• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, Part I: SSB64

Pupp135

Smash Lord
For the Excitebike Arena layout, there was a tie before submitting my vote (If there are only two submissions. I only count my vote to break ties), so I’d chose KingBooGangar57’s layout for Excitebike Arena.
Fountain of Dreams ended up winning from the fixed poll.

I’ll give a few more hours for submitting specials for Mario and Pikachu.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since there were no additional votes for Mario and Pikachu’s special moves, my submissions will be used.

Job 8: Submit an item and how it would work.

1629391374408.png

I’ll submit the super mushroom, which will work like it does in regular SSB games.

Last edited:

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Poison Mushroom (Mario)
Poison_mushroom.gif

This doesn't work like our universe's; instead, it deals 20% damage and causes the fighter to flinch.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Super Mushroom 5
Balloon Fighter Ballons 8
Maximum Tomato 8
Poison Mushroom 3

The Balloon Fighter Ballons and Maximum Tomato will be our first non-assist items.

We’ll continue with items for Job 9, which will be to sumbit a Pokeball Pokemon and its attack.
I’ll take the previous submission of Electrode for my choice.

Job #3: Electrode
View attachment 326435
When spawned, Electrode will began to charge up by glowing more and more yellow. Then, Electrode will explode, unleashing a huge amount of lightning at anyone nearby, causing a lot of damage.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the results
Electrode 2
Ninetails 3
Rhydon 4

Ninetails and Rhydon will be added.

For Job 10: Submit a Nintendo character who debuted in the ‘80s, and explain why you think this character would be a good addition.

I’ll renominate Link from the Legend of Zelda Series

I’ll nominate Link from the Legend of Zelda series since LoZ is a well-known franchise with 4 games and a 5th on its way during the late ‘90s. Also, he can use a variety of weapons in addition to his sword, such as bows, bombs, or boomerangs.

1628713834342.png

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since Samus won the poll, she’ll be the bext fighter added.

Job 11 will be to submit special moves for Excitebiker and/or Kirby
For Excitebiker
Neutral (Acceleration): Excitebiker accelerates on his bike, damaging players in his way.
Up Special (Super Jump Ramp): A super jumping ramp appears, and Excitbiker goes up the ramp, allowing him to move a great vertical distance, and he’ll damage players who get in his way.
Down Special (Mud Splash): A mud pit is under the wheels, and the mud moves in both horizontal directions.

For Kirby, I liked his specials as is.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll keep Job 11 (Excitebiker and Kirby specials) up until tomorrow morning, but I’ll start Job 12 right now, which is to submit stages for Fire Emblem and Metroid, and describe the layout.

Fire Emblem Stage: Dolhr Keep

1629764490526.png

Even though it is the location of the last chapter, I wanted to do Dolhr Keep because I like this area in Shadow Dragon. For layout, I would imagine it as a walkoff where there are two platforms above the base platform, with the platforms on the edges. Somtimes, Medius will attach the players from one of the edges of the stage.

Metroid Stage: Crateria

1629764407591.png

This would play like the one in the Melee 64 mod.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since there were no additional submissions, we’ll use the specials I used for Excitebiker and Kirby.

I’ll leave more time for the FE and Metroid stages.

Job 12:
Archanea (Fire Emblem)

It'll take place in Archanea on Castle like on Castle Siege in real Smash.
But Medeus will appear in Background in Dragon Form as Stage boss, he will do his signature attack as Dragon Form.
The style of the map would be 64-rendered version of Fire Emblem Gaiden Archanea.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since Crateria was the only nominate Metroid stage, it will be added by default.
I’m adding a poll below for choosing if Dolhr Keep or Archaneia should be the new stage.

For the 13th job, submit an item.
1629391374408.png

I’ll resubmit the super mushroom, which will work like it does in regular SSB games.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the poll, Archaneia gets added as the Fire Emblem stage.

Since there is room for 16 more items, I’ll let both nominated items get added.

For Job 14: Submit a 1P minigame.
The minigame I’ll nominate is coin collector. This is similar to Break the Targets and Board the Platforms, but in this case, touching the coin will count as collecting one coin, and there will be 10 coins to collect for each level. Like SSB64, each character will get a separate level.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here is the poll for the two 1P minigames (Coin Collector vs. Traverse through Level):

Also, I’m putting Job 15 up, which is to submit a Pokeball Pokemon that is not one of those already present (i.e. Grass, Fire, Poison, Ground, and Rock)
I’ll resubmit Electrode:

Job #3: Electrode
View attachment 326435
When spawned, Electrode will began to charge up by glowing more and more yellow. Then, Electrode will explode, unleashing a huge amount of lightning at anyone nearby, causing a lot of damage.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the poll votes, Traverse through Level becomes the second single player minigame.

Since only two Pokemon were nominated, I’ll add both to the game.

I’ll post both Jobs 16 and 17 right now.

Job 16: Submit a Nintendo character whose debut was not after 1997.
I’m resumbitting Link for this job.

I’ll nominate Link from the Legend of Zelda series since LoZ is a well-known franchise with 4 games and a 5th on its way during the late ‘90s. Also, Link could also use various weapons to help him fight, such as a bow and arrow and bombs.

1628713834342.png

Job 17: Submit special moves for Marth and Samus.
For Marth, I think all of his Melee special moves used for neutral, up, and down specials are fitting, so they stay.
For Samus, I’d change Charge Shot with Missiles as her neutral special, and there is a 1 in 5 change for the missle to be a Super Missile. The two types of missiles work similar to how they do in SSB.

Last edited:
Job 16: Fox McCloud

I nominate him, because his Game was best selling in the market during 90's. Also, the game was really good, because of his Polygonal Graphics that made the game 3D for a SNES game.

His moveset would be similar to real Smash, but instead his Up Special can be Arwing ascend. His neutral special will have Reticle like in Star Fox SNES and Star Fox 64. His Down Special can remain same like in Real Smash. While Attacks from Star Fox 64 can be in the game for Promotional Purposes since Alternate Universe Smash is releasing on Nintendo 64.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Link
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Fox McCloud
cashregister9 cashregister9 Duck Hunt
Ruler of Subspace Ruler of Subspace Mach Rider

Vote for your three most wanted, with your submission only being second or third. The top two choices are added and complete the starting roster.

My votes:
1. Fox McCloud
2. Link
3. Duck Hunt

Also, my special moves for Marth and Samus will be chosen by default.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Link 8
Fox McCloud 6
Duck Hunt 4

From the tally, Link and Fox are added and complete the starting roster.
Now that our starting roster is complete, we’ll now finish the starting stages for job 18, which is to submit a stage for the Legend of Zelda and Star Fox in addition to their layouts.

1630180366009.png

For my choice of a LoZ stage, I’ll choose Hyrule Castle since it is a notable location in ALttP. In terms of layout, It’d be similar to the one in SSB, but the left part of the stage wouldn’t be slanted, and there would only be one soft platform in the center. As a hazard, Aganhim’s lightning balls would appear and attack players.
1630181167110.jpeg

For my choice of a Star Fox stage, I’ll submit Smash Remix’s version of Corneria since I feel that this layout is something I can see myself add.

Also, I’m sending a poll asking if we should use Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ’s list of specials that he submitted for Fox.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll keep this job up for a little longer for those interested in submitting stages for LoZ and Star Fox.

Top Bottom