentient NES Console with NES Controllers as his Arms. He isnthe Villain of Adventure Mode and he wants to keep away their creations before they will destroy him.

His Attacks could be Controller Slam, Zapper Aim, Laser Eye Beams, ROB Arms and Console Ground Pound.
Has the Same voice as Announcer.

I nominate Nintendo Man, because he could be like Polygon Man, who is Final Boss representing Old piece of company, so Nintendo Man is Actually old Console, who was thrown by his Brothers and he became forgotten, but he thought that his creations overthrow him and he came to Revenge on his Creations as Nintendo God.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
64 and Melee will have no 3rd parties, but Smash 3 and the other sequels will have 3rd party video game characters allowed.
Out of curiosity, would a Rockstar Games character be allowed for a future game? I know there's the issue of age ratings and such, but Snake and Bayonetta are already playable in Smash. It's fine if not, since my first third party submission will probably be someone else.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
For the Adventure Mode boss, there was a tie, so I’ll vote for Master Hand.
Also, Gengar and Pichu are poke all pokemon.
Since Pichu has a trophy, a new spot can be added.
Job 73: Submit a clone, and state which character is the base of this clone.

TLoZ Link Carrying Treasures Artwork.png
I’ll go with Young Link (classic style) as a full clone of Link.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Job 73:
Roy (Fire Emblem)

It acts like in Smash actually, but he has reversed tipper as small gimmick.
For Trophy submittion:
Others:
- Wild Gunman (Wild Gunman) (He is rendered in 3D instead of being 2d Sprite)

And for Tie, I'll go with Nintendo Man to counterback Master Hand.

And Also, you forgot about Celebi.
Since I forgot it, it’ll also add it to the list of pokemon.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 73:

As I submitted him earlier as a unique character and almost resubmitted him later on, I'm going with Toad as a Mario clone. Ideally, he wouldn't be derivative of another fighter, but I don't think there's any other way of getting him in here as a playable character. He's been playable in Mario 2 and various spin-offs, so I don't think having him borrow Mario's moves would be a horrible idea (barring the Ground Pound, which is replaced with Peach's Vegetable).

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I was thinking of having us vote for which clones should join, but we only have 3 more stages, 3 more items, a pokemon, more open events, and a couple more movesets, so I’ll add all 4 clones to the roster. Since the roster is complete, feel free to discuss about things that you like about the roster and things that you’d hope to see in Smash 3.

Since Master Hand got more votes (2 to 1), he’ll be the Adventure Mode boss.

Job 74: Submit an item
Job 75: Submit special moves for Ness and King Dedede

For next item, I’ll go with Lip’s Stick, which works like the other games.

For my Ness Specials, I was thinking of changing one of Paula’s abilities, but I like PSI Thunder more than Teleport for recovery, and PSI Rockin seems more of a Final Smash, so I’ll keep the original ones (PSI Flash, Fire, Thunder, Magnet)

For Dedede, I’ll say keep Ultimate’s specials since they fit his character well.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 75:

I'm fine with Ness's moves, so I'll just make changes to Dedede's. His Neutral and Up B attacks stay, while the other two are swapped out. His Side B becomes one of Hammer Kirby's moves, Hammer Throw, where he tosses the hammer in the direction he's facing. His Down B becomes Hammer Spin, based on one of his attacks in the Masked Dedede fight, where he spins around with his hammer.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
I think the roster is pretty good and some really neat choices. Some characters did miss out on the roster (Zelda, Game & Watch, third parties, etc.), but there's always the upcoming Smash 3 thread, which I'm looking forward to. By the way, how will cuts be handled? Will we vote on who has to go?

Also, had I known that there would be four submissions for clones, lining up with the empty slots left, and no votes, I probably would've submitted Marill as a water based clone of Pikachu over Toad. I don't regret submitting Toad, nor do I want him switched out, as I think he serves as a nice tribute to the old rumor of him being playable in Melee, but with hindsight, I would've waited until the next thread to submit him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom